Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #21
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Welcome Back To Earth, Patsies

"Good get"?
"Don't every coach"?

I can't even understand what you're trying to say...

Oh, wait...this is pretty good. You haven't even figured out how to use the "Quote" feature...what a nitwit...

Last edited by Suitanim; 01-18-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,194 Times in 3,490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Its a shame we dont have a regular season match up from this year to help us imagine what would have have happened.....even if it wasn't in Foxboro.....dont get too comfortable hiding behind mommy's skirt - the Pats will be back next year.

NM
ah yes the old "what happened in the regular season woulda happenend in the playoffs" card. fact still remains....pats didnt have the protection for brady, the running game, or the secondary to win in the playoffs unless they were playing a team with a below top 10-15 qb. that was evident from the way the whole season unfolded. there were major injuries there in the secondary and i realize next season they will probably try to recapture that magic they had with law and harrison. during that time, as your team is aging, all the others are catching up and coming into their prime.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #23
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Its a shame we dont have a regular season match up from this year to help us imagine what would have have happened.....even if it wasn't in Foxboro.....dont get too comfortable hiding behind mommy's skirt - the Pats will be back next year.

NM
Yes you beat us by a field goal in the regular season. But as you and I both know there is a difference between regular season and post season. It's just too bad you couldn't beat Denver. I'm sure it would have been a great game in Foxboro, but alas we'll never know.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #24
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Yes, we all know how accurate an indicator regular season games are when determining playoff games...why, just last year the Steelers dominated the Pats 34-20 in the regular season and then went on to...whoops! There goes that theory...

But who cares anyway? I don't give a rats ass about the eliminated teams, and am all about taking care of the last 2 obstacles in front of us...
Old 01-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #25
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
ah yes the old "what happened in the regular season woulda happenend in the playoffs" card. fact still remains....pats didnt have the protection for brady, the running game, or the secondary to win in the playoffs unless they were playing a team with a below top 10-15 qb. that was evident from the way the whole season unfolded. there were major injuries there in the secondary and i realize next season they will probably try to recapture that magic they had with law and harrison. during that time, as your team is aging, all the others are catching up and coming into their prime.
Hey Tony im the first to admit that regular season games dont always have a bearing on playoff games - especially when you are missing your No.1 RB.

However I still think its a better indicator than pulling spurious predictions out of your ass.

The Steelers would have 'killed' the Patriots in the playoffs this year would they Tony?

Im dying to hear what sort of mathematical model you used to come to this outrageous prediction.....let me guess.... it ignores every single Pats victory over the Steelers - of which the most dominating ones have been in the playoffs?

Cool.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
Yes you beat us by a field goal in the regular season. But as you and I both know there is a difference between regular season and post season. It's just too bad you couldn't beat Denver. I'm sure it would have been a great game in Foxboro, but alas we'll never know.
Sure I know there is a difference.

Both teams have gelled - but the Pats team, when fully fit or close to it, matches up very well against the Steelers.

Of course Ben could have come out firing passes and ripped our secondary to pieces....who knows?!

I think it would have been another great game - like you say...a shame - maybe we'll get to play you again next year in the AFCCG when you are the defending champs!

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #27
tony hipchest

no math just smack. you have to admitt their post season crumble wasnt exactly what was expected. t. brown fumbles? brady makes a big ben, rookie in the afc champ game, type mistake? vinatieri misses a kick? just when i was about to hop on board and really think they were the real deal and something magical (after 4 years of non believing) they had a big game showing like i have been predicting for their last 9 playoff games. a loss.

nothing to take away from their accomplishments. im still impressed with a team that goes 10-1 in the regular season, let alone the post season. but i strongly believe any team like denver, steelers, colts, wouldve beaten the pats. if the panthers or seahawks were in the afc, them too. nothing wrong with admitting this wasnt your teams year.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #28
tony hipchest

Quote:
it ignores every single Pats victory over the Steelers - of which the most dominating ones have been in the playoffs?

NM
who is living in the past? i might have to change my screen name to:

ignoresthe truth
Old 01-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #29
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:

ignoresthe truth
Well, he's certainly ignoring me. Then again, I'm not the classy winner he is...I haven't even crashed a Bengals and/or Colts board and subtly demeaned them for a few months on end because my team beat theirs in the playoffs yet...

But I digress...why are we even peripherally discussing the losers in this tournament?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:06 PM   #30
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:

ignoresthe truth
Well it had to happen - my nick (for the moment) describes me better than the Steeler faithful.

The Steelers are very much livinginthe moment

NM