Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Long Time CB Woodson Says Hed Enter the HOF a Member of the Steelers

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/0...-the-steelers/
Long Time CB Woodson Says Hed Enter the HOF a Member of the Steelers

Posted by Matt Loede under Hall of Fame, Pittsburgh Steelers

Once a Steeler, always a Steeler.
That seems to be the thinking of one of the greatest cornerbacks of all-time, as Rod Woodson will be getting his ultimate reward this summer -a bust in Canton, OH in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Woodson spoke to KNBR in San Francisco, and says that if he had to choose a team to go into the Hall with, hed go in as a member of the black and gold.

If youre a Steeler - once a Steeler, always a Steeler. I mean the Steelers faithful travel extremely well, Woodson said in the interview. But as an individual, if they made me choose a team going in to the Hall of Fame, I would have chosen the Pittsburgh Steelers, but as a whole, I have to thank every single team that I played with.

I enjoyed the ten years that I had with the Steelers, it was remarkable, it was my start, but it wasnt my finish. I think the vast majority of the body of work was done in Pittsburgh but the four years I spent in Baltimore, I got the ring, I transitioned positions in Baltimore, met a lot of great individual players, have a lot of great friendships from there. Same thing with the 49ers and same thing with the Raiders, so you know, its kind of hard. Im a bi-racial person in life, Im a mixed race, and Im a mutt in football. I played on multiple teams and it was fun.

Woodson was always a great player on and off the field, and despite the fact he wrapped up his career with other teams, its a class act to see him appreciate the team that he spent the biggest part of his career with.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
MN_Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 13794
Default Re: Long Time CB Woodson Says Hed Enter the HOF a Member of the Steelers

I think he should go in as a Steeler. And I am in no way bias. :)

It is a real shame that is SB ring has an ugly purple bird on it, but it goes to show you, the ravens needed a Hall of Fame Steeler to win the big game!
MN_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512
Default Re: Long Time CB Woodson Says Hed Enter the HOF a Member of the Steelers

If I'm not mistaken, the choice is not up to the player. The NFL simply looks at how many years a player was with each team and decides based on that; in a case where a player spent equal time with two teams then he represents both.

It's a moot point; Rod Woodson will go in to the Hall of Fame as a Steeler.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Woodson is and always will be a homer the guy still bleeds black and gold.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Never in doubt. He is and always will be a steeler at heart. I bet he cant wait to join the list of steeler elite.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I don't blame him who wouldn't want to go in as a Steeler.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
If youre a Steeler - once a Steeler, always a Steeler.
AMEN!

Quote:
Im a bi-racial person in life, Im a mixed race, and I'm a mutt in football. I played on multiple teams and it was fun.

This was a guy who truly enjoyed the game and every aspect of it, no matter what team he was a member of.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

"once a Steeler, always a Steeler."

do you think Alan Faneca, Joey Porter, Jason Gildon would go in as Steelers? i mean, if J-Peezy has a hall of fame season(s), and Gildon gets his number called? i'd like to see it happen. Faneca should be in. i hope.

2011 - The Bus Gets A Bust! =)
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Faneca will go in as a Steeler and by the time he does all will be forgiven. Obviously he wanted to stay here and the FO didnt wanna talk contract at that time. When we did offer him something close to what the Jets did it was too late.I dont blame the FO for Fanecas departure but think it couldve been handled better on both sides. As for Joey if he gets in he will be bleeding black n gold. He is currently a Steeler stuck in Dolphin teal.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Faneca will go in as a Steeler and by the time he does all will be forgiven. Obviously he wanted to stay here and the FO didnt wanna talk contract at that time. When we did offer him something close to what the Jets did it was too late.I dont blame the FO for Fanecas departure but think it couldve been handled better on both sides. As for Joey if he gets in he will be bleeding black n gold. He is currently a Steeler stuck in Dolphin teal.
he'll always be a Steeler in my eyes. he was one of my favorite and played with so much heart. his mouth got him in trouble a lot (and shot) but that doesn't take away his passion for playing. he got stuck in the abyss of Miami and now he's playing like he wants out and he's still with Pittsburgh.

sadly, even if he'd stayed in Pittsburgh, he probably be killing it and our defense would be even more dominant. but i can't complain, our defense is still as dominant as ever.