Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Dallas to bring back Pac Man? UPDATE

No wonder this team is such a bunch of losers.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1419956.html

Jerry Jones says Pacman Jones could return to Cowboys
By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.chill@star-telegram.com

ARLINGTON -- Apparently the door has not been completely closed on cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones’ career with the Dallas Cowboys.

A giddy Jerry Jones, reached in his private suite after the George Strait concert Saturday night to open the new Cowboys Stadium, asked a reporter, "Would you beat me up too bad if I brought back Adam?"

The Cowboys’ owner said he is considering the move even though it’s a long shot.

Pacman’s agent Worrick Robinson was pleased to know the Cowboys are still interested in Jones. He said a return to Dallas was there hope when he was released. But he also acknowledged there have been no substantive conversations since.

"I have not heard from the Cowboys," Robinson said Monday morning. "When he was released, we were hoping for an opportunity to return. We are still hoping that opportunity exists."

Robinson said he has had conversations with several teams about signing Jones for next year. He declined to name them, but hopes to have something resolved soon.

"Hopefully it will happen in the next couple of weeks so he can be there for the start of training camp," Robinson said.

The Cowboys might be hesitant to bring back Pacman Jones because it could stunt the progress of second-year cornerbacks Orlando Scandrick and Mike Jenkins.

But Jerry Jones said he’s not concerned about any off-the-field issues with Pacman Jones even though the cornerback was released by the team after a tumultuous season and possibly faces more legal issues. He was acquired by the Cowboys in April 2008 after being suspended for the 2007 season on the heels of a string of arrests when he was with the Tennessee Titans.

But about a month into the season, he was involved in a scuffle with his bodyguard at a downtown Dallas hotel and was suspended for six games by the NFL. Jones spent time in an alcohol rehab program during his suspension.

The Cowboys announced his release in January, which coincided with an ESPN report that three men alleged that Jones had hired a hit man to kill them in 2007.

Although the case remains open, Atlanta police said at the time that they are not actively investigating the case.

Robinson also said his client is not in jeopardy of being caught up in more legal issues in Atlanta, despite the ESPN report.

"It was just some outrageous journalism," Robinson said. "We said at the time that nothing was going to come of it."

In hindsight, the Cowboys’ owner said Pacman Jones was a not a problem last season, blaming the fight at the hotel on the bodyguard.

He also said Pacman Jones was a better player than he was given credit for last season and graded as the team’s best cornerback.

Still the Cowboys owner, while acknowledging interest, was non committal on a possible return.

What is clear is that the door is not completely shut either.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31173643/

Guess they don't want to look like a total ass around the league.

Cowboys deny interest in ‘Pacman’ Jones
Jerry Jones had reportedly raised possiblity of cornerback’s return

IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys say there are no plans to bring back Adam “Pacman” Jones, the cornerback whose career has been marred by off-the-field problems.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones raised the possibility in a weekend interview with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Team spokesman Rich Dalrymple said Monday the owner had told him it wasn’t going to happen.

After serving a one-year suspension for violating the NFL’s conduct policy, Jones was acquired by the Cowboys last summer. He was released in January after problems that included a fight with his team-provided bodyguard and a six-game suspension.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Dallas to bring back Pac Man? UPDATE

I guess they will never learn Pac man will just stay in trouble and have his off field issues.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I don't see why, considering that he was unproductive and just garnered the Cowboys bad publicity last season. Oh wait, Jerruh loves publicity and doesn't really care if it's good or bad. He'll probably be back.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,125 Times in 442 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

on nfl live last night Mark Schelereth(SP) said that the steelers should aquire pac man
vasteeler is online now   Reply With Quote