Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #21
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
No no no...don't get me wrong...the thought of Belichick being shot by a deranged Patriot fan, and that fan being sent away and denied access to a public computer feels me with glee.
okay, the part about the public computer was funny.

subtle shots are always the best.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so by your reasoning, battered women should get the blame for being beat up by thier man.... i mean it was thier decision to be with them.....
That's NOT what she's saying here, MOP. Sue said . . .

Quote:
In the end, the blame lies on McNair himself. Nobody deserves to die for mistakes, but his own decisions and lack of judgement put him a bad situation. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.
McNair didn't deserve to die by any stretch of the imagination, but sadly, when you play with fire, you sometimes end up getting burned. It was McNair's decision to play footsie with this young kook and it ended up costing him not only his life, but cost one woman her husband and 4 young children their father.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #23
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
That's NOT what she's saying here, MOP. Sue said . . .

McNair didn't deserve to die by any stretch of the imagination, but sadly, when you play with fire, you sometimes end up getting burned. It was McNair's decision to play footsie with this young kook and it ended up costing him not only his life, but cost one woman her husband and 4 young children their father.
Ah, but she did say that the blame resided fully on Steve McNair. It reminds me of what the Bluegrass Rape and Crisis Center always lectured to us in our crisis counselor training. The blame is never on the victim...even if they did make the decision to put themselves at risk by drinking copious amounts, going to parties alone, and dressing scantily clad, they're still not the ones at fault. Of course, that's dealing with a whole 'nother animal, rape instead of murder.

Anyhow, McNair may have made some mistakes but that still doesn't make his death any more deserved or any less tragic. I can't attest to his true character and I assume neither can anyone else on this board, so why don't we just stick to what we know him as: a hell of a football player who will be sorely missed.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
okay, the part about the public computer was funny.

subtle shots are always the best.
LOL!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #25
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,161 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Ah, but she did say that the blame resided fully on Steve McNair. It reminds me of what the Bluegrass Rape and Crisis Center always lectured to us in our crisis counselor training. The blame is never on the victim...even if they did make the decision to put themselves at risk by drinking copious amounts, going to parties alone, and dressing scantily clad, they're still not the ones at fault. Of course, that's dealing with a whole 'nother animal, rape instead of murder.
Would he have wound up being murdered had he remained faithful to his wife? I vote no. While he didn't deserve to die, and the circumstances don't make his death any less tragic, he doesn't get a free pass in my book.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #26
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Would he have wound up being murdered had he remained faithful to his wife?
Ding ding ding ding!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

"Le Vergne....well, he's a lot like Jesus to me"

< Killuh Ray Lewis >
Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
We must have grown up in different neighborhoods.
We sure did... in my neighborhood, an ax, a knife and a car are used just as responsibly as a gun. It was only criminals that used them all irresponsibly and hurt others.

I have no problem with private sales of guns. Once again, the only people who would cease selling guns privately if it was outlawed would be the ones who would also have enough responsibility not to sell a gun to someone they didn't trust with it.

___

In this case, it is a shame a person died, and another committed suicide. As usual in suicides, if someone had just seen the signs and confronted her, talked to her, called the police and reported their worries, it would not have happened.

It is much easier to get over embarrassment and finding out that a person wasn't going to commit suicide, than it is to get over the guilt that you could and should have intervened when your suspicions told you there was a suicide attempt.

And yes, McNair is to blame for his life decisions, but that doesn't mean he is to blame for being shot. Those are two different things....
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
We sure did... in my neighborhood, an ax, a knife and a car are used just as responsibly as a gun. It was only criminals that used them all irresponsibly and hurt others.

I have no problem with private sales of guns. Once again, the only people who would cease selling guns privately if it was outlawed would be the ones who would also have enough responsibility not to sell a gun to someone they didn't trust with it.

___

In this case, it is a shame a person died, and another committed suicide. As usual in suicides, if someone had just seen the signs and confronted her, talked to her, called the police and reported their worries, it would not have happened.

It is much easier to get over embarrassment and finding out that a person wasn't going to commit suicide, than it is to get over the guilt that you could and should have intervened when your suspicions told you there was a suicide attempt.

And yes, McNair is to blame for his life decisions, but that doesn't mean he is to blame for being shot. Those are two different things....
Yes, but if you have people selling guns in parking lots, a criminal or somebody on parole could easily obtain a firearm and there would be no record of it. I have no problem with people selling guns, just so long as they go through the lawful steps.

If I were to legally purchase 100 sniper rifles and sell them to somebody in the middle east, would you be okay with that?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #30
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Just out of curiosity, does anyone's state have a legal limit for the amount of alcohol you can ingest? I know CA doesn't. However, this is typical of the misinformation the media feeds us.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...0:b26588322:z0

Bullshit headline, then they say "for driving" in the text fo the article. Last time I checked there was no legal limit when you drink in the comfort of your own home.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote