Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #51
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: Patriots can be king of all eras

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
What a let down. I thought you would have more than a worn out picture as a come back.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #52
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
still waiting.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #53
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

I freely admit I am not as knowledgeable about football as 99% of you here, but I like to think of myself as fairly representative of "everyman" or "Joe Shmoe" who knows a little about what's going on but not up on all the background and the stats and such. Of course, liking to think that doesn't make it so. After all, I like to think I'm young and pretty and cute too. Anyway, the following is my take on the Pats before and after Spygate.

Here is something I just wrote to someone in PM - my opinion only but I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only one:

Originally Posted by Kittyfish
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can we agree that the Patriots are cheating MFs and I am even more sick of hearing about godliness of Brady than I am about the godliness of Favre?
Absolutely and I agree wholeheartedly!
Good - if you hadn't, we couldn't be friends.

You know, it didn't used to be that way. Not that I enjoyed losing to the Pats, but I just figured they had our number - no matter what team you support and how good they may be, there are going to be one or two teams you just struggle against, regardless. I figured the Pats and the Jags and sometimes the Ravens were just our nemesis and there wasn't much I could do about it. Teams tend to go in cycles of being good and being not-so-good, and I assumed that the Pats were on the upswing at this point in time. I gave credit to Brady and the Pats for being the better team (after I got over the sting of losing to them yet again). But after that cheating business came out, just the sight of Brady or Bellichick physically turns my stomach. I mean, literally makes me sick. I still don't see how they were punished (beyond paying $500,000, which, let's face it, probably wasn't that much of a hardship) and it really grinds my gizzard that they squeaked out all those SB wins cheating all the while. I'm mad as hell on behalf of the opposing teams who lost to them because of Vinatieri's foot. It's not like TB had these fabulous blow-out SB victories. And the talking heads NEVER seem to acknowledge any of it and continue to proclaim TB as the best evah evah evah w/o ever admitting he might have had an edge. They still pick the Pats to win the SB every single year, when they lost 42 and hadn't been before that since, what, 2004? I'm simply sick to death of hearing about GD TB.
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #54
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
This guy has to be retarded ... explain to me again how four Super Bowls are better than six, or even five? Especially when you haven't even won your fourth one yet?

All I have to say to that is, wow. What a shameless attempt to use arbitrary stats for your own self-serving cause.

In the 10 years from 1984-1993, San Francisco won 130 games. THAT'S the record, and New England doesn't even have a chance to come close to it.

For those keeping score at home, even if the Patriots win 12 games this year like the asshat writer seems to think, the 49ers basically did better than them by a full unbeaten season during the same stretch of time.
Not to mention that the 49ers 18-1 season was better than the Cheatriots 18-1 season because it ended with a championship and not a choke job.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #55
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
It's hard to believe how much the patsies get blown by virtually every media outlet.

This one here just blows me away:

All decades??? How the f**k do you figure that!? The steelers owned the 70's. The 49ers owned the 80's. The cowboys owned the 90's. The Raiders have as many Superbowl wins as the patr*ts, plus... they are the only team to play in the Superbowl in 4 out of the last 5 decades. The patr*ts did nothing during those decades but suck ass! Everything about this article and the patr*ots is a f**king joke!
Hey now! The Cheatriots have been in a SB in each of the last 3 decades. Everyone remembers that stellar performance against Da Bears in '86 right? What was it again? Oh yeah 45-10.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #56
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
Not to mention that the 49ers 18-1 season was better than the Cheatriots 18-1 season because it ended with a championship and not a choke job.
That goes without saying. Same for the '85 Bears, and the '72 Dolphins while we're at it. Basically, it seems like all the pole polishers have already forgotten that the Patriots did NOT finish undefeated, and are already back to squawking "OMG, perfect regular season!" as if that's the pinnacle of achievement.

No. They may have had the fourth-best season of all-time, but certainly no better. It could even be argued that, despite the regular season, it ranks 44th on the list of "best seasons of all time" -- behind each of the teams that actually WON a championship.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #57
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
That goes without saying. Same for the '85 Bears, and the '72 Dolphins while we're at it. Basically, it seems like all the pole polishers have already forgotten that the Patriots did NOT finish undefeated, and are already back to squawking "OMG, perfect regular season!" as if that's the pinnacle of achievement.

No. They may have had the fourth-best season of all-time, but certainly no better. It could even be argued that, despite the regular season, it ranks 44th on the list of "best seasons of all time" -- behind each of the teams that actually WON a championship.
I don't remember how many games the Giants lost in 2007, but their "overall season" was much better than the Pats that year. The only people that care about how many regular season games you won are fantasy players. And their credibility is worth something only in fantasyland.

Another question can also be answered here. What is a better record in Super bowls? 5-0 49ers or 6-1 Steelers? It's all about winning the Super Bowl as long as you have won more than you have lost.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #58
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Did anybody other than fansince'76 actually read the article? Or did everyone else just read the title of this thread and jump to conclusions? If you still need an explanation, read comment #49.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:25 AM   #59
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughC View Post
Did anybody other than fansince'76 actually read the article? Or did everyone else just read the title of this thread and jump to conclusions? If you still need an explanation, read comment #49.
Yeah, I read it... did you? In #49 you say he is saying that they are in the mix for team of the "decade". He clearly says that the patr*ts could/should be, with however many more wins and what have you, the team for "ALL decades"... not just this decade.

To that, I say...... Bullsh*t!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #60
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Yeah, I read it... did you? In #49 you say he is saying that they are in the mix for team of the "decade". He clearly says that the patr*ts could/should be, with however many more wins and what have you, the team for "ALL decades"... not just this decade.

To that, I say...... Bullsh*t!
Because, clearly, the Oakland Raiders forever hold that title.