Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Brady and the homeless guy

Buddy, can you spare a dime for Tom Brady?
The Boston Herald's Inside Track

I'm surprised his wife didn't sent in their bodyguards with "guns a blazing."

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/in...ak#articleFull

A 61-year-old ex-con, who was pinched for lifting two Belgian flower boxes worth $8,000 from Tom Brady [stats], is now on the street panhandling to repay the New England Patriots [team stats] QB.

Dennis Paiva of Malden, who claims the whole thing is a big misunderstanding, spends his days begging on the street after a Boston Municipal Court judge ordered him to pay $4,000 restitution to Brady’s realty trust.

The QB, by the way, will earn some $30 million this year in salary and endorsements.

“I’m out here holding up signs,” complained Paiva, who did a 10-year prison stint for bank robbery but says he never meant to steal from No. 12.

Here’s the story: Paiva got out of jail five years ago and after serving his time, tried to go on the straight and narrow. He took odd jobs and had a side gig as a trash picker.

“I would go out the night before the trash got picked up and see what people put out. If there was anything good, I would take it and sell it,” he explained.

Of course, as Paiva explains it, he always found better stuff in the ritzier neighborhoods, so one night last fall he found himself in an alley in the Back Bay checking the discards.

“I saw these two stainless steel metal containers behind a garage next to the trash,” Paiva said. “Scrap metal was really high at the time so I grabbed them and put them in my truck.”

Paiva took the planters to a scrapyard in Everett, collected $450 and was feeling pretty good about life. Right up until he got a call from a Boston police detective.

“The guy mentions I took some flower pots,” Paiva recalled. “I said,‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ He said, ‘We got you on the security camera.’ And I said, ‘Yeah, I took them, but they were out with the trash.’ He said, ‘You gotta get them back. You don’t even want to know who they belong to!’ ”

Well, when Paiva heard who owned his “scrap metal,” he rushed back to the yard but, of course, the planters were history. He went back to police and told them the sad tale and was promptly cited for larceny.

“I said, ‘You’re kidding me, they were in the trash!’ ” Paiva said. “The police talked to the people in the building and they said that deliverymen had left the planters in the back because there was no one home. Everyone agreed it was a mistake.”

Nonetheless, the case worked its way through the system, and, according to Paiva, they offered him a plea deal. According to the Suffolk District Attorney’s Office, Dennis admitted he was guilty of larceny, he agreed to pay $4,000 restitution, and the case was continued without a finding for a year. If Paiva got into no more trouble, the charges would be dismissed.

Dennis said he took the deal because he didn’t want to take his chances at trial, what with the bank-robbery record and all. . . .

The story could have ended there, except that, a few weeks later, Paiva suffered an aneurysm and wound up in Massachusetts General Hospital having brain surgery.

“I think it was the stress,” he said.

A few weeks after recovering from that, Paiva was again in the hospital, this time for back surgery. The bottom line: He can’t work.

“I have no balance, my vision is blurred,” he said. “I can’t work and I’m supposed to pay $333.33 a month to Brady.”

So now Dennis begs from passing cars on Beacon Hill trying to collect enough spare change to satisfy his probation requirements.

“I had a cop who was willing to testify for me if I went to trial,” Paiva said. “He believed I never meant to steal anything.”

Dennis said he has no idea if Brady knows about his plight, but thinks the QB might cut him a break if he did.

New England Patriots [team stats] spokesman Stacey James said yesterday that No. 12 is on vacation and unreachable.

“I’d be surprised if Tom was even aware of this,” he said.

Brady, wife Gisele Bundchen, and son Jack were spotted at Disneyland in Anaheim the other day. Meanwhile, Dennis was out yesterday asking passersby for spare change.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
onefortheotherhand
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13520
Default Re: Brady and the homeless guy

the good thing is that sum local business owner payed it for him
Old 07-12-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
jev7452
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11286

is this actually legit?? wow...
Old 07-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Well, this guy should feel lucky. At least he didn't get shot at by the bodyguards this time.

Seriously, people still think this guy is better than Bradshaw or Montana? I think if you're like that, you should lose at least one Super Bowl ring just for being such a tool.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,659 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

What a streak of bad luck for the guy.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
silver & black
Team Owner

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Well, this guy should feel lucky. At least he didn't get shot at by the bodyguards this time.

Seriously, people still think this guy is better than Bradshaw or Montana? I think if you're like that, you should lose at least one Super Bowl ring just for being such a tool.
I hate the patr*ots more than you can imagine, and Brady isn't on my list of favorites either, but, if he doesn't know about the incident, I have to cut him a little slack. I would bet that he will let the whole thing drop when he finds out about it.... at least I would hope so.
Quote:
New England Patriots [team stats] spokesman Stacey James said yesterday that No. 12 is on vacation and unreachable.

“I’d be surprised if Tom was even aware of this,” he said.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Why is every little thing related to this douchebag considered newsworthy?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,431 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Why is every little thing related to this douchebag considered newsworthy?
Tom Brady takes a shit! Film at eleven.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I hate the patr*ots more than you can imagine, and Brady isn't on my list of favorites either, but, if he doesn't know about the incident, I have to cut him a little slack. I would bet that he will let the whole thing drop when he finds out about it.... at least I would hope so.
Well, fair enough. I think I missed that part the first time I read it on account of drinking a lot of malt liquor. But I still think Brady's a tool.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,482 Times in 2,390 Posts

An anonymous person paid the guys fine off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote