Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 AM   #1
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default ASK THE STEELERS – KEENAN LEWIS – PART 2

From Steve Foley in West Virginia: What was your first impression of the attitude among the team?
Keenan Lewis: I knew I had to put on and perform. When draft picks come around they look for the true skills. The bar is set high here. I knew I had to go out and compete.

From Karen Caster in Tennessee: You hear the players talking about the team being a band of brothers. Do you get that feeling already?
Keenan Lewis: Definitely. On and off the field they hang out together. They help the rookies out a lot. I am fortunate to be in an organization where guys like Deshea (Townsend), Fernando (Bryant), Ike (Taylor) and Willie Gay. They help me out and give me advice. That is a blessing.

From Douglas Felter in Connecticut: What is it like to have your friend and high school teammate Mike Wallace here as a rookie too?
Keenan Lewis: It is a great opportunity. I never thought it would happen. He pushes me, I push him.

From Greg Hill in Ohio: Did you talk to Mike Wallace right after you were drafted?
Keenan Lewis: Oh yeah. We were right at work from the beginning. We knew the system they had and the standards. We were ready to go.

From Jason Martin in Virginia: Do you and Mike Wallace challenge each other, study together?
Keenan Lewis: We are definitely going to challenge each other. I know if he makes a big play on me they are going to hear about it at home. If I make a big play I am going to tell the whole city. We just are going to compete.

From Mark Glower in Ohio: What will be the biggest adjustment coming from college to the pros?
Keenan Lewis: The mental part of the game and how fast it is and the play calling. It’s about just understanding the game more to become a better player.

From Cindy Maple in Pennsylvania: Is the Steelers defensive scheme hard for rookies to learn in one year?
Keenan Lewis: It’s definitely hard to learn. You have to know so much. It is way different from college. It’s like being a freshman again.

From Dan Potts in Pennsylvania: Have you heard yet how passionate Steelers fans are about the team and are you looking forward to playing for a team with that kind of atmosphere?
Keenan Lewis: When I first got off the plane I saw nothing but Steelers stuff. Everywhere I go if they find out who I am they congratulate me and take me in like family. You can’t ask for more than that. It’s a blessing to be a part of this organization and I plan on working hard to stay here.

http://news.steelers.com/article/105673/
Old 07-17-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119
Default Re: ASK THE STEELERS – KEENAN LEWIS – PART 2

It's allways good to see our veterans helping out the young guys on the team so that they don't feel lost and can contribute sooner in their career rather than later.
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: ASK THE STEELERS – KEENAN LEWIS – PART 2

But wait ... what was it like when he saw the six Lombardi trophies for the first time? I just can't go on living if the interview ends and I don't know the answer to that.