Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Rek
Starter

Member Number: 10681
Default Not A Huge Loss At All

With the Pens clinching the Stanley Cup, and the Buc's sucking as usual, I've been watching every game from the 2008 season that I downloaded and collected throughout last year.

I've noticed that losing Foote and McFadden is sad, but not detrimental, and the loss of Nate Washington may actually be great for the team. It gives a chance for Sweed, Wallace, etc. to get some reps and probably turn out to be 10x better than Nate.

In Week 12 against the Bengals and in the playoffs against the Bolts and Ravens, Nate was thrown to right on the NUMBERS and could not catch at all. The media keeps saying it will hurt the Steelers because he was fast and could jump high, but after re-watching the games, my feelings toward Washington has dropped. He was barely a good enough to be a 3rd receiver with his severe case of the "dropies" and his departure is nothing but good for the Steelers.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Not A Huge Loss At All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
In Week 12 against the Bengals and in the playoffs against the Bolts and Ravens, Nate was thrown to right on the NUMBERS and could not catch at all. The media keeps saying it will hurt the Steelers because he was fast and could jump high, but after re-watching the games, my feelings toward Washington has dropped. He was barely a good enough to be a 3rd receiver with his severe case of the "dropies" and his departure is nothing but good for the Steelers.
BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Nate was not a big loss at all. Foote it remains to be seen but I think Timmons will quickly make us forget about Foote. I hope we have someone in the wings waiting to take over for Farrior. He is getting a little long in the tooth as they say. Nate can be another sucky WR on that Titans team. I think they highly overpaid him and it will show when the Steelers rough him up in the first game of the season.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
With the Pens clinching the Stanley Cup, and the Buc's sucking as usual, I've been watching every game from the 2008 season that I downloaded and collected throughout last year.

I've noticed that losing Foote and McFadden is sad, but not detrimental, and the loss of Nate Washington may actually be great for the team. It gives a chance for Sweed, Wallace, etc. to get some reps and probably turn out to be 10x better than Nate.

Nate made some big plays but he dropped just as many. I really like the depth of the WRs heading into this season, with Holmes bordering on super star, Ward being Ward and Sweed and McDonald fighting for the rest of the balls. Wallace won't factor in much.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

We didn't think that REL was going to be a huge loss either...but he was. Like him or not, Nate came up big in the Dallas game and the 2nd Baltimore game.

Nate's loss will be measured by the success of Sweed or McDonald.

I don't agree about Foote. Foote was part of the chemistry of the defense. Foote was always in position. Not spectacular, but very...very steady.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
We didn't think that REL was going to be a huge loss either...but he was. Like him or not, Nate came up big in the Dallas game and the 2nd Baltimore game.

I don't agree about Foote. Foote was part of the chemistry of the defense. Foote was always in position. Not spectacular, but very...very steady.
WORD!

When I was the that DVD highlights of our season, I thought Nate was actually pretty good. But I guess V'll C.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
The Definiti0n
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13192

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post

I agree totally, I was just watching the Dallas game on NFL Network and Nate came up with 2 huge catches in the second half. We are going to miss his energy and his ability to stretch the field. I
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:

Nate was one of the best #3 receivers in the league .and btw, severe case of dropsies would be braylon edwards. Santonio and hines both dropped more passes than nate

Quote:
It gives a chance for Sweed, Wallace, etc. to get some reps and probably turn out to be 10x better than Nate.
Oh, ok....

at least we know nate can be a # 3 receiver. Sweed/McDonald/Wallace have not proven anything. Believe me, no loss is "good for the team"

at this point I am hoping sweed can play at nate's level. the fan in me hopes he becomes the next jerry rice of course, lol

Quote:
Nate came up big in the Dallas game and the 2nd Baltimore game.

exactly, and in the critical moments when we needed him
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

I don't like losing Nate, but I think McFadden is a bigger loss. I am not sold on Gay, but I am pulling for him to step up.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:37 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,337 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
. Wallace won't factor in much.
I would not say that yet if the man has some good hand and route running then he could very well be in the mix. He ran a 4.34 so he has the speed to get it done.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #10
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119

We will miss Nate and B-Mac as they were part of our SB 43 team. However, we will do as we allways do and bring guys in to compete and replinish those positions as well as some other needs and hopfully repeat!!!!!!
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote