Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,415 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default ASK THE STEELERS – MIKE WALLACE – PART 3

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

From Chuck Harris in Georgia: Receivers are called upon to block here. How are your blocking skills?
Mike Wallace: They are okay. They need to get a lot better. I have Hines to learn from. He is one of the best, if not the best, blocking receiver in the NFL. I am going to learn from him, take a lot in and watch his film. Hopefully I can adopt it.

From Beth Daniels in Florida: Do you hope to make an impact right away as a kick returner?
Mike Wallace: Definitely.

From Erik Knox in New Jersey: What does it take to be an effective return guy?
Mike Wallace: It takes all 11 men, a blocking scheme, vision, speed, everything. You have to hit the hole; you have to believe what you see on kick returns. You don’t have time to cut back and dance around. You have to hit it and go. You have to have a vision and believe what you see.

From Tony Ryan in Alabama: What was your best game in college game and why?
Mike Wallace: The LSU game this year. I had nice stats and scored a touchdown. We were at home and I am from New Orleans. It was a big-time game for me.

From Mark Allison in Louisiana: You have had some bad fortune in your life, with some things with your family and being effected by Hurricane Katrina. Does that make you appreciate what you have now and the opportunity in front of you?
Mike Wallace: Most definitely. We have struggled my whole life. We never had too much money. My mom and dad would be working all day. I would go to school and I would come home and wouldn’t see my mom until the next morning because she had to work all day. I don’t want that for the rest of my life. I am trying to get it to where she doesn’t have to work any more. Coming from where I came from I really appreciate everything I am going through right now.

From Dan Potts in Pennsylvania: Have you heard yet how passionate Steelers fans are about the team and are you looking forward to playing for a team with that kind of atmosphere?
Mike Wallace: I have seen it on television. I have seen them with the Terrible Towels. I’ve seen them out there in the freezing cold without shirts on. It’s going to be a tremendous experience to see it in live color instead of just seeing it on television.

http://news.steelers.com/article/105721/
Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #2
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503
Default Re: ASK THE STEELERS – MIKE WALLACE – PART 3

I can't wait to see this kid play!

Ike Taylor singled him out in his video clip from the Trib this week. Ike says this kid is REAL FAST! ... and Ike knows fast!
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119

I watched this guys combine footage he is simply a rocket and catches the ball with his hands not his body. I think he is a perfect replacement for Nate and he will be alot better reciever in time.
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

I can't wait to see the preseason games to see some of the speed that we drafted. If we get better on KRs and PRs then this team is going to be extremely special. With Sepulveda back and good returners this could be a great field position team. Shorter fields for Ben and company. Of course we need to get better in the red zone or there could be a lot of field goals instead of TDs.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

He has the PR job to lose, I'd say.

I doubt he does much at WR, but you never know.

He'll get his chance in camp.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
He has the PR job to lose, I'd say.

I doubt he does much at WR, but you never know.

He'll get his chance in camp.
My hunch is he'll have the KR job to lose. I'm not sure about the PR job???

Don't be surprised if the PR job could fall once again to Santonio or Mewelde (PR guys need to be experienced and sure-handed) ... or if Joe Burnett can make the squad somehow, maybe he'd be the guy?
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote