Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Taliban Now Buying Children to Use as Human Bombs...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...uicide-bomber/

The Religion of Peace® strikes again!

Pakistan's top Taliban leader, Baitullah Mehsud, is buying children as young as 7 to serve as suicide bombers in the growing spate of attacks against Pakistani, Afghan and U.S. targets, U.S. Defense Department and Pakistani officials say.
A Pakistani official, who spoke on the condition that he not be named because of the sensitive nature of the topic, said the going price for child bombers was $7,000 to $14,000 - huge sums in Pakistan, where per-capita income is about $2,600 a year.
"[Mehsud] has turned suicide bombing into a production output, not unlike [the way] Toyota outputs cars," a U.S. Defense Department official told reporters recently. He spoke on the condition that he not be named because of ongoing intelligence efforts to catch Mehsud, a prime target for a U.S. and Pakistani anti-Taliban campaign.
An apparent U.S. effort to kill Mehsud last week failed. On Sunday, the Pakistani government offered a reward of about $615,300 for information leading to the capture of Mehsud, dead or alive. The U.S. State Department has offered a bounty of $5 million for Mehsud, who is thought to be hiding in the tribal areas near the Afghan border.
Suicide bombings have become frequent in Pakistan in the past year, including high-profile attacks on hotels frequented by Westerners, as well as on Pakistani police and military installations. There has also been a spate of such attacks directed at U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan.
The U.S. official said the price depends on how quickly the bomber is needed and how close the child is expected to get to the target.
"[Mehsud] produces these suicide bombers, which are sold or bartered, which can be used by [Afghan Taliban leader Mullah] Omar's Taliban or ... other groups," the U.S. official said.
In some cases, he said, the children are kidnapped and then sold to Mehsud.
Using child suicide bombers "is the grim reality of the Taliban Frankenstein that now threatens to overwhelm the Pakistani state," said Bruce Riedel, a Brookings Institution scholar who chaired a review of Pakistan-Afghanistan strategy for President Obama.
Efforts to reach a spokesman for Mehsud were not successful.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Taliban Now Buying Children to Use as Human Bombs...

And the Western World is nuts?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

You know, it's sort of related, but when I poke fun at Mormonism or Scientology, I should also say that those religions are, for the most part, largely harmless (although Scientology does have some kidnapping in their background, and they've been known to cause financial ruin to more than one family).

Christianity has a bloody past, but there is no doubt in my mind that Islam is far and away the most dangerous religion of all time, if for no other reason than that they may actually gain access to WMD at some point and will not hesitate to use them.

It's one thing to be silly, but another thing entirely to be literally a threat to millions.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

why would it be so bad to just drop a bomb on the middle east?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

And we are supposed to just sit around and be reasonable with these nutjobs! Yeah, right!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,887 Times in 2,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
And we are supposed to just sit around and be reasonable with these nutjobs! Yeah, right!

what the hell are you talking about? who the flying fig said that?

i know people here are so jaded that its almost taboo to talk about anything good obama does, and will only be scoffed at and mocked, but your president has been stepping up efforts in pokiston and afghanistan and pushing to give the military commanders the autonomy and support they desperately say they need.

i cant find the exact article (its been a month or 2) but i think its general patreus who is being re deployed to oversee and head up the efforts.

http://blog.taragana.com/n/obama-adm...ith-pak-48841/

Obama Administration seeks wartime authority for military commanders in dealing with Pakistan

Quote:
Ani May 2nd, 2009
WASHINGTON -The Obama administration is pushing for a new proposal which would give the US Central Command (CENTCOM) a wartime authority to deal with Pakistan.

The new proposal, if accepted by the US Congress, would give the military commanders the same total authority that they enjoy in Iraq and Afghanistan’s war zones.

It would also enable the CENTCOM to surpass the State Department and other US Departments while taking decisions about the providing any military assistance to Pakistan.

According to the Dawn, US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates recently revealed the blueprint of the new strategy during a congressional hearing, and asked the Senators to approve the proposed military aid to Pakistan with a sense of wartime urgency.

The programme would also enable CENTCOM chief General David Petraeus to control all the military funds for Pakistan that the US has earmarked for counterinsurgency training and for providing sophisticated equipments.

The United States is planning to provide 400 million dollars to Pakistan in the current fiscal year itself. The Obama Administration is seeking to provide Islamabad a total of three billion dollars over the next five years in aid. (ANI)
i think its paramount that we snuff out these nutjobs asap and so does our current CIC.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
why would it be so bad to just drop a bomb on the middle east?
Believe me, I'd love to do just that. Unfortunately, the peaceniks in the American Left and in Europe would never, ever, EVER let it happen. If it were up to me, I'd have pressed that motherfathin' button 2 seconds after WTC 1 went down, and then told the peaceniks to kindly piss off.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Believe me, I'd love to do just that. Unfortunately, the peaceniks in the American Left and in Europe would never, ever, EVER let it happen. If it were up to me, I'd have pressed that motherfathin' button 2 seconds after WTC 1 went down, and then told the peaceniks to kindly piss off.
X-T for Prez in '12!

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I've softened my view on that a lot. Many people live under extremely repressive regimes...they are powerless, and, most importantly, silent. I think we'd kill a ton of innocent people along the way...there's got to be a better solution.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

No blood for poppies!

It's a quagmire.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote