Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #51
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Noone can sit here and say that money/fame does not have a bias in our form of law. Please.... we see it all the time...

Is 30 days worth killing a man, while out (perhaps ever so slightly drunk at 7am) IMO ...hellllllll.....nooooo.....

In this case, if I was the judge, his money would have played a factor...but the opposite factor... Man, call a cab....pay one of your flunkies to drive you..... Millions of dollars and you are roaming the streets (however so drunk you may or may not be) after one drink I'm tossing my keys to my DD... IDIOT!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #52
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

How can he get his license back? I thought it was a lifelong ban?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #53
Cheppy
Banned

Member Number: 11928

Yup, money talks.. If that was me I'd end up doing hard time. (as i should) I think Leonard Little recieved a similar punishment for the same offense & the piece of garbage ended up getting a second DWI.

On a more positive note, I've gotten two drunk drivers arrested in the past week.

Cheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #54
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Looks like MADD got to Goodell. Indefinite suspension.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #55
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

And he's suspended for a year (or two).

I know it says indefinetely...but reality says Gooddeal will let him back in.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #56
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

He should, drunk driving accidents have been steadily declining since the 60s while the amount of cars on the road have increased exponentially but because of corrupt organizations like MADD and the fear monger they promote you'd think it's a pandemic.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #57
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth, has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

The suspension is effective immediately, the league announced in a news release Thursday afternoon.

"The conduct reflected in your guilty plea resulted in the tragic loss of life and was inexcusable," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "While the criminal justice system has determined the legal consequences of this incident, it is my responsibility as NFL Commissioner to determine appropriate league discipline for your actions, which have caused irreparable harm to the victim and his family, your club, your fellow players and the NFL."
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #58
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Who said it wasn't a big deal. I said in my experience as an attorney this is not a case that is so out of the ordinary like you want to believe it is. You can organize a movement to change the law if you wish. Until then the law is the law.
Yup, that attitude is exactly what's the problem.

For most people, the law is so disconnected and unreachable from their everyday lives that they have about zero hope of changing it, or really of doing anything other than staying out of its way and hoping that when the law decides to randomly reach out and touches them, it only deals them inconvenience instead of injustice or financial ruin.

On the flip side, when you're involved with the law every day, there's a whole separate disconnect with it being one in a series of routine events for you, versus perhaps one of the most important moments of a lifetime for someone else. Not a very good situation, and it certainly doesn't make me believe that experience with the nuts and bolts of how the legal system works renders one any more qualified to say what justice is.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #59
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Yup, that attitude is exactly what's the problem.

For most people, the law is so disconnected and unreachable from their everyday lives that they have about zero hope of changing it, or really of doing anything other than staying out of its way and hoping that when the law decides to randomly reach out and touches them, it only deals them inconvenience instead of injustice or financial ruin.

On the flip side, when you're involved with the law every day, there's a whole separate disconnect with it being one in a series of routine events for you, versus perhaps one of the most important moments of a lifetime for someone else. Not a very good situation, and it certainly doesn't make me believe that experience with the nuts and bolts of how the legal system works renders one any more qualified to say what justice is.
How is that a problem? Let me get this right, you want someone to go outside of the law to administer whatever justice you think is fit? If you don't like the law, change it. What other choice is there? Anarchy? Vigilante justice? Funny how the family isn't complaining of injustice but people not "connected" at all are. Irony much?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #60
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

quote:
A vehicle is always a weapon, drunk or sober. What about the guy who glances at his radio/gps, the person texting, or the lady putting on makeup? Do you have the same zero tolerance for them? They all make a conscious and volitional decision as well. You do also realize that the guy ran out into the street. I guarantee it's a different story if he's crossing in a crosswalk when he has the right of way.

Thats true a vehicle is always a weapon. The fact the someone drinks and gets behind the wheel compounds the danger of the weapon drastically. The difference is the idiot putting makeup on is not breaking the law, although they should also be held accountable IMO. Everyone has there prejudice's , mine is against drunk drivers. I drink more than most I will admit, but I routinely pay for cabs or call for a ride if I am out, and I am not a multi millionaire who could easily afford a cab or limo. I find it hard to believe if this guy killed a family member of one of you who thinks this sentence fits the crime, you wouldn't be outraged at the weak sentence.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote