Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Preseason Jacksonville Home games BLACKED OUT.

Orlando would actually not be a bad spot for them.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Just another example of the typical poor fan support for Florida teams. The Marlins have won two World Series and don't have the requisite fan support. The Rays are in a similar position lat year. No offense to Florida sport's fans intended, but it seems the majority continue to support the team from the cities they came from at the expenses of the home town teams.
Well, except for the Dolphins, all the pro sports teams in Florida are recently added neo-teams that got put there because someone saw a market opportunity. They have no history, no real ties to the city, and the fans know they got plunked down by an outsider whose loyalty is to the highest bidder. Those teams' entire existence is basically artificial -- it's the sports equivalent of tract housing. So it doesn't surprise me at all that they don't attract a die-hard fan following. Why should they?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I was at the first ever Jax MNF game, must've been like 1999 or 2000. The fans were joke. All drunk as shit, lacked any knowledge of the game, scared the Hell out of me and I thought for sure they were going to rip me apart for wearing all my B&G gear. Just an embarrassment of an NFL franchise city...
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #14
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Florida fans are the biggest bandwagoners I've ever seen...
I wouldn´t call them bandwagon fans as they don´t even show up when their teams are winning.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

That's because they are also stupid...I think I'd call them the "Paris Hilton" of NFL fans...not only does the team have to be winning, they also ave to be "hot".
Old 07-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #16
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That's because they are also stupid...I think I'd call them the "Paris Hilton" of NFL fans...not only does the team have to be winning, they also ave to be "hot".
But not too hot, or else, as Florida fans love to whine about, the games are uncomfortable to attend.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #17
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
But not too hot, or else, as Florida fans love to whine about, the games are uncomfortable to attend.
Which, of course, is why the Marlins made sure they got a retractable roof stadium for them to play in. God forbid the rich folks break a sweat in the summertime Oh, and when the Marlins still can't draw fans to an air-conditioned stadium, will people finally wake up and realize that just because there are a bunch of Latinos and Cubans in the area doesn't mean they deserve a baseball team?

As for the other teams...when you get past Jacksonville, look at the Tampa Bay Rays, the Lightning and the Florida Panthers. The Rays went to the World Series last year and have a team full of good, young players, and they STILL couldn't draw fans. How many Lightning fans have you seen, before or after they won the Stanley Cup in '04? And do the Panthers actually have fans? All of those teams should be moved - their "fan bases" are a joke.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #18
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Few league expansion teams would kill to have the success the Jacksonville Jaguars have had.

2 AFC Title Games.
2 Division titles.
Some of the best to play the game (Brunell, Smith)
Good Head Coaching.
Cheerleaders.
A Mascot.

Then they get upset when Steeler fans take over their stadium. Hell, the only times Jacksonville has ever sold out is if the Steelers go down there. Jacksonville Fans are a joke. It's gotta be some awful fan support when your PRESEASON games are blacked out.

I wouldn't call Florida sports fans a joke. They're rabid for NCAA, and the Dolphins and Buccaneers are successful NFL teams.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,190 Times in 1,779 Posts

anyone think maybe having 3 teams in one state is a bit of an overkill? 3 in california has never worked...now 3 in florida doesn't work. why don't they look into states that don't already have a team ? like maybe norfolk virginia, , oklahoma city .or las vegas.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #20
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
anyone think maybe having 3 teams in one state is a bit of an overkill? 3 in california has never worked...now 3 in florida doesn't work. why don't they look into states that don't already have a team ? like maybe norfolk virginia, , oklahoma city .or las vegas.
I agree with that.

Buccaneers work. Dolphins work.

Virginia is basically Redskins country.

Oklahoma City could work. The NFL won't touch Vegas due to the whole gambling aspect.

My dad has always wondered why the NFL hasn't put a team in Alabama where the people are just football crazy.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote