Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415
Default Steelers ranked 3rd best sport value in all of sports

Sporting News article on the best entertainment value of sports teams. Not bad. I would think they'd have a shot at being #1, considering how much they win and how few of bad seasons they have.

And for those of us who thought beer prices at Pgh sports games are high? Pgh has the top ___TWO___ best beer prices of all sports venues. The Pirates are #1 and the Pens are #2 in the entire country based on cost per oz of beer. That's amazing.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Steelers ranked 3rd best sport value in all of sports

While I still think beer prices are too high, given what I've heard from others on the price of beer in other arenas/stadiums, I won't complain about what they charge here. In many places, it's $9-$10 for a beer, and in the New Yankee Stadium, it's a whopping $12 for a beer. $12!!! At Staples Center in LA, it's $10. Now that is ridiculous.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
While I still think beer prices are too high, given what I've heard from others on the price of beer in other arenas/stadiums, I won't complain about what they charge here. In many places, it's $9-$10 for a beer, and in the New Yankee Stadium, it's a whopping $12 for a beer. $12!!! At Staples Center in LA, it's $10. Now that is ridiculous.
The Pens/Pirates are 4-something a beer, but you also get 21 oz instead of 12. You got to like 21 oz beers. I think a round of four 12 oz at a Steelers game usually sets me back a 20 spot. That's why drinking BEFORE the game is so critical.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
The Pens/Pirates are 4-something a beer, but you also get 21 oz instead of 12. You got to like 21 oz beers. I think a round of four 12 oz at a Steelers game usually sets me back a 20 spot. That's why drinking BEFORE the game is so critical.
Huh? A beer is $7.50 at a Pens/Pirates game, and $8.25 at a Pens game if you want a draft on tap. It hasn't been around $4 in nearly 15 years at either place.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
A cheaper alternative: get loaded in the parking lot before you go in.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Huh? A beer is $7.50 at a Pens/Pirates game, and $8.25 at a Pens game if you want a draft on tap. It hasn't been around $4 in nearly 15 years at either place.
And that's if you want a shitty Rolling Rock. The foreign beers are a little more pricey. We'd know - we spend a good part of just about every game passing 'em down. If we have to put up with that bullshit this season, I'm taking a sip out of every one of 'em on their way down.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
And that's if you want a shitty Rolling Rock. The foreign beers are a little more pricey. We'd know - we spend a good part of just about every game passing 'em down. If we have to put up with that bullshit this season, I'm taking a sip out of every one of 'em on their way down.
Thats only fair! Everyone that passes it down should be able to take a drink. Of course in that case I hope your the 1st one in line.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
Men of Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

amaaazing how the topic of this forum was steelers 3rd best sport value in all of sports.... yet everyone somehow managed to end up talking about beer prices....

haha... gotta love beeeer...
Old 07-06-2009, 03:02 AM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

I definitely remember that before the '04 AFCCG against the Patriots, our plan was to get wasted in the parking lot, but by the time we got to my cousin's tailgate party, the f***ing keg froze, and all the bottled beer froze too, because it was like 6 degrees outside. We got a couple of beers from other people in the parking lot who had RVs and stuff, but mostly we had to drink Jagermeister and Rumplemintz straight out of the bottle because it was the only alcohol that hadn't frozen. That was awful. By the time we got in the gate, we were falling-down drunk, but then we couldn't drink for about an hour because we had to get rid of the bottles when we went in, and we sobered up enough to watch the first half. Then after the monumental turd the Steelers laid, I wanted to get drunk again at halftime, and the beer prices weren't that bad, I think. Although there was a 15-minute line to use the john and I almost froze my dick off by using an unofficial piss spot off the ramp instead. Then the second half was better but there was the touchdown Plax dropped and the shitty playcalling, and then afterwards we got even more drunk, and in the bar we went to we were about an inch away from beating the hell out of this obnoxious Patriots fan, ad I got in his face and told him they sucked and only won because they were dirty and probably cheated, which there was really no reason to say at the time, but now that they found out they actually did cheat, I feel a lot better about that and I hope the guy got a DUI or something.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:07 AM   #10
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
I definitely remember that before the '04 AFCCG against the Patriots, our plan was to get wasted in the parking lot, but by the time we got to my cousin's tailgate party, the f***ing keg froze, and all the bottled beer froze too, because it was like 6 degrees outside. We got a couple of beers from other people in the parking lot who had RVs and stuff, but mostly we had to drink Jagermeister and Rumplemintz straight out of the bottle because it was the only alcohol that hadn't frozen. That was awful. By the time we got in the gate, we were falling-down drunk, but then we couldn't drink for about an hour because we had to get rid of the bottles when we went in, and we sobered up enough to watch the first half. Then after the monumental turd the Steelers laid, I wanted to get drunk again at halftime, and the beer prices weren't that bad, I think. Although there was a 15-minute line to use the john and I almost froze my dick off by using an unofficial piss spot off the ramp instead. Then the second half was better but there was the touchdown Plax dropped and the shitty playcalling, and then afterwards we got even more drunk, and in the bar we went to we were about an inch away from beating the hell out of this obnoxious Patriots fan, ad I got in his face and told him they sucked and only won because they were dirty and probably cheated, which there was really no reason to say at the time, but now that they found out they actually did cheat, I feel a lot better about that and I hope the guy got a DUI or something.
There is nothing in this post that isn't awesome.
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote