Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
unlvrebelx
Water Boy

Member Number: 13306
Default FYI - Frank Summers best games in college

can be downloaded if you have a demonoid account (i'm sure you can find the torrents another way too). Check out his game vs. University of Utah from 2007-2008 season. That is one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen by a UNLV back (which isn't saying a whole lot, but I did see Ickey Woods play at UNLV....and we've had a few others over the years).

Also, if you have Directv sports pack, you have the MWC conference TV channel which is channel 616. They've had that game and a few more on this week (its UNLV week right now on the channel).

I think every Steeler fan that's optimistic, or even better pessimistic, should download that game with the University of Utah. A bunch of other games come to mind too, like the 2nd half vs. Arizona State this year (he had 100 yards in the 2nd half), vs. SDSU from the 2007-2008 season, the Iowa State game this year....even the loss to the University of Utah this year (the team that went undefeated), Frank had a phenomenal first half.

Frank's stats at UNLV would've been a lot better under former coach John Robinson because of Robinson's style of play...but our current coach runs the Urban Meyer spread (our coach, Sanford, was Urban Meyers off coordinator at Utah, and was instrumental in creating that spread offense from the days that he and Urban coached together at Notre Dame...they were assistants); but I think its a testament to what Frank can do....when his number was called, he produced.

When it wasn't he got involved in blocking, special teams, etc.... he was clearly our best player (well, he and future NFL receiver Ryan Wolfe), but he was also a team player. I never remember him sulking or demanding carries (not publicly anyway).....he put up over 200 yards of offense on Utah in 2007, on 29 carries and a few catches....a few games later, the coach decided to give him 9 carries....which shocked most fans, but you never saw Frank complain....he just went out there looking for wins.

but let me reiterate, please, please, please download that 2007-2008 Utah vs. UNLV torrent. That game showcases Frank's ability like no other, I would've put him in the UNLV sports HOF after that one game. It was that good.
unlvrebelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
mmalone
Team Captain

Member Number: 13521
Default Re: FYI - Frank Summers best games in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlvrebelx View Post

I think every Steeler fan that's optimistic, or even better pessimistic, should download that game with the University of Utah. A bunch of other games come to mind too, like the 2nd half vs. Arizona State this year (he had 100 yards in the 2nd half), vs. SDSU from the 2007-2008 season, the Iowa State game this year....even the loss to the University of Utah this year (the team that went undefeated), Frank had a phenomenal first half.

When it wasn't he got involved in blocking, special teams, etc.... he was clearly our best player (well, he and future NFL receiver Ryan Wolfe), but he was also a team player. I never remember him sulking or demanding carries .
27 days till kick off... Summers should get some good time in the first pre-season game.

242lbs of FB that we have not seen in a while here. cant wait...