Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > Fantasy Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Hannity_on_Holmes
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8210
Default Please examine my team!

This fantasy draft had 12 people, i had pick 9 and thought i made pretty good use of it.

Qb: Rivers and Collins
RB: C.Portis J.stewart and T.J. Ducket
WR. Justin Gage, Lance Moore, T. Owens, and B.Marshall
TE: Tony Gonzales
Bears D
K: Stephen Gostowski

what do u think my weakest position is?
Hannity_on_Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
randy06
Team Captain

Member Number: 8046
Default Re: Please examine my team!

Wow, in my opinion not a very solid team.....Rivers is your best bet. Portis is injury prone Stewart eh and TJ ducket? Are you serious there was no one better? Gage was a let down last year lance moore had a few good weeks and Owens had a down year, as for Brandon Marshall Im not sold on him due to his not wanting to be in Denver and Orton as his QB. Tony G. will do well in A-town though you need to beef up your Rb and receivers IMO.
randy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
Hannity_on_Holmes
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8210

god i hate bad news.
Hannity_on_Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Yeah, your depth at QB is good. I have Rivers in my Keeper league, and Collins is an adequate back up.

RB is probably your weakest position. Depending on if this is a PPR League, your receivers might be more important,, and if you have a flex position, but w/e. Portis has always been the main ball carrier in Washington, but he is getting up there, has been injury prone, and has Ladell Betts waiting for carries. Stewart is the future of the Panthers run game, and is a good #2, but after that, you fall off sharply with TJ Duckett. He may end up the Goal Line back in Seattle, but barring a Julius Jones injury, and a change in Seattle's philosophy, I wouldn't expect him to bring you very many points.

Your WR depth is good. Even if Marshall gets shipped out of Denver, he's still a dominant receiver and will put up yards, receptions, and TD's. T.O. has always had a honeymoon season after signing with a new team, so look forward to that. Lance Moore is a good #3, but with Colston, Shockey, Bush, and Thomas all looking to get touches, I worry that he might have 8 receptions one game, and 1 the next. Gage may be listed as the receiver in Tennesee, but his numbers won't reflect that, but for your #4, you could do worse.

Tony Gonzalez is of course an elite tight end. No worries there. Bears D is the same, they'll get you points. Same with Gostkowski. The only thing is I think you may have picked these positions earlier than you needed to, and your depth at the skill positions suffered. Barring injury, your unit should be solid, but I'd suggest scouring the waiver wire for some RB depth.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
jjbrasso
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12021

Two of your RBs aren't even starters. Not a big fan of your WRs either. Rivers had a good season last year, but I don't see him repeating it. L.T. has lost a step so you probably wont see too many defenses putting 8 in the box. Their best receiver is their TE and Sproles is overrated (Steelers proved that). However, no one will know until the season is over. Good luck to you.
jjbrasso is offline   Reply With Quote