Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger talks about the 2009 season

Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger talks about the 2009 season
July 20, 11:51 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pitts...he-2009-season
Matt Pawlikowski

Pittsburgh Sports Examiner

The Steelers have yet to put on the pads in 2009 for their defense of the Super Bowl. But already there is a different aura in the air, so to speak, compared with the last time they won the Lombardi in 2005.

The NFL Network recently caught up with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger while he was taking time away from football during a charity golf outing in Lake Tahoe, and he talked about the Super Bowl win, and shared his thoughts on the upcoming season.

While Super Bowl XLIII is arguably the greatest Super Bowl played, the thing most people talk about is the winning drive and the pass to Santonio Holmes. Roethlisberger says it is something he has dreamed about since he was a kid.

"It's one of those ones you almost wish it was your 15th year and you can retire on it," Roethlisberger told the NFL Network guys "Just because its something that you you dream about, that's not just a drive to win a football game, that it's a drive was to win the Super Bowl. To end it that way was amazing.

"Say we got to the one yard line and Willie Parker ran it in, it would have been the same. It would have been a great play and unbelievable that we won the game. great we won the game, But as a quarterback to throw that pass and win that game, that's something you've been dreaming about since you were a kid in the backyard as Joe Montana."

Roethlisberger talked about how he was disappointed about his performance in Super Bowl XL and how it hurt that he almost lost it for his guys.

"It's the natural maturation of being from year two to five,, being the captain,and more vocal," Roethlisberger said. "The first time I was so overwhelmed being my second year and being in the Super Bowl. This year I was able to enjoy it and it showed."

After getting his first ring in 2005, the Steelers not only failed to repeat in 2006, but finished the year a disappointing 8-8. Asked what has been different this off season, Roethlisberger said it's a whole different approach.

"It's been a lot different. The nice thing for me and is for a lot of the guys is we've been there before," He said. " The last time, my third year we were going into it like we were going to repeat was we are going to repeat we are a great year.

"This time we are going into it like its another season, It's go play one game at a time. there is going to be other teams gunning for us, So I think the mindset of the guys who have been here before has really changed, and it is more laid back. It's lets take it easy and win some football games."

He also acknowledged the play of the defense. Roethlisberger said that one of the things he and his offensive teammates would like to do in 2009, is be on an even par with that defensive unit.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,776 Times in 3,684 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger talks about the 2009 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post

He also acknowledged the play of the defense. Roethlisberger said that one of the things he and his offensive teammates would like to do in 2009, is be on an even par with that defensive unit.
"Big Ben says he wants Arians replaced. News at 11:00"
Old 07-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you just had to go there tony..lol

he is right though, the offense needs to be on the same level as the defense. maybe if the offense is up to par, he wouldnt be laying on the ground so much.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

If the defense is as good as last year and the Offense is as good as the D, then I am thinking of a undefeated season...

In reality, I want the defense to be the same and the O just to get better...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
If the defense is as good as last year and the Offense is as good as the D, then I am thinking of a undefeated season...

In reality, I want the defense to be the same and the O just to get better...
I'd be happy if we developed the semblance of a power running game so we could occasionally punch the ball in from the 1 yard line.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Roethlisberger attorney denies allegations
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_634604.html
By Michael Hasch, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, July 20, 2009

An attorney for Ben Roethlisberger issued a statement late Monday denying that the Steelers quarterback sexually assaulted a woman in Nevada last year.

Court dockets in Nevada show that Andrea McNulty filed a civil complaint Friday against Roethlisberger.

"This weekend, Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008," according to a statement released by William David Cornwell Sr. of DNK Cornwell, a sports law firm based in Atlanta.

"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone, especially Andrea McNulty," the statement reads.

"The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," according to the statement.

"Ben will not be baited into a public discussion about his personal life, but we will defend him vigorously. The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."

Calvin R. Dunlap, the Reno, Nev., attorney who filed the suit on behalf of McNulty, could not be reached for comment.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team is aware of the allegations.

"I can't comment on specifics of the case," Lockett said. "We have heard Ben's side of the story and we support him at this time."

(I wonder if this is some sort of gambling scam to try and influence the odds on the Steelers winning the SuperBowl. - mesa)
Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 AM   #7
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,439 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post