Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Are All Women Crazy?
Yes, definitely, always have been and always will be! 19 57.58%
Sometimes, it depends on the day of the month. 3 9.09%
There are good ones and bad ones. 9 27.27%
No, it's just your imagination. 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931
Default Are All Women Crazy?

All including everybody except your mother and Hometowngirl.

Is there is something in the water supply or am I just having bad luck lately?

AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Are All Women Crazy?

Always have been...always will be.

BUT:

1) They are worth it!!!
2) We drive them as crazy as the drive us!!!
3) They dont all look like Tim Lumbers wife.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
All including everybody except your mother and Hometowngirl.

Is there is something in the water supply or am I just having bad luck lately?

You know how to schmooze me, don't ya?

I dunno - maybe I'm just different, but today's women seem so selfish, materialistic, opportunistic and inconsiderate to me. Wine me, dine me, refine me, buy me everything I want no matter how much it costs, satisfy ME. . . . ME, ME, ME, ME and ME some more. I wasn't raised that way and I didn't raise my daughter that way. Men aren't perfect either, and I know I'll probably catch hell from my fellow women folk here, but today's gentleman is caught between a rock and a hard place (I guess that could be literally speaking, too. ). Hell - I'm content as a clam going for a long drive or grabbing a bite to eat at the local greasy spoon and taking in a sporting event whether it be professional or amateur or sitting down to play a good game of chess. I'm insistent on treating every other date which most guys find offensive - doesn't make you less macho - it's really just about being fair and not taking advantage of your date or taking them for granted. This isn't the 1950's!!

My daughter is now married, but as I told both of them many times and tend to follow this rule myself - don't go looking for "Miss/Mr. Right" - when the time is right, you'll find each other. Don't look for them in a bar - bar flies are a dime a dozen and usually need disinfected. Don't look for them on the internet - people can be whoever they choose to be behind a computer screen (with me - what you see is what you get as several people around here can attest to - LOL!). Seek out QUALITY women. They might not look like SI swimsuit models but may have insatiable inner beauty which is what really matters. Don't give up hon - they're out there!!

I see no reason to keep this in the BF, so I'm moving it to the Locker Room (for now).

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

How about a compromise?

There are good ones (that can be as crazy as owl-shit)....and bad ones (that are ALWAYS as crazy as owl-shit).
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Some of today's teenage girls do like to take advantage of today's teenage guys. In some cases I'm wondering where in the heck do they get their dating tips(MTV?). Unfortunately we live in a "What have you done for me lately?" type of society. I usually don't waste my time with girls that are like that. If they're going to be snobbish to me, I take that as my signal that I should probably move on and find someone else. I hold myself to a high standard of character and look for women who do the same. They don't have to be the go out every night kind of girl. They can be the one who just like to spend a quiet evening at home to.

They might be crazy to some degree, but at the same time as LLT said, they can be worth it in the end.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614

women are somewhat sane......until you marry them......and THEN they turn into the most irrational, insane, never wrong, princesses you will ever meet..............but i still lover her
Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindes204 View Post
women are somewhat sane......until you marry them......and THEN they turn into the most irrational, insane, never wrong, princesses you will ever meet..............but i still lover her
LOL!

My wife and I just "celebrated" our 12th anniversary yesterday and I am hoping for MANY more! I was lucky enough to get her when she was still young and sweet and she still is! After 12 years, despite our problems, I realize now, more than ever, that my wife is an absolute gem and a definite keeper.....as long as I can keep her on a budget!

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,355 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I have to split they are good ones and bad ones.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

I've been married for 23 years. Things change... some for the better, some not so much. Relationships are constantly evolving if you are with someone for any length of time. You learn to roll with it, or you don't.

I have a 16 year old daughter that is now dating...... I may vote for the crazy part on this one!...LOL.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #10
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

I think the problem with both sides is vanity, and as the disease progresses, narcissism. I have noted that this condition has become pandemic over the last 40 or so years. Not to dismiss vanity entirely, it is IMHO a component of the mating process - men seek beauty and women tend to seek virility. And I believe they do viscerally in order to bring forth strong attractive children. There, that should start a @#$%storm.

I like pretty wimmins just like the next guy. But I learned something early in life - don't flatter vanity. Vanity that seeks an audience will never be satisfied. And its interesting, that kind of vanity is easy to manipulate - ignoring it is a form of "hard to get".

I had good results with pretty girls with subdued outward vanity. They knew they were hot but were annoyed with the idiots that guffawed all over them. So, they toned it way down. And when you get into a relationship with one of those, because it isn't about vanity, it's really good.

That worked 35 years ago. It looks brutal out there today. As I tell my bride of 34 years, I would hate to be young in this environment. But I gotta believe there are still some Kathy Irelands in (real) jeans and a flannel shirt "oud-dare".

And to address the original question - they're no crazier than men.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote