Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default Colts - Well Rested or Rusty - Which One?

Considering that some of the Colts' defensive starters haven't played in a while, and some of their main playmakers haven't started, will the Colts just be healthy and come out firing or will it take time for them to adjust to the speed of the game? I really don't know what to expect....but if I were Cowher and had the ball first, I would let Ben take shots down the field and catch the Colts' D off guard. What do you guys think?
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
Man_Of_Steel
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 1036
Default Re: Colts - Well Rested or Rusty - Which One?

I think they will be rusty. And that does not bode well against a Steeler team that is on fire. Ben is playing at the top of his game right now. Willie Parker is running harder than I've seen this year, and our recievers are making big plays. And to top it off NOBODY is picking the Steelers to win this game, what more motivation do they need? This has upset sity written all over it. Man do I want to bet on this game but don't know what trusted site to use.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I dont think there is much debating that having a weeks rest is a good thing - recent playoff records suggest that anyway.

If the Steelers pull this one out - it'll be because they were good enough to overcome the No.1 ranked team in the NFL with a weeks less rest - that would be a fantastic achievement.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK66
I think they will be rusty. And that does not bode well against a Steeler team that is on fire. Ben is playing at the top of his game right now. Willie Parker is running harder than I've seen this year, and our recievers are making big plays. And to top it off NOBODY is picking the Steelers to win this game, what more motivation do they need? This has upset sity written all over it. Man do I want to bet on this game but don't know what trusted site to use.
Try Bet365.com - that is a pretty good site and it gives you plenty of varied game 'props' such as race to 10 points and 1st TD scorer.....

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

you could really make some money if the steelers win. guarantee everyones taking indy
Old 01-13-2006, 12:44 AM   #6
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

I very much hope that their rusty. I know we were when we came out for the Jets game last year.....It is very hard to have won HFA through out in week 13 and then turn it on when the playoffs start. This aint the NBA!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

I believe that here will be rust there. We need to jump on them qwik! We need to pull a San Diego on them and get them down early like they did (16-0). I know we can get into Peyton's head. I'm sure LeBeau has this game schemed well.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:13 AM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The colts offense is all about timing.. I would imagine they will be alittle bit rusty but they'll work it out... and if they are alittle rusty thats when we need to jump on them and make a move to get ahead early and not be playing catchup.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:53 AM   #9
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

LITP, I would agree that if they just had 1 week off they would be rested, but the starters really haven't played more than a quarter for 3+ weeks, that is maybe a little too long to not have rust. Not to mention that this is a playoff game so it is definately a higher speed than even their last game. So because they have been resting alot of the key starters since they locked up home field, I am thinking there will be some rust. I am certainly hoping that will give our Def the time it needs to adjust and our Off a chance to get lead to start the game.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Yeah I believe there will be some rust too - but I also believe that the rest and health they have gained through not playing will be a bigger plus point.

Im trying to stay pessimistic on this one - id love to see the Steelers march into Indy and stuff the Colts - the only problem being which rule the Competition Commitee would want -'re-emphasised' this time.

NM