Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Top 15 Superhero Movies

Once relegated to the pages of comic books, superheroes have burst onto the big screen within the past decade with a power that's nothing less than, well, superhuman! Every summer features at least one (if not more) superhero epic, and each year ups the ante in terms of story, acting, and special effects. You'll find some familiar faces (and animated ones), with one hero placing no less than three films in the top fifteen.

from IMDB.com

15. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
14. Superman (1978)
13. X-Men (2000)
12. Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)
11. Spider-man (2002)
10. Robocop (1987)
9. The Crow (1994)
8. Batman (1989)
7. Spider-man 2 (2004)
6. X2 (2003)
5. Watchmen (2009)
4. Iron Man (2008)
3. The Incredibles (2004)
2. Batman Begins (2005)
1. The Dark Knight (2008)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i just stumbled upon this list and i know it has zero to do with football, but i still thought it was pretty cool. The Dark Knight was a great movie and deserves to be on the list...even the top. but i had my gripes about that film. Iron Man was good, too much CGI. Robocop? The Crow? i loved those films. but i don't really consider them "superheroes". instead of Robocop, i would probably throw Blade on that list. Edward Norton's Hulk is way better than Eric Bana's Hulk by far, but it's still a giant CGI green guy running around that probably still couldn't win in a fight against Lou Ferigno! haha! X2 is better than X1 by far, and Spider-man 2 is better than Spidey 1...so, X-men and Spider-man 1 should be nixed from the list and replaced with maybe The Matrix if you would consider Neo a superhero. and Wolverine. but you can't delete one X-men and replace him with another. haha!

what do you guys think of the list?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Top 15 Superhero Movies

I never saw "The Incredibles". Otherwise, I don't have to much of a problem with it.

I'd move "Unbreakable" into that lost if it qualifies...
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I never saw "The Incredibles". Otherwise, I don't have to much of a problem with it.

I'd move "Unbreakable" into that lost if it qualifies...
Unbreakable was amazing. probably my favorite Bruce Willis movie next to "12 Monkeys" and "Pulp Fiction." i never even thought about that one. and even though i hate to admit it, "Hanprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter" wasn't really that bad. but i think it'd fall in the list if it was a Top 25 list.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,081 Times in 3,070 Posts

what? no Howard the Duck? ok, i admit... i havent seen it either (he was a superhero though, right?)

i like most if not all superhero movies (even electra and daredevil) so this is pretty difficult. but heres some thoughts for my personal tastes-

superman at #14??? wow. both 1 and 2 were amazing when i was a kid (atleast i saw them as that).

batman in 89 was about 15 years ahead of its time and showed the genre could have life. unfortunately it was many years later before a comic adaption that good came back out.

after the height of comic books popularity in the early 90's it is odd that Spawn was the first to go to the big screen (as opposed to a marvel or DC character). i think it opened the eyes of the big studios and showed how all the modern special effects (speaking of which, anyone remember FX) could really bring a comic off the pages.

a fantastic four movie was in the works since the early 90's but kept getting scrapped because the studios couldnt pull it off. although alot of purists dont like either of them, i think theyre great. silver surfer brought to life was excellent.

no conan the barbarian?

i admit a bias and i would probably put all 3 punishers in my top 10.

i consider transformers a comic adaption/superhero movie.

i would most definitely call beatrix kiddo from kill bill a superhero. the 2 flicks have strong comic book elements, both visually and in the storyline (highlighted by bills soliloquy about clark kent) and the storyboard seems as if it was taken straight from the pages.

oh, and honorable mention to the underrated DARKMAN (unfortunately it came out during that dead period between superman and batman, where a movie like "Mannequin" was more likely to be en vogue.

speaking of that era, i also thought Ghostbusters rocked. they were superheros right? they saved the city from the paranormal/supernatural.

oh, and agreed on Unbreakable. Incredibles is pretty cool and funny for a kids movie/cartoon (shouldnt be #3 though).

i wouldnt have the batman's 1 and 2 and props to Hellboy making this list.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

The Incredibles above Spiderman?? No way... The guy that made the list needs to put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard.

Robocop...? Where's Xmen 3? That one was maybe the best of the three.

No Wolverine? I know it just came out a couple months ago, but it was so good I went to see it twice at the theater.

Bah...
Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

Ah I have no problem with this list, I LOVED both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight so no complaints here...although I am partially biased to Christian Bale.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #7
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

i had a huge debate about this at work last night and the one thing i wanted to say is, Blade should be on the list for sure. BLADE! best action/kung fu/vampire/horror flick out there. haha!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
Once relegated to the pages of comic books, superheroes have burst onto the big screen within the past decade with a power that's nothing less than, well, superhuman! Every summer features at least one (if not more) superhero epic, and each year ups the ante in terms of story, acting, and special effects. You'll find some familiar faces (and animated ones), with one hero placing no less than three films in the top fifteen.

from IMDB.com

15. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
14. Superman (1978)
13. X-Men (2000)
12. Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)
11. Spider-man (2002)
10. Robocop (1987)
9. The Crow (1994)
8. Batman (1989)
7. Spider-man 2 (2004)
6. X2 (2003)
5. Watchmen (2009)
4. Iron Man (2008)
3. The Incredibles (2004)
2. Batman Begins (2005)
1. The Dark Knight (2008)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i just stumbled upon this list and i know it has zero to do with football, but i still thought it was pretty cool. The Dark Knight was a great movie and deserves to be on the list...even the top. but i had my gripes about that film. Iron Man was good, too much CGI. Robocop? The Crow? i loved those films. but i don't really consider them "superheroes". instead of Robocop, i would probably throw Blade on that list. Edward Norton's Hulk is way better than Eric Bana's Hulk by far, but it's still a giant CGI green guy running around that probably still couldn't win in a fight against Lou Ferigno! haha! X2 is better than X1 by far, and Spider-man 2 is better than Spidey 1...so, X-men and Spider-man 1 should be nixed from the list and replaced with maybe The Matrix if you would consider Neo a superhero. and Wolverine. but you can't delete one X-men and replace him with another. haha!

what do you guys think of the list?
Spiderman 3 was better then 2. IronMan was 10x better then the Incredibles and The 2 Batman movies.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

the dark knight was insanely good...

and as it goes... not even the god almight transformers 2 could beat out the dark knight in the box office

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Spiderman 3 was better then 2. IronMan was 10x better then the Incredibles and The 2 Batman movies.
Spider-man 3 was awful and extremely overrated. Iron Man was really good too, but not one of my favorites. The Incredibles was funny and sweet and cute, but i don't think it should've made the list. if so, it should've been on the bottom or bumped out Robocop. if you want to throw Robocop on the list, add the Terminator, Short Circuit, or anything with Jean Claude Van Damme! haha!

i just think this list is a little obtuse and i keep harping on it, but BLADE...Blade! haha!