Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-11-2005, 07:07 AM   #1
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284
Default Big BEN

one person i havent rly talked about on this forum is ben.with next year coming up, we reflect on lats year witht eh highs and lows, his first game wa sin a hurrcain in FL, and from then proved many ppl wrong that a rookie can do great things while around great ppl. for this off season the coaches are gonna be talkign about puttign the ball up in the air more bc runnign 45 times a game is alil to much and would cause injurys to our Rb core. I know ppl say we lost our deep threat in plax but i dotn see it that way EL can fill his spot very well hes not 6-5 but hes faster and has better hands. what ive heard Ben sya is hes goning to spen a load of time with dick this offseason to learn zone def and to look off backs, who better to laern zone form fromt he master hehe. Well anyway i cnat wait to see this kid again in action. and plusu fig the gaints got screwed giving there 1st roudner for this yera and much more for eli when been was htere hehe our luck!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:50 AM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Big BEN

First off, we need to get you and internet spell check !!! just pickin jersey...

Ben can only get better, He's got more NFL experience in his first year, than most rookie players see in general in alot longer than that. He's got the intelligence, physical tools, and the mind set to be an awesome QB for a long long time in the league. He made some rookie mistakes yes, taking the sack alittle more often than he should, missing the open WR downfield, staring down his target...but those are correctible and his upside is amazing. plus when you practice day in and day out aginast the best defense in the league, that always gives you an edge.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

ya i try to type fast so i hit alot of keys before i should lol, and i sya screw it to go over agina watse to much of my time lol.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

ya great point man he gets to prac againts the best Def in the league hehe the mistakes ya all rookies make them ,I was waiting for them in about every game but did rly great in the start but wore out in the end bc hes not us to the long season and hard games in the nfl.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

you could tell when he hit that perverbial rookie wall. He started throwing pics, making bad decisions, and errant throws..but still, when the game was on the line, when he HAD to make a play for us, he did. Even though it all unravelled in the champ. game w/ the turnovers, it was a learning experience he wont soon forget.

Go Ben !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:35 AM   #6
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

yes Go BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Old 03-11-2005, 02:35 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Her in Cleveland I always say to the brownies fans, Ben will only get better, I don`t know if his record will get better than last year, but skills, timing etc. LOOK OUT League
Old 03-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #8
HinesWard4Life8682
Starter

Member Number: 323

yeah.. when the steelers lost and i began to think about next year, i was sayin to my self its not like hes gonna get worse, he learns from the mistakes, has more experience and will improve
HinesWard4Life8682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

While its unrealistic to expect the Steelers, or anytime,to go 15-1 in back to back seasons, the areas that ben needs to improve on, Im sure he's working on as we speak to get better in. But hey, I dont care if we are 15-1 or not, I just want home field again.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #10
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Bens a smart kid to. He knows how close they were last year. And this year they will be a little more for him to do this year, he`ll have a full playbook. I believe he is the real deal. We are so lucky.