Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #51
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That's cute...but it completely ignores the core argument here: Ray Lewis is NOT an innocent victim (nor for that matter is Steve McNair). He's, at BEST an accessory to murder who plea bargained his way out of it, at WORST a murderer himself. And a murderer calling a serial adulterer Jesus is INDEFENSIBLE in any sane and rational discourse.
Considering that you're inherently biased simply because Ray does not play for Pittsburgh, I can respect your opinion as it is a moderately fair assessment all things considered.

That being said, I take issue with people calling Ray a murderer because, as far as we know, Ray was involved in a fight and later lied to police under pressure, however telling fibs and brawling does not compare to taking another man's life. Lewis may not have done everything in his power to prevent an incident, nor did he later reveal the truth in its entirety, but Ray did not kill anyone, and that is extremely important to note.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #52
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
but Ray did not kill anyone, and that is extremely important to note.
As much as you state that we don't know for sure that he did kill a person, you can not stand here this today claiming 100% knowledge that he did not kill anyone either.

Let's face it, the story is murky at best. There are only a few people who know the truth and since it's been through the judicial system I don't see anyone really coming forth with the truth. But this late in the game would it be believable.

And to be honest, it's not on my top list of questions to ask Jesus when I get to heaven!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #53
Youngstown Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Ray was saying that McNair followed Jesus' example, not that Steve resembled Christ.

Lewis is probably one of the most devout Christians in the league, so I'm pretty sure Ray would think about a speech like this beforehand.
Lots of Christians put 'bounties' out on other people. Puh-leeze!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #54
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
As much as you state that we don't know for sure that he did kill a person, you can not stand here this today claiming 100% knowledge that he did not kill anyone either.

Let's face it, the story is murky at best. There are only a few people who know the truth and since it's been through the judicial system I don't see anyone really coming forth with the truth. But this late in the game would it be believable.

And to be honest, it's not on my top list of questions to ask Jesus when I get to heaven!
That's patently false. I have been for ousting of troubled players for a long time. When Bam Morris got caught with a trunk full of weed, see ya Bam! And that was just weed (which was clearly for sale). I was all for Dookie getting dumped, because he was repeatedly beating his chick up. Harrison was a gray area, and when I saw that the Steelers didn't dump him I knew it was an isolated incident. Same with Santo Holmes.

I don't give an eff WHO it was, if a Steeler had been an accessory to murder (or worse), or got caught dealing coke, I'd advocate cutting them immediately. It's not the Steelers way to keep human garbage on the roster.

As for Lewis, I've said my piece...but when SEVERAL witnesses change their testimony, even shocking the prosecutor when they do it? C'mon man, open your eyes!