Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default A Bengals Fan Speaks Out to Steeler Nation

A Bengals Fan Speaks Out to Steeler Nation

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/catego...urgh-steelers/

A Letter To Steeler Nation:

Steeler Nation,

First off, congratulations on winning your sixth Super Bowl Championship. I trust it still rests comfortably atop your collective mind. Secondly, I must say, I admire your obsession with your team. A Steeler fan seems always willing to display his or her loyalty anywhere in the world, at times creating awkward, even socially-damaging effects, yet one carries on undeterred.

And, thirdly, it is impossible to call you a group made up largely of bandwagoneers because youíre rarely absent from the playoffs and itís hard to lose fan support when the team always wins. So there you have it.

Now, with all pleasantries aside, itís time to speak of your teamís identity. What the universe should agree upon is that the Steelers are made up of defense and a running gameóany dumbbell knows that. However, letís not pretend that a central characteristic to your teamís success is not deception. Within the past six years, the Steelers have been the experts at the olí trickeration, often times at the Bengalsí expenseĖmost notably in the dreaded playoff game of 2005; a play that sealed the fate of the Bengalsí season and still causes the venom to rise in the mouths of bitter Who-Deyers today.

And your defense is run by a man who predicates his whole philosophy on the slight-of-hand. One could produce an entire college thesis on the deceptive strategies of Dick LeBeauís defenses. Heís always one step ahead of the league because he continues to trick everyone.

My beef, Steeler Nation, is that you assume that what you see unfold every year is due to sheer strength and determination, when there is something more cunning there, more conniving. Iím not at all saying that youíre dirty, Iím saying youíre sneaky. You want a sheer muscle team who socks you in your mouth? Try Baltimore. Pittsburgh will outsmart the Ravens, yes, but that doesnít mean youíre tougher.

A feeble Bengalsí fan like myself has no defense to your many, many championships and your apparent sheer awesomeness. You need not even look in our direction when we simpletons from Southern Ohio & Northern Kentucky exercise our underdeveloped vocal chords about how maybe youíre the evil genius who wins in the end rather than the muscle-bounded hero everyone else was rooting for. Thatís why we donít like you, Steeler Nation; youíre Iago, youíre Gargamel, youíre Skeletor. Iíd rather not face it either; I donít blame you, but you suck. You must at least acknowledge, someday, and hopefully soon, that you suck.

Best of luck this season. Go jump off a cliff, just as soon as you can. I truly despise you. Hugs & Kisses.

Sincerely,

B. Clifton Burke

(Ah It gives me such a delicious feeling of schadenfreude to know how tortured the pathetic Bungholes are over our success.

To carry on in the vein of the article the Bungholes are nothing more than a "a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing." Scene V MacBeth by William Shakespeare. - mesa)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614
Default Re: A Bengals Fan Speaks Out to Steeler Nation

Bungles fans always make me smile..…........I can't wait to stomp the bungles into the ground this year
Old 07-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,806 Posts

Quote:
And, thirdly, it is impossible to call you a group made up largely of bandwagoneers because youíre rarely absent from the playoffs and itís hard to lose fan support when the team always wins.
the green eyed monster rears its ugly head....

Quote:
Now, with all pleasantries aside, itís time to speak of your teamís identity. What the universe should agree upon is that the Steelers are made up of defense and a running gameóany dumbbell knows
hmmmm 23rd rank rushing attack.... i guess any DUMBASS wouldn't know that..

Quote:
letís not pretend that a central characteristic to your teamís success is not deception.
that sneaky play action pass should be banned from the league !!!

Quote:
And your defense is run by a man who predicates his whole philosophy on the slight-of-hand. One could produce an entire college thesis on the deceptive strategies of Dick LeBeauís defenses. Heís always one step ahead of the league because he continues to trick everyone.
i think thats called good coaching... i wonder why it doesn't work in bungleland ?

maybe this clown should consider directing his babbling to mr brown instead of steeler fans...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Best of luck this season. Go jump off a cliff, just as soon as you can. I truly despise you. Hugs & Kisses.
One truly tortured soul.

Do the children of Steeler nation get a free pass or do they have to jump off a cliff as well??
Old 07-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Funny thing...

He is right... out team is VERY cunning, least on defense. But they have the brawn to back it up and put the smack down on you when the cunning plays are thrown out the window.

Seems he hasn't watched the Ravens-Steelers games lately. No trickery, no cunning, just brutal "slap you momma kick your daddy throw the dog over the fence" football.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

I'm patiently awaiting all the angry responses from people who only bother to read the last few lines...
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119

That poor pathetic Bungles fan should be the one to jump off of a cliff and end their missery!!!! Bungles sucked then,suck now,will allways SUCK!!!!!!!!
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,902 Times in 1,636 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

That is a funny article and it could only come from a Bengals fan.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Pittsburgh will outsmart the Ravens, yes, but that doesn’t mean you’re tougher.
Look James Harrison right in the eyes and say that with a straight face,

And live to tell about it.

Poor Bungle fans....welcome to my world!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

MMMM, not tough eh? Tell that to Kieth Rivers. As the Jethro Tull song says BUNGLE IN THE JUNGLE
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote