Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #21
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,454
Member Number: 8456
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
The only way Ochosucko will get into the playoffs this year is if he buys a ticket.


Someone should tell ochostinko that a heartless group of thugs and convicts does not make the playoffs. All mouth, no action. They should atleast learn to play real football before talking playoffs
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #22
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
The only way Ochosucko will get into the playoffs this year is if he buys a ticket.
lol.. or maybe as a reporter.. didnt he say he was coming after golic's job when he retired?lol
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #23
Cheppy
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 333
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11928
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Actually, according to my earlier evaluation of their Schedule and that of the rest of the AFC, I can see the Bengals getting into the Playoffs as the 6th seed and losing their first playoff game on the road.

Probably to the Chargers.

Steelers
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Who?
Who?

I mean really, its not that out of the question. Ravens get the Pats and Colts this year, Titans play a 1st place schedule, Jaguars are pathetic still, Broncos have imploded, who's really left?
Quality, rational post Dino.

Besides the Chargers there's no team worth mentioning in the West. You obviously have our boys. Then you've got the Pats, Colts & who knows who else in the South. (i could see the titans being a force again or a team that regresses, they're a crapshoot to me.. the texans could surprise but i wouldn't hold my breath) The Dolphins? They won't sneak up on people with the wildcat this year & while Pennington deserves some respect the guy still can't stretch defenses at all. The Jets could be a surprise team but that hinges upon their rookie qb.

I've already said I'm down on the Ravens mainly because I think the losses of Leonhard, Scott & their longtime defensive coordinator are significant blows. And they made no upgrades to arguably the worst recieving corp in the league. Plus, who knows how Flacco's going to be in his second year?

I think if Palmer stays healthy they have a real shot at a playoff spot. Their defense was pretty good last year & should continue to make strides. (i could see maulauga & rivers being a forceful duo) And while their record was lousy they played hard last season & were actually involved in alot of close games. This scenario is not far-fecthed at all.
Cheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Actually, according to my earlier evaluation of their Schedule and that of the rest of the AFC, I can see the Bengals getting into the Playoffs as the 6th seed and losing their first playoff game on the road.

Probably to the Chargers.

Steelers
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Who?
Who?

I mean really, its not that out of the question. Ravens get the Pats and Colts this year, Titans play a 1st place schedule, Jaguars are pathetic still, Broncos have imploded, who's really left?

I agree with your first four and think that Miami will actually sniff out the playoffs again. Also don't count out Houston, they are my dark horse this year, they were third in the league last year for total yards per game....and their defense is going to be much improved with Cushing/Cato at LB and Free agent Antonio Smith opposite Mario Williams.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #25
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I agree with your first four and think that Miami will actually sniff out the playoffs again. Also don't count out Houston, they are my dark horse this year, they were third in the league last year for total yards per game....and their defense is going to be much improved with Cushing/Cato at LB and Free agent Antonio Smith opposite Mario Williams.

In that hunt will also probably be the Ravens, Jax, and the Bills, with Miami.

My guess is that the last team to sneak in will raise some eyebrows.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
In that hunt will also probably be the Ravens, Jax, and the Bills, with Miami.

My guess is that the last team to sneak in will raise some eyebrows.
I think Jacksonville might be better than we think....alot of addition by subtraction...and I think that Rashard Jennings may end up being a good backup to Maurice Jones-Drew.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,274
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 25
Thanked 98 Times in 54 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
In that hunt will also probably be the Ravens, Jax, and the Bills, with Miami.

My guess is that the last team to sneak in will raise some eyebrows.
Cincy would raise some eyebrows....but My dark horse this year is really going to be the Raiders...(disclaimer, my dark horse last year was the Rams...so really...it is what it is...just fun in the off season)
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Cincy would raise some eyebrows....but My dark horse this year is really going to be the Raiders...(disclaimer, my dark horse last year was the Rams...so really...it is what it is...just fun in the off season)


My darkhorse for a few years in the NFC was the Seahawks, then they actually did it.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #29
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,569
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 239
Thanked 1,199 Times in 439 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

When the season rolls around and reality actually comes calling and they get off to a 1-7 start (or thereabouts), he'll start crying again, demanding a trade, dissing Palmer, the coaching staff, the FO, and everyone else associated in any way with the team in the media, etc., etc. In other words, business as usual in Cincy.

[YOUTUBE]wqJR7p1b2Io[/YOUTUBE]

"We ain't supposed to lose no mo'."

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #30
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
When the season rolls around and reality actually comes calling and they get off to a 1-7 start (or thereabouts), he'll start crying again, demanding a trade, dissing Palmer, the coaching staff, the FO, and everyone else associated in any way with the team in the media, etc., etc. In other words, business as usual in Cincy.

[YOUTUBE]wqJR7p1b2Io[/YOUTUBE]

"We ain't supposed to lose no mo'."

I never get tired of seeing that. LOL!
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts