Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default I can't take it any longer

I'm tired of it. The way the media makes a circus out of Michael Jackson's death but yet they fraudalently report on Sarah Palin's decision to step down as governor or even fail to report the important meeting that Obama had with Russian Leader Medvedev. Is it not important enough? Does it not have the drama of the state of California going an additional $2M in debt to give a pedophile a wake?

People are enamored with his death and his music and yet they either have forgotten or have choosen to ignore the fact that he was a pedophile. They have forgotten how he held his child over the railing of his hotel. WHY?

All along they continue to bypass the list of American soldiers who sacrifice family, limb, and life to give them freedoms not possible in other countries. They continue to ignore the serious news stories and instead want to gloss over the reality of our world and our country just to get an invitation to the biggest freak show of the year (at least to date). They want a glimpse of the casket? Or maybe to say they were there? How about this question - Where were you when 6 soldiers were killed in Afghanistan during a military exercise?

Why not news about the changes going on in the two wars we've got going on? Can the media outlets change? Is it possible that a new force in reporting will raise it's head and report facts without opinion? Offer commentary that offers both sides of the pendulum, allowing the American populace to make their own decisions? And one that can see the death of so-called idols for what they truly are - while sad, it is death and nothing more than a 2 minute story!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: I can't take it any longer

Read the paper. My local newspaper has only run a couple small columns on MJ, and has given proper attention to the soldiers in Afghanistan, the Russian/US arms agreement, etc, etc...

The boob tube has literally become the idiot box, and the "news" is pretty much anything but. Take out the fluff and the fear mongering stories, and there's nothing left but 3 minutes of weather and 4 minutes of sports.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,304 Times in 474 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one who's sick of hearing about it. I was never a fan, I'm still not a fan, and at the risk of sounding insensitive, I couldn't give a rat's ass less about any of it. Unfortunately, they're going to milk the "battles" over his estate and custody of his kids for MONTHS to come.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The Congressman from NY was largely right...although he should have said "allegedly" when he stated that the country is paying WAY too much attention to a pervert.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Since he died its been nothing but 24 hr coverage of him. I couldnt stand him alive and cant tolerate him dead.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Revs is right - if you want the news, read the newspaper or read the stories online. Watching "news" on TV will just make you more and more frustrated - it's why I quit watching years ago. TV "news" is about entertainment and ratings, and very little about actual, real-life news.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I do read the papers. Or I look for online news stories from either less slanted or hard to find neutral - presenting only the facts - news sites.

I just find it outrageous that they would spend hours on laying out the Staple Center and where things are going to be held, blah blah blah, and what direction the motorcade will travel.

REALLY, THIS IS EFFIN' NEWS?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Get ready for the every tv channel to cover this thing. Thank god the Food network isnt.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Get ready for the every tv channel to cover this thing. Thank god the Food network isnt.
Just tried to turn on the weather channel because it looks like we have storms on the horizon, and MJ was even on there! Enough, he was a sick, twisted, drug addict freak and people act like he was the second coming. Our values/priorities as Americans are whacked out these days. Heck, heard that People magazine is the #1 selling mag in the US, beating out USNews, Time, Newsweek, etc. People are more worried about what their favorite celeb is doing rather than knowing what is going on in the world.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I was driving to work today, and as I was listening to my Steppenwolf album, song, "The Pusher" feeling all cool and like "da man" I found myself wondering...does anybody actually listen to Michael Jackson music? I mean really, does anyone really drive around with their windows down feeling cool while listening to "I'm Bad" or "Beat It"?

Really, all these fraudulant fans are just seeking attention and seeking to be part of something the media has made Gigantic.

The guy had talent, Ok. The guy also admitted he liked to invite little boys into his bedroom and share his bed with them. Kind of not right.

Anyway, I know when Kurt Cobain Died, I was pretty disappointed, and I do sometimes still drive around feeling cool listenting to his songs. Same with Jim Morrison, although he died before my time, I drive around listening to his stuff, and Bob Marley, and Jerry Garcia, I listen to their stuff all the time. Heck, I even throw Elvis on once in a while, but for the life of me, I don't think I've ever heard Michael jackson coming out of someone's car window at a Stop Light since at least 1990. Honestly.