Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
T Bradshaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12013
Default New England will Not make playoffs

New England will Not make playoffs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to make money is almost here. The weather on the east coast says it is here but callender says no.
FACT: All the players who wanna make bucks bet NE. UNDER on total wins.
The Pats. and Brady cheated their way to super bowls. THEY GOT CAUGHT!! The NFL. loves Brady hes the poster boy for this league. They wouldnt take action if he killed someone because of this fact. He man played like a bum in Michigan. Because he is A BUM. Now we will see this first hand because he cant get defensive calls before the play. Thats the only reason he looked as good as he did. I used to say how can he know where to throw all the time. Given the defence before the snap anyone in the NFL can look that good. This is the first time since the bust he gets a full season. You see what happen to him when he couldnt cheat in the super bowl. He couldnt score. The Giants d wasent that great but given the opposing QB isnt either you end up with NO OFFENCE.
I bet last year and won BIG . He got hurt so I benifited from that but now hes back and I will prove to everyone ITS NOT GOING TO MATTER. Brady's Pats should have been held as criminals. They should have been deemed "cheaters" and removed from the record books. Thats how serious it really was ! Its still that serious but the NFL is above anything so it goes unchallenged. The coach who used cameras to get signals and then sent the D into his QBS helmit is beyond cheating. Its disgusting ! Whats wrose is the cover-up by the league. But we can al benifit in the bank. I have 0 allegiance with any team I could care less who wins. I only care about money, MAKE YOURS BET UNDER NOW
T Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
T Bradshaw
Draft Prospect

Default Re: New England will Not make playoffs

I know it's sacreligious to say anything bad about Brady, but I always thought it was the system. People don't realize the cheating was even more than the camcorder. It involved the radio communications angle which needs to be explored much more deeply and exposed. Since Super Bowl 42 the NFL has monitored this much more closely at all the stadiums. Is it a coincidence Brady hasn't looked that good since that time? Ever notice how he has to take such long strides in all his throws unlike players like Manning, Cutler, Favre, and Warner who can sling it without taking a big stride?

The fact using different radio frequencies (unavailable to the NFL) was key to the concealment of their scheme for stealing the other teams defensive signals AND communicating them to their QB. The conspiracy of silence around this allegation, after it was reported several times (Chris Mortensen of ESPN, quotes attributed to Doug Flutie) even PRIOR TO Spygate, seems to confirm that the NFL was covering up what was really happening. They were in a perfect position to substantiate and follow up on this violation of NFL rules in many games, yet it seems as if the Patriots use of their own frequency was dismissed as a technical snafu or team preference. Also note that the NFL's radio frequency was disabled 20 seconds prior to the the start of each play to prevent last second communications.

Imagine the numbers Cutler, Warner, Brees or Manning could put up in that scam. This could've been easily put to bed if Robert Kraft were to initiate a full and complete press conference with Roger Goodell. Instead, Kraft has been eerily silent and Goodell has destroyed tapes.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
T Bradshaw
Draft Prospect

Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat
Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Mr. Bundchen is going DOWN! =)
Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

They'll still make the playoffs. They have a lot of talent on the team. But that's all...they are a playoff caliber team, no more...
Old 07-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
They'll still make the playoffs. They have a lot of talent on the team. But that's all...they are a playoff caliber team, no more...
:), that's all that really takes to make the big dance anymore. If you're in you have a chance at making it to the Super Bowl (if not winning it all). As long as you're able to catch a spark at the right time, you have a shot at winning it all.

Signed

the 2001 Pats
the 2003 Panthers
the 2005 Steelers
the 2007 Giants
the 2008 Cardinals

oh and hell, even the 2008 Steelers, I don't recall many people picking them to be Super Bowl champs outside of Steeler fans and a few others.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #7
Ishkabibble
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11437

Got that right Woodson; just get to the postseason and anything can happen. Arizona's got destroyed Week 16 then damn near won a SB a few weeks later. NE will make the playoffs but it could be interesting. My guess is Brady (likely the team) will struggle the first half then play better down the stretch.
As for Brady, 50 TD's and 8 interceptions in '07 and still is a system QB? Either way, Roethlisberger's in a system, Brees, Peyton Manning; last I checked, Joe Montana's regarded as the best QB ever and the West Coast offense was most-assuredly a system. So what's point? Every QB plays in a system; just a question of how well they're able to run it.
Ishkabibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Problem is, the Pats don't have the advantages they used to have. The best teams make the playoffs, and they simply aren't built for deep playoff runs like they used to be. They'd have to EARN a super bowl berth, and I don't see it happening...
Old 07-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Anything can happen, but they still have a lot of talent there and Brady is back.

I think it's wishful thinking to say that they won't make the playoffs.

They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell!
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
Anything can happen, but they still have a lot of talent there and Brady is back.

I think it's wishful thinking to say that they won't make the playoffs.

They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell!
Not to mention they still have a virtual cakewalk to the playoffs because of the division they play in. I seriously doubt Miami is going to duplicate last year's effort, and that's the Patriots' only real obstacle. The Bills look like they're still just average, and the Jets are going to suck ass. New England is going to win that division by default like they usually do, not to mention padding their overall record with an extra 5-6 wins.

Unless Moss tears his ACL this year. Which I won't explicitly root for since that'd be bad sportsmanship, but let's just say I wouldn't be sad.