Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #21
tucker6
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 106
Member Number: 12833
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Finally a list that golden boy isn't on.
Ain't that the truth! When they got down to the final two, I thought bradshaw was in trouble because Brady and Favre were not yet included. I knew Favre was going to make it, and the only suspense was Bradshaw or Brady. Pardon my shock when Peyton's name was next at #2. Honestly, Archie has more balls than Peyton and Eli combined, and I could see him make a list like this. In fact, he should have made the list. He was a work horse for those sh!tty Aints back in the day.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

OK, nothing new here...once again having to defend myself...

On Blanda: He played more games then all but 3 players (and the other 2 were STRICTLY kickers). He played more years than anyone. At age 40, he went on to play nine seasons with Oakland, retiring one month shy of his 49th birthday in August 1976. In his 26-year career, he threw for 26,920 yards, completing 1,911-of-4,007 attempts, with 236 touchdown passes. Blanda scored a franchise-high 863 points with the Raiders and became the first player to score more than 500 points for three teams. Most of all, he kept performing. Most importantly, he played from one era into another, when the players got bigger and stronger and faster, and played at a high level in THE most vulnerable positions (K and QB).

Also bear in mind that the average NFL career lasts 3.5 seasons. He played for 26.

ANY guy in his 40's that will set foot under center is a tough guy in my book. He belongs on the list...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #23
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$
 
steelreserve's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.meatspin.com
Posts: 4,599
Member Number: 1976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

I can't believe they left Steve Young off that list. Just watch this and tell me if you can picture Peyton Manning even ATTEMPTING any of this stuff without shitting his pants. I remember one game where Young got his helmet pulled off in the backfield and then ran the ball up the middle for 10 yards, and that was a preseason game. I think that's at about the 1:10 mark.

[YOUTUBE]v4jie8tt0BI[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #24
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Steve McNair (#3)[/B] Definitely tough, but got 3rd on sympathy IMHO
I dunno...he had broken ribs, a bruised sternum, etc. and it didn't keep him off the field.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #25
tucker6
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 106
Member Number: 12833
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
OK, nothing new here...once again having to defend myself...

On Blanda: He played more games then all but 3 players (and the other 2 were STRICTLY kickers). He played more years than anyone. At age 40, he went on to play nine seasons with Oakland, retiring one month shy of his 49th birthday in August 1976. In his 26-year career, he threw for 26,920 yards, completing 1,911-of-4,007 attempts, with 236 touchdown passes. Blanda scored a franchise-high 863 points with the Raiders and became the first player to score more than 500 points for three teams. Most of all, he kept performing. Most importantly, he played from one era into another, when the players got bigger and stronger and faster, and played at a high level in THE most vulnerable positions (K and QB).

Also bear in mind that the average NFL career lasts 3.5 seasons. He played for 26.

ANY guy in his 40's that will set foot under center is a tough guy in my book. He belongs on the list...
Listen, I respect your opinion, and Blanda may be a tough guy. However, I don't consider him a top ten QB on the tough scale. I believe he falls short, but I'm not saying I'm the last word on it. It's all good.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,095
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,464
Thanked 6,138 Times in 2,641 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Some idiot on Sirius between 4-5pm yesterday gave his Top Ten toughest QB's of all time. Here are the names on his list:
Ross, is that you?



the debate was between ross tucker and jim miller (whom ross frequently calls an "idiot"), who each did a list of the ten toughest, and then had callers call in to discuss. i think ross' list did include montana for the reason described. (ross did say miller was pretty tough in his own right- dude had some wicked surgeries).

ron jaworski was debated, but i didnt even hear ben or terry mentioned, which was pitiful.

the young vs. montana was an interesting debate in itself.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
tucker6
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 106
Member Number: 12833
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I dunno...he had broken ribs, a bruised sternum, etc. and it didn't keep him off the field.
True. I may have been overly harsh with my comment. Your note did give me a smile as I thought about Romo taking a month off for a pinkie problem when McNair had a busted chest and still played. And yet Romo will have every sports writer hanging off his jock strap come October (notice I didn't say December).
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #28
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter
 
STEELtownHAVOX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: La Plata, MD
Posts: 475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
well stated. Palmer had knee surgery, and three years later is still not where he was. Toughness indeed.
Palmer did come back the following year and i believe hasn't missed a game due to his knee injury. last year was something with his elbow; still hasn't completely healed either.
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #29
tucker6
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 106
Member Number: 12833
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Ross, is that you?



the debate was between ross tucker and jim miller (whom ross frequently calls an "idiot"), who each did a list of the ten toughest, and then had callers call in to discuss. i think ross' list did include montana for the reason described. (ross did say miller was pretty tough in his own right- dude had some wicked surgeries).

ron jaworski was debated, but i didnt even hear ben or terry mentioned, which was pitiful.

the young vs. montana was an interesting debate in itself.
I like Ross already. I didn't hear Ross' picks, but Miller's list is the one here. On Young vs Montana, I'd have to pick Young. He wasn't afraid to take it to a defensive player, and played fearlessly. He also had fire in his belly, and inspired his fellow teammates. Montana was mostly finesse, although you have to respect a guy who comes back from surgery in six weeks.

I remember Jaws, and while I like and liked him, he wasn't a top ten on any list.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #30
tucker6
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 106
Member Number: 12833
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELtownHAVOX View Post
Palmer did come back the following year and i believe hasn't missed a game due to his knee injury. last year was something with his elbow; still hasn't completely healed either.
Agree, but I wasn't referring to not missing games. I don't think he's returned to his former form. I don't sense fear from defenses when Carson's name comes up anymore. Maybe they will again.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts