Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Exclamation 50 Things I Hate About Yinz...

i was thinking of starting this thread the other day and i finally got around to it. i know how all of you guys LOVE the Pittsburgh Steelers. some, more than others, would die for your team and if you could pick any super power it would be to infact bleed black and gold. but i just have to ask this one question and i don't want to pick any fights and i don't want to be the d*ckhead of the group (if i haven't already been established as such). but i know for the fact that there are people out there who hate us...and they LOVE to hate us. Steelers fans and the Steelers organization itself. so, i ask you this...

...what do YOU really dislike or what displeases you about the PIttsburgh Steelers? i know everyone (fan or not) has their little buggaboos and nitpicks and things they really can't stand. i know i have a few. but, i want to know what really grinds your gears SteelersFever.com members. top 50...i'll kick it off.

50. not that this really has anything to do with the franchise or organization itself, but it's more directed towards the haters and opposing fans. i HATE it when the only comeback and stupid nickname people have for our team is the "Shitsburgh Squealers!" i think that is one of the LAMEST nicknames and comebacks of all time and it drives me up the wall. granted, every team has their own nickname opposing fans give them, but our nickname is the dumbest i've ever heard and i hate it. truly.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: 50 Things I Hate About Yinz...

49. The ridiculous argument asserted ONLY by some Pittsburghers that you must live in Pittsburgh to be a REAL Steeler fan, or the equally ridiculous argument that if you are a Steeler fan, you MUST only be fan of other Pittsburgh teams, or, again, you aren't a real fan.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

48. Steelers fans who also root for PSU. That drives me crazy.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

47. Ohio bandwagoners
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
49. The ridiculous argument asserted ONLY by some Pittsburghers that you must live in Pittsburgh to be a REAL Steeler fan, or the equally ridiculous argument that if you are a Steeler fan, you MUST only be fan of other Pittsburgh teams, or, again, you aren't a real fan.
haha! that's a good one. that pisses me off to the fullest. i love all Pittsburgh teams, but i respect a lot of other professional sports all over the nation. a lot of teams i don't really care for (a lot in PA) but i also respect the person...THE PERSON who roots for a team that i don't like. i'll bust their chops and make them feel like crap for being a fan of that team, but it's all in good fun and i give them the utmost props for loving their team through thick and thin. there's nothing wrong with having friends who love other teams.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
47. Ohio bandwagoners
the irony of it all, Ben Roethlisberger is FROM Ohio. it's like Westside Story, or the Montagues versus the Capulets. it's a battle of epic proportions...

...well, not really. but it's just ironic i guess.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

46. the nickname "Fast" Willie Parker. that's the most unoriginal name i've ever heard. it's like saying, "hi...i'm "Ball Thrower" Ben Roethlisberger." or "sup? i'm "Dude Tackler" James Harrison!" haha!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
the irony of it all, Ben Roethlisberger is FROM Ohio. it's like Westside Story, or the Montagues versus the Capulets. it's a battle of epic proportions...

...well, not really. but it's just ironic i guess.
bigger irony for the Penn State comment is Franco Harris and Jack Ham are from Penn State and we have had a Penn State alum on our roster in all 7 of our Super Bowl appearences.

I dont remember any good Pitt players playing for the Steelers
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I have a picture of when I was SIX wearing a Steelers jersey. When I was 12, my entire room was done in B&G, including black and gold drapes (they didn't even have such things back then, my mom had to make them).

Having the veracity of my fanhood questioned by some of the lessor and more dimwitted posters here is really starting to chap my ass...
Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I have a picture of when I was SIX wearing a Steelers jersey. When I was 12, my entire room was done in B&G, including black and gold drapes (they didn't even have such things back then, my mom had to make them).

Having the veracity of my fanhood questioned by some of the slower and lessor dimwitted posters here is really starting to chap my ass...
ahhh...the homemade Steelers memorabilia. when i was 7, i had a Hanes white tee with black and yellow Sharpie'd stripes on the sleeves and the numbers "1/2" written on them. the highlight was, it was a custom jersey. it had my last name on it. mom was an excellent craftswoman. haha!