Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #21
The Patriot
Head Coach
 
The Patriot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,722
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7750
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
No no no...don't get me wrong...the thought of Belichick being shot by a deranged Patriot fan, and that fan being sent away and denied access to a public computer feels me with glee.
okay, the part about the public computer was funny.

subtle shots are always the best.
__________________
"That's the thing about Brett Favre; he's not afraid to throw an interception. That's one of the things I most admire about him." - Tom Jackson
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so by your reasoning, battered women should get the blame for being beat up by thier man.... i mean it was thier decision to be with them.....
That's NOT what she's saying here, MOP. Sue said . . .

Quote:
In the end, the blame lies on McNair himself. Nobody deserves to die for mistakes, but his own decisions and lack of judgement put him a bad situation. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.
McNair didn't deserve to die by any stretch of the imagination, but sadly, when you play with fire, you sometimes end up getting burned. It was McNair's decision to play footsie with this young kook and it ended up costing him not only his life, but cost one woman her husband and 4 young children their father.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #23
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
That's NOT what she's saying here, MOP. Sue said . . .



McNair didn't deserve to die by any stretch of the imagination, but sadly, when you play with fire, you sometimes end up getting burned. It was McNair's decision to play footsie with this young kook and it ended up costing him not only his life, but cost one woman her husband and 4 young children their father.
Ah, but she did say that the blame resided fully on Steve McNair. It reminds me of what the Bluegrass Rape and Crisis Center always lectured to us in our crisis counselor training. The blame is never on the victim...even if they did make the decision to put themselves at risk by drinking copious amounts, going to parties alone, and dressing scantily clad, they're still not the ones at fault. Of course, that's dealing with a whole 'nother animal, rape instead of murder.



Anyhow, McNair may have made some mistakes but that still doesn't make his death any more deserved or any less tragic. I can't attest to his true character and I assume neither can anyone else on this board, so why don't we just stick to what we know him as: a hell of a football player who will be sorely missed.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
okay, the part about the public computer was funny.

subtle shots are always the best.
LOL!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #25
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,554
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 231
Thanked 1,161 Times in 429 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Ah, but she did say that the blame resided fully on Steve McNair. It reminds me of what the Bluegrass Rape and Crisis Center always lectured to us in our crisis counselor training. The blame is never on the victim...even if they did make the decision to put themselves at risk by drinking copious amounts, going to parties alone, and dressing scantily clad, they're still not the ones at fault. Of course, that's dealing with a whole 'nother animal, rape instead of murder.
Would he have wound up being murdered had he remained faithful to his wife? I vote no. While he didn't deserve to die, and the circumstances don't make his death any less tragic, he doesn't get a free pass in my book.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #26
stillers4me
Living Legend
 
stillers4me's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,670
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Would he have wound up being murdered had he remained faithful to his wife?
Ding ding ding ding!
__________________
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

"Le Vergne....well, he's a lot like Jesus to me"

< Killuh Ray Lewis >
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
We must have grown up in different neighborhoods.
We sure did... in my neighborhood, an ax, a knife and a car are used just as responsibly as a gun. It was only criminals that used them all irresponsibly and hurt others.

I have no problem with private sales of guns. Once again, the only people who would cease selling guns privately if it was outlawed would be the ones who would also have enough responsibility not to sell a gun to someone they didn't trust with it.

___

In this case, it is a shame a person died, and another committed suicide. As usual in suicides, if someone had just seen the signs and confronted her, talked to her, called the police and reported their worries, it would not have happened.

It is much easier to get over embarrassment and finding out that a person wasn't going to commit suicide, than it is to get over the guilt that you could and should have intervened when your suspicions told you there was a suicide attempt.

And yes, McNair is to blame for his life decisions, but that doesn't mean he is to blame for being shot. Those are two different things....
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
The Patriot
Head Coach
 
The Patriot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,722
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7750
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
We sure did... in my neighborhood, an ax, a knife and a car are used just as responsibly as a gun. It was only criminals that used them all irresponsibly and hurt others.

I have no problem with private sales of guns. Once again, the only people who would cease selling guns privately if it was outlawed would be the ones who would also have enough responsibility not to sell a gun to someone they didn't trust with it.

___

In this case, it is a shame a person died, and another committed suicide. As usual in suicides, if someone had just seen the signs and confronted her, talked to her, called the police and reported their worries, it would not have happened.

It is much easier to get over embarrassment and finding out that a person wasn't going to commit suicide, than it is to get over the guilt that you could and should have intervened when your suspicions told you there was a suicide attempt.

And yes, McNair is to blame for his life decisions, but that doesn't mean he is to blame for being shot. Those are two different things....
Yes, but if you have people selling guns in parking lots, a criminal or somebody on parole could easily obtain a firearm and there would be no record of it. I have no problem with people selling guns, just so long as they go through the lawful steps.

If I were to legally purchase 100 sniper rifles and sell them to somebody in the middle east, would you be okay with that?
__________________
"That's the thing about Brett Favre; he's not afraid to throw an interception. That's one of the things I most admire about him." - Tom Jackson
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #30
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Just out of curiosity, does anyone's state have a legal limit for the amount of alcohol you can ingest? I know CA doesn't. However, this is typical of the misinformation the media feeds us.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...0:b26588322:z0

Bullshit headline, then they say "for driving" in the text fo the article. Last time I checked there was no legal limit when you drink in the comfort of your own home.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts