Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,584 Times in 1,518 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default ASK THE STEELERS – ZIGGY HOOD – PART 3

From Joseph Frank in Pennsylvania: What is it like to join the number one defense in the NFL?
Ziggy Hood: Awesome.

From Tom Stephenson in Ohio: How welcoming and helpful have the veteran defensive linemen been so far?
Ziggy Hood: They have gone above and beyond teaching me the ropes and not giving me a hard time because I am a rookie. It’s been a pleasure to work with these guys.

From Lou James in Texas: You worked at Sonic during high school. What lessons did you learn there about the values of hard work?
Ziggy Hood: if you want more, you will put more time and effort and hours into what you want to achieve. In order for me to make more money, I had to put more hours in.

From Jamie Coles in Ohio: I read that you skated when you worked at Sonic. How did a guy your size skate?
Ziggy Hood: I can rollerblade I can do that perfect. I did all right. It was my junior and senior year. I was about 225-230 then. I think I lost more weight than gained it working there.

From Dan Potts in Pennsylvania: Have you heard yet how passionate Steelers fans are about the team and are you looking forward to playing for a team with that kind of atmosphere?
Ziggy Hood: I have seen it myself. If you run into a fan that recognizes you, you can see the fire in their eyes. You see the passion they have for the football team and what they stand for.

From Harry Lowery in Florida: What is it going to be like for the first time to see your jersey hanging in your locker at Heinz Field?
Ziggy Hood: It’s going to be a sense of achievement, something I have been waiting for my whole life. It’s so motivating and makes me work harder.

http://news.steelers.com/article/105662/
Old 06-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: ASK THE STEELERS – ZIGGY HOOD – PART 3

Well, regardless of what happens on the field, this kid seems to have it upstairs.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
Men of Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Ziggy Hood: I have seen it myself. If you run into a fan that recognizes you, you can see the fire in their eyes. You see the passion they have for the football team and what they stand for.

only in steeler nation!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Ziggy has it figured out. Hopefully his contract negotiation gets settled quickly. It shouldn't be that big of a deal because he was picked last in the first round. But you never know. As long as his AGENT isn't too greedy it should be fine. He seems to want to be a Steeler really bad.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,584 Times in 1,518 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

The more I hear about him the more I like that we drafted him. He sounds like he wants to be a steeler.