Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
mmalone
Team Captain
 
mmalone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 753
Member Number: 13521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to fix an offensive line

The Philadelphia Eagles recently signed Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl-caliber left tackle, to a six-year deal worth $60 million dollars that included $24.4 million in guarantees. Earlier this off-season, the Eagles signed a right tackle, who now will play guard, to a six-year deal worth $40 million dollars.

This should keep McNabb standing.
__________________
mmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
DACEB
Banned
 
DACEB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,480
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmalone View Post
The Philadelphia Eagles recently signed Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl-caliber left tackle, to a six-year deal worth $60 million dollars that included $24.4 million in guarantees. Earlier this off-season, the Eagles signed a right tackle, who now will play guard, to a six-year deal worth $40 million dollars.

This should keep McNabb standing.
time will tell
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmalone View Post
The Philadelphia Eagles recently signed Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl-caliber left tackle, to a six-year deal worth $60 million dollars that included $24.4 million in guarantees. Earlier this off-season, the Eagles signed a right tackle, who now will play guard, to a six-year deal worth $40 million dollars.

This should keep McNabb standing.
The Browns led the league last year with about 34.5 million in cap space going towards their starting five O-linemen.

I'm not saying, ya know...I'm just saying.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
KeiselPower99
Living Legend
 
KeiselPower99's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkersburg West Virginia
Posts: 3,583
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8552
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

Yep and in a few years they will be reworking those deals.
__________________
]
KeiselPower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

How about drafting players who can do the job instead of signing guys to huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge freaking contracts?
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain
 
RodWoodsonwasprettycool's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Akron/Canton, Ohio
Posts: 799
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Yep and in a few years they will be reworking those deals.
Eh, I think Steinbach and Thomas deserve the Cash. Maybe Mack depending on how he does this season.

Tucker will probably be gone next season, which probably means Mangini will have to draft a RG/RT next year because I don't have much faith in the newly acquired George Foster, Womack, and John St. Clair yet. Although all were starters, they really didn't look all that impressive to me yet, though I'm sort of happy that we're creating some depth in that way.

I'd rather spend big bucks on a lineman over a high priced receiver or another position any day of the week.

That's how games are won, in the trenches, and If the Browns can keep devolping that area that may give us an advantage one day.
__________________
Don't Blame Me, I don't have any control over the Browns.
RodWoodsonwasprettycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,225
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,885
Thanked 8,096 Times in 3,457 Posts
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post

That's how games are won, in the trenches, and If the Browns can keep devolping that area that may give us an advantage one day.
i agree. they may keep their ab standing long enough to actually SEE his wr's drop the ball.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i agree. they may keep their ab standing long enough to actually SEE his wr's drop the ball.
AB?

Averageback?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #9
KeiselPower99
Living Legend
 
KeiselPower99's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkersburg West Virginia
Posts: 3,583
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8552
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Eh, I think Steinbach and Thomas deserve the Cash. Maybe Mack depending on how he does this season.

Tucker will probably be gone next season, which probably means Mangini will have to draft a RG/RT next year because I don't have much faith in the newly acquired George Foster, Womack, and John St. Clair yet. Although all were starters, they really didn't look all that impressive to me yet, though I'm sort of happy that we're creating some depth in that way.

I'd rather spend big bucks on a lineman over a high priced receiver or another position any day of the week.

That's how games are won, in the trenches, and If the Browns can keep devolping that area that may give us an advantage one day.
I was actually talking about the Eagles not the Browns. I will admit Steinbach and Thomas make a damn good left side.
__________________
]
KeiselPower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,178
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 339
Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,059 Posts
Default Re: How to fix an offensive line

I'm not a big fan of spending big $$ like $17mil a season on free agent OT's like that. It gets you in cap hell eventually. Just ask the Redskins and Browns how that works out.

Gotta draft and develop young guys, or get serviceable vets at decent value like the Steelers have done with Wayne Gandy, Jeff Hartings, Justin Hartwig in the past.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts