Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter
 
Steel_12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Posts: 475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

lol the arrogance of some people on this forum is amazing!
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #32
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

It doesn't solve the Cavs problems at all. All they got was a guy to clog the lane.
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #33
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
It doesn't solve the Cavs problems at all. All they got was a guy to clog the lane.

The only problem they had was stopping Howard.

Problem solved.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #34
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The only problem they had was stopping Howard.

Problem solved.
u must be blind then.. if u think the only problem they had was stopping howard...

the cavs could not stop the pick and roll at all.... and that is what orlando runs for the most part...
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
u must be blind then.. if u think the only problem they had was stopping howard...

the cavs could not stop the pick and roll at all.... and that is what orlando runs for the most part...
The Cavs had to double down on Howard, and they still couldn't stop him. Shaq will dedicate his life to stopping Howard...it's his reason for existing right now. Stop Howard, and everything else falls in line.

I keep hearing this garbage about being weak against the pick and roll...it's not like these guys (or Mike Brown) are retarded and can't learn a defense. True, Z and Mo are weak links against PG's picking and rolling, and Shaq won't be a ton of help in that regard, but that's only one facet of why Orlando was able to beat the Cavs.

Neutralizing Howard is the key to the Cavs beating the Magic. And since Orlando is the only team in the NBA that has consistently beaten the Cavs, well, problem solved.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #36
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The Cavs had to double down on Howard, and they still couldn't stop him. Shaq will dedicate his life to stopping Howard...it's his reason for existing right now. Stop Howard, and everything else falls in line.

I keep hearing this garbage about being weak against the pick and roll...it's not like these guys (or Mike Brown) are retarded and can't learn a defense. True, Z and Mo are weak links against PG's picking and rolling, and Shaq won't be a ton of help in that regard, but that's only one facet of why Orlando was able to beat the Cavs.

Neutralizing Howard is the key to the Cavs beating the Magic. And since Orlando is the only team in the NBA that has consistently beaten the Cavs, well, problem solved.
well that life could be short b/c howard can put in 35/40 min a game... shaq can get half of that,, and if he pushes 30 he will be getting closer to having a heart atk...

and we are basing the shaq can stop howard... and if he can.. he will only be able to do it for the 20/25 min or so that he can put in..
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #37
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Shaq can play as many minutes as required against Howard. Where are you getting this stuff, anyway? He averaged 30 MPG last year, and his career was only 35.7, so it's not like he's only going to be playing half games. Even in his prime he averages 40, and James, who is widely regarded as playing as much as anyone only averages 40. I'd say it's reasonable to see Shaq on the floor 32 minutes a game next year.

As for Howard, whatever Shaq has left he'll bring it against Howard.

Next.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #38
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Didn't Shaq FLOP when he played Howard earlier this year? I certainly hope for the Cavs sake Shaq gets better at defending him.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #39
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Shaq can play as many minutes as required against Howard. Where are you getting this stuff, anyway? He averaged 30 MPG last year, and his career was only 35.7, so it's not like he's only going to be playing half games. Even in his prime he averages 40, and James, who is widely regarded as playing as much as anyone only averages 40. I'd say it's reasonable to see Shaq on the floor 32 minutes a game next year.

As for Howard, whatever Shaq has left he'll bring it against Howard.

Next.
i will say shaq had a good yr last yr,, but the past 3 yrs the man didn't top 39 games..
to go back 4 yrs he topped out at 58...

so are we gonna see the shaq from last yr.. or the shaq the prev 3 yrs who broke down b/c the man is 37/38 yrs old...
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #40
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Shaq to the Cavs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Didn't Shaq FLOP when he played Howard earlier this year? I certainly hope for the Cavs sake Shaq gets better at defending him.
i believe i saw that epic fail at a flop...

howard is faster and quicker than shaq.... shaq will have trouble if howard is moving
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts