Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #1
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default Refs from last game

Does anyone remember a couple of bad calls we got from the Zebras? I'm not trying to make excuses, the Colts out played us and out coached us, but come to think of it I remember at least 3 bad calls. Remember the one where a steeler fell on a punt return and they called him for tripping? I'm looking out for these
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Refs from last game

Count yourself lucky if the Colts get called for Offensive holding (a real drive killer) or any sort of pass intereference (they went the whole regular season without any calls at all)

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I don't care if the refs make bad calls as long as the calls are in the normal ebb and flow of the game. I hate it when they determine they outcome of the game. That being said, I combed some posts from the first matchup looking for comments about penalties, and I found these:

Haggins was held horrible right out in the open and it wasn't called (Even prompted LITP to chime in with) "The Colts get away with unlimited free passes on their O-Line for holding - Manning always has an eternity to pass."

I think it was Porter who was held a couple more times.

Cedric Wilson was picked up and body slammed just as Ward did a couple weeks prior. The difference? Ward pick up a 15 yard flag and Indy didn't.

ARE made a tackle and was called for an illegal block in the back...while making a tackle.

None of which changed the outcome of the game, but it is something to be wary of. In a game where the Steelers need to play perfectly, having the officials working them over will make the task next to impossible.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestbank Tiger
Offensive pass interference doesn't get called much, especially on wide receivers.

As far as bad calls determining a game, I don't think it happens as much as fans think. First, if a game comes down to a bad call, the losing team also made mistakes during the game that let it come down to the bad call. Second, bad calls always happen--you just notice them more when you lose.
It was actually defensive pass interference I was referring to - the Colts havent been flagged even once all year.

I agree on the bad calls theory - you mind so much as long as they are shared equally.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
benberger
Water Boy

Member Number: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
It was actually defensive pass interference I was referring to - the Colts havent been flagged even once all year.

I agree on the bad calls theory - you mind so much as long as they are shared equally.

NM

geez...didnt know that.....and i thought the patriots had the refs in their pockets....i stand corrected
benberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by benberger
geez...didnt know that.....and i thought the patriots had the refs in their pockets....i stand corrected
Our contract with the refs ran out at the beginning of this year - someone forgot to renew and the Colts stepped in with a better offer!

NM
Old 01-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
workhorse
Water Boy

Member Number: 866

Quote:

NM
They may not have been called for "pass interference", but they have been called for one of the variations like illegal contact or defensive holding ect plenty of times. You don't see a whole lot of pass interference calls any more, unless its downfield. Most of the time it's one of interference's cousins that gets called.
workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Calls ! No Calls! We win either way 27-21
Old 01-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #9
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Count yourself lucky if the Colts get called for Offensive holding (a real drive killer) or any sort of pass intereference (they went the whole regular season without any calls at all)

NM
k not trying to blow your whistle, but pats get just as much if not more calls......or at least they used too
Old 01-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481

We won so i am not complaning

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote