Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
tucker6
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12833
Default The fans of NFL.com have spoken

Steelers voted best team in the NFL for 2009. Patriots are #2 with the achilles heel for them being the QB position. I agree with that. They've upgraded defense, but I see their offense as one injury away from mediocre.

The Steelers will be highlighted tomorrow at 7pm.

For the record, Giants were third, Colts fourth, and Eagles fifth.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491
Default Re: The fans of NFL.com have spoken

Yes I expected the Steelers to be #1 with the Fan vote but if you ask the NFL commentator's New England would be #1 because they have no weakness.

Glad the fans can see that This STeeler Team is the real deal. I picked the Steelers to beat the Patriots even before Brady went down. This year's Steelers Defense will be better than last year trust me and the offense will help them by being even more productive in the run game in 2009. I will say it now this team will repeat as AFC champions.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
tucker6
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12833

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
Yes I expected the Steelers to be #1 with the Fan vote but if you ask the NFL commentator's New England would be #1 because they have no weakness.

Glad the fans can see that This STeeler Team is the real deal. I picked the Steelers to beat the Patriots even before Brady went down. This year's Steelers Defense will be better than last year trust me and the offense will help them by being even more productive in the run game in 2009. I will say it now this team will repeat as AFC champions.
I agree. I try to be objective, and I see the Steelers having improved in most areas this year. Can't predict another SB victory, but they are better.

Jamie Duke is hoping to have Tom's baby some day, so I'm sure he hated this day. Considering his belly size, maybe he and Tom got lucky.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
T Bradshaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12013

This is not a good thing

Pats OL is much better than us
T Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
steelerfan29_99
Water Boy

Member Number: 8035

hahaha I say the NFL hopes the Pats do win otherwise their gonna have to get another trophy..they already have the trophy with Bradys face etched on it sitting Goodell office!
steelerfan29_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
WindyCitySteelerFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10940

We go again with a huge target on our backs. Last year, even with the #1 Defensive, we flew under the radar.. Will be a bit harder this year to do.
WindyCitySteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

I think the Steelers have a very good chance to repeat for sure, but alot depends on how good our offensive line plays and I look forward to seeing how William Gay and Lawrence Timmons take on their new tasks of being full-time starters now, but I especially think that our Special Teams get a huge boost with the return of Daniel Sepulveda.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

I don't think the O-line will be as big of issue this year. I am actually more concerned about the Ravens this upcoming year than the Patriots. I say Tommy B is not the same guy this year and has his worst year ever.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #9
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

I'd say Steelers #1 and Patriots #2, but not because of New England's QB position. In my opinion the Pats biggest question mark is their defense. Specifically, their ability to generate a pass rush; they do get Adalius Thomas back from injury but who will be their other OLB? Can they trust their rookie Chung to make the correct reads and decisions to employ safety blitzes?

As far as the two team's offensive lines go, I don't think there is as big of a difference between the two as some here make it out to be. Look at the performance of the o-line when everybody was healthy rather than when they were not. Same could be said about the New England o-line; when Neal went out in the SB against the Giants it hurt them, and when he and some one else (Light?) were out at the beginning of last year they didn't look good, giving up lots of sacks. When the two lines are at equal strength the Steeler o-line is a lot closer to the Patriots o-line than most give them credit for.

If anything the biggest factor will be which team does the best job of avoiding injuries. Overall they're pretty close but I give the edge to the Steelers since offense sells tickets but defense wins championships.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #10
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,656 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
I don't think the O-line will be as big of issue this year. I am actually more concerned about the Ravens this upcoming year than the Patriots. I say Tommy B is not the same guy this year and has his worst year ever.
If the Ravens don't find a good receiver then we are not going to have to worry about them.