Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steeler linebacker Timmons lists his top five places to hang out in Pittsburgh

Steeler linebacker Timmons lists his top five places to hang out in Pittsburgh
July 15, 12:51 AM ∑ Matt Pawlikowski - Pittsburgh Sports Examiner
Matt Pawlikowski
Pittsburgh Sports Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pitts...-in-Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH - The Steelers have a long cherished tradition of producing great linebackers.

Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Kevin Greene, Joey Porter, James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley.

Lawrence Timmons could be the next in that line and will get his chance in 2009. The 15th pick of the 2007 draft, will take over as the starter in place of Larry Foote, who signed as a free agent with Detroit in the off-season.

Timmons showed signs of brilliance last year and one can hope he continues where he left off. In 2008 he played in every game, collecting 65 tackles, including 43 solos, 5 sacks and 1 interception In Dick LeBeau's scheme, if Timmons continues to progress, fans will soon forget Foote.

The former Florida State standout now has a website up and running and I couldn't resist posting his latest blog. (URL for Timmions blog http://www.timmons94.com/ - mesa)

In it, he thanks Steeler Nation for their support, but also lists his top five favorite places to hang out in Pittsburgh.

1) Paradise Bowling Alley in Neville Island. I average about 170-180.

2) Andora. A restaurant near where I live. The food is amazing. I like the Ahi tuna.

3) Capital Grill. I like the Delmonico steak.

4) Bettisí Grille 36, right by the stadium. I like the lobster ravioli. Jerome was there one time when I went in.

5) Red Lobster. Iíve been going there since I was a kid. Itís a place I canít get tired of.

When it came to talking about football, Timmons says that unlike last year where he was working out with James Harrison, he changed things up a bit this off-season instead opting for something different.

"This time last year I was working out with James Harrison. That guy is a monster," Timmons said. " He pretty much put me through every type of hell possible. We were going twice a day, cardio, running, lifting, eating, then starting the whole thing over. We would get late-night massages, then wake up at 7 and do the whole thing over again."

Timmons said he would have done it again this year, but didn't want things to be the same.

."Iím working out twice a day at FIU and API with Stephen Tulloch, Renaldo Hill, Mario Henderson and Max Jean-Gilles," Timmons said. " We start out early with some running, do individual exercises, lunge jumps, stuff like that, a lot of plyometrics. Loosen our hips. Then go home, take a nap, back to the gym for more exercise, eat, go to sleep, wake up early and start the whole process over again."
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 10617
Default Re: Steeler linebacker Timmons lists his top five places to hang out in Pittsburgh

Take out Red Lobster, and replace it with the South Side Works, and he's got a pretty decent list.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Steeler linebacker Timmons lists his top five places to hang out in Pittsburgh

I'm glad to see that there are no strip clubs on the list. So we can be fairly certain he won't be getting a six-game suspension for a DUI, or the standard altercation with street thugs outside a nightclub with shots fired. I cannot stress enough what a strong correlation exists there.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I hope he doesn't get too used to the Burgh...doesn't he know we are slated to cut him this year due to the giant salary increase he's going to cost us in 2012?

(I'm sorry, but I can't let that one go...COMEDY GOLD, Jerry!)
Old 07-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick

I haven't ate at Bettis Grill 36, but I bet you can't get in before or after a home game...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I haven't ate at Bettis Grill 36, but I bet you can't get in before or after a home game...
We ate there right after the home opener with Bills 2 seasons ago. Crowded but no big deal. We even got our pictures taken with the pilots that did the flyover.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 AM   #7
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,885 Times in 1,628 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
If you get a chance that is a great place to eat.