Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default AFC North mailbag: Steelers,

AFC North mailbag: Steelers,
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth
July 22, 2009 4:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Let's focus our attention and provide some answers on the Pittsburgh Steelers a this week.

Anthony from Mamaroneck, N.Y., wants to know if Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons will remain in sub packages this year now that he's a full-time starter.

James Walker: Good question, Anthony. Without seeing the Steelers in a game-type scenario for 2009, my inclination is Timmons will remain a fixture in sub packages for obvious passing downs. He has done it almost exclusively for a full year so there is no reason to change just because he is a first-year starter. Timmons' athleticism should make him a three-down linebacker in Pittsburgh moving forward.

John Wesson from Hartford, Conn., asks what are the chances of Bill Cowher returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers in an executive role when he's finished with broadcasting.

James Walker: Not good, John. I would say almost zero. For starters, Cowher eventually wants to return to coaching. That's what he does best. Cowher probably will have enough leverage where he has say in personnel decisions, as well, but that will be determined by which franchise he goes to. Plus, there is a train of thought in NFL circles that Cowher would prefer to rebuild a franchise from the ground up to cement his legacy. Cowher's credentials likely are already good enough for the Hall of Fame. But perhaps the only knock is he went to the league's most stable franchise and won just one Super Bowl in 15 seasons. If Cowher is able to start his own program from scratch and win another Super Bowl coaching another team, he would have nothing left to prove.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
The Definiti0n
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13192
Default Re: AFC North mailbag: Steelers,

Timmons is going to have every opportunity to be the star of our defensive this.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,344 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Definiti0n View Post
Timmons is going to have every opportunity to be the star of our defensive this.
He has some good competition with Woodley, Farrior and Harrison hopefully they will all be stars.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

i hope i'm not the only one here, but i wouldn't mind seeing Bill Cowher come back in that black and gold. possibly a coach, but possibly an executive or assistant coach of some kind. i know everyone talks about Bruce Arians suckability, but Cowher would take over his spot. he has my blessing. haha!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
triphahn
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
He has some good competition with Woodley, Farrior and Harrison hopefully they will all be stars.
We are known for our linebackers but this is one scary group.
triphahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by triphahn View Post
We are known for our linebackers but this is one scary group.
frightening indeed. i wouldn't want to meet any of them in a back alley. but then again, maybe i would and try to get their autographs. haha!

they should be called "The Monster Squad." anybody remember that movie!? 1980's cheeseball horror flick with classic movie monsters like Dracula, Wolfman, The Creature From the Black Lagoon, Mummy, Frankenstein's monster. it's like "The Goonies" meets "The Lost Boys." i loved it.

..."the Wolfman's got nards!" haha!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
rick723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8221

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
i hope i'm not the only one here, but i wouldn't mind seeing Bill Cowher come back in that black and gold. possibly a coach, but possibly an executive or assistant coach of some kind. i know everyone talks about Bruce Arians suckability, but Cowher would take over his spot. he has my blessing. haha!
I don't want to see Bill (Prevent Defense Cowher) in Black and Gold again ever.
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote