Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
• Intelligent and friendly discussions.
• It's free and it's quick. Always.
• Enter events in the forums calendar.
• Very user friendly software.
• Exclusive contests and giveaways.
Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
|Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact||Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.|
|06-20-2009, 10:36 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Member Number: 13727
Thanked 876 Times in 438 Posts
Remembering the 2008 Season....
I just tried posting this thread a few minutes ago, but apparently, I took too long and I was logged out and lost everything I wrote.....
Well, I just joined, although I have been a lurker around these parts for some time, looking for any table scraps as far as Steeler offseason news (not too much coverage out here in SoCal) anywhere I can find it on the web, in papers, on TV. July 31st can't come soon enough....
I have seen alot of quality posts here on SF and decided it was time to join, maybe even find a new "home" on the internet (been an active poster on CBS Sportsline for years, but there has been too much political/religious talk there lately for my tastes).
I realized that between all the hype over Marsha Brady returning to the game, and everyone riding the Patriots collective jocks, the experts have not given the Steelers' last season its due, or the scrutiny it deserved. This last year had it all-- fright s(after seeing the schedule we were dealt), frustration, disappointment, last-minute comebacks, great defensive play, heroics from Big Ben, and best of all, it ended with #6.
Looking back, I realized how lucky we are to be fans of such a storied franchise. And what a season it was! If any of the Steelers are lurking around on here-- THANK YOU , GUYS, for giving us fans a season to remember and tell our kids about years from now.
Anyhoo, I started a list of memorable moments, both good and bad from this last season. This list is by no means comprehensive, so I need y'all's help!
* I remember Troy Polamalu's "backwards tackle" on Brian Westbrook, amidst a disappointing defeat.
* I remember Sean McHugh decleating Bart Scott so hard, Bart's helmet went rolling across the ground like a bowling ball.
* I remember after the Eagles game, saying to myself: "Well, what we are looking at is an 8-8 season here....."
* I remember the Charger's new toy, Darrren Sproles, racking up all kinds of hype after having a huge game rushing against the Colts, and then coming out the next week and putting up 15 yards on 11 rushing attempts against the Steel defense.
* I remember Ryan Clark rebooting Wes Welker's hard drive in a vicious decleater that removed him from the game (Welker, not Clark).
* I remember Deshea's pick-six that put the nail in the coffin for the Cowboys' postseason hopes.
* I remember Hines Ward making a crazy looking spinning-around catch against the Chargers in the playoffs in the 2nd quarter. After making the catch on the underthrown pass, his signature grin appeared on his face in the slow-mo replay because he knew he made another funny (Troy and Hines are so fun to watch-- they have AWESOME BODY CONTROL and always make huge plays and pull off some wacky looking stunt in the process, like Ward's one-shoe, somersault TD against Atlanta a couple years back).
* I remember Troy flying like Superman over the Charger's offensive line to make an "upside-down" sack on Phillip Rivers.
* I remember Lawrence Timmons' 96 yard interception return to the 1 YL against the Chargers.
* I remember Silverback's 100 yard TD interception return and how the Cards' fans were bxxxing and moaning that he was down on the 1 YL (while conveniently neglecting to mention the fact that Larry Fitz made that tackle from out of bounds).
* I remember Big Snack telling the ref "Hold that!" when he sacked Matt Cassel, one play after being flagged for a phantom holding penalty.
* I remember thinking: "Oh no, here we go again..." when Vrabel picked Ben off for 6 points to start the Pats game.
* I remember T.O. running his mouth and arguing with Tony Romo and the Boys' O coordinator on the sidelines after we beat them.
* I remember Troy's fingertip interception against the Chargers the first time.
* I remember Silverback trying to be a long-snapper.
* I remember Keith Rivers hitting the ground as a messy pile of arms and legs after Hines delivered another one of his signature decleaters.
* I remember the dopey look on Sweed's face when he dropped that easy TD pass.
* I remember Bruce Arians' lame retort after the Eagles' game: "Yeah, that game was my fault, I'll take the blame. Just get my name right..." (No, I am not an AIRians hater).
* I remember being so proud of the Steelers when they were the only home team to win in the Divisional Round. In a season that was filled with weekly surprise upsets, home playoff teams getting knocked out, and huge season-ending injuries, the Steelers were easily the most consistent team.
* One of my favs-- I recall the PRICELESS, angry, red-faced look on Darth Hoodie's face when the Steelers nuked the Pats 33-10.
"On the S-2-7 train"
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|