Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
wezx
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13693
Default Hello from Akron, OH!

Greetings fellow Steelers devotees. I am very glad to have discovered this forum!

I first became interested in football & the NFL when I was 10 years old. The Steelers were the first team I heard about and I decided to root for the Steelers. It is a lifelong commitment for me. Over the years I have struggled to explain to people what it is between the Steelers and me. I am a Cleveland Indians and Cavaliers fan but it is not the same…it is not like with the Steelers. What I have come up with is this; “The Steelers are woven into the fabric of my soul.”

I would never turn on my team in the worst of times. I would never turn on one of our players when he makes a bad play…as long as he is a Steeler he will have my unfailing support. I have attended, I believe, 4 games at Heinz field and will be attending 2 more this season. I believe in sportsmanship above ALL else and made a point to shake the hands of some Browns fans at Heinz field last year who were brave enough to come root for their team. It takes guts to go to enemy territory and cheer for your team…I have the utmost respect for that type of commitment. I have lived in Northeast Ohio since I was 10 and have had to endure my fair share of abuse from Browns fans. However, I believe this builds character. As a side note: My favorite team is the Steelers and ANYONE playing the Browns. My hatred of the Browns knows no bounds. I have been a little distressed several times at Heinz field to hear Steelers fans booing our team or an individual Steelers player. To me this in unconscionable! When you’re at the game you are the 12th man. You have to support the Steelers no matter what. How can you expect them to play better when you boo them…all that will do is make them play worse and give comfort to the other team! “Ask NOT what the Pittsburgh Steelers can do for you, ask what YOU can do for the Pittsburgh Steelers.” I have wept many times over Steelers games (especially as the final seconds ticked off in SB XL)…such is my commitment. A great joy has been sharing the Steelers with my now 11 year old son and watching the twinkle in his eye when we’ve attended Steelers games or watched them on TV. I ALWAYS make a point to go over and see "The Chief" when we're at Heinz field. I have the UTMOST respect for the Rooney Family. I attended the Super Bowl parades for XL and XLIII. I was very happy to see Mr. Rooney in both parades...he is a great man.

I guess most of that may sound melodramatic or corny to some but it is all genuine.

There was a TV commercial some years ago that I dearly loved because it so perfectly described my love for the Steelers (and great sports achievements in general). I have customized it for the Steelers:

“He’s not perfect…but on some days he has been.

The day he found nothing but open field for the longest run in Super Bowl history.

The day he saved a season by a shoestring.

The day he caught a prayer in the end zone to give a city #6

And you wish…just once…that you could be that perfect too…

and that is why you cheer for him."
wezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:23 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Hello from Akron, OH!

Welcome to the board.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Wow. Agree with everything U've said about supporting your team & it's players no matter how the situation turns out.

Welcome & enjoy.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Welcome to Steelers Fever.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Hiya wezx and welcome to Steelers Fever! I've already enjoyed many of your posts!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote