Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default The Pope: Abortion > Child Rape.

*The following is Extremely offensive. If you cannot handle things like this, please leave the topic now.*

A 9-year old Brazilian Girl was sexually assaulted by her stepfather since she was six. So much that she became pregnant with twins. She had an therapeutic abortion as a result. The bishop excommunicated her mother (but not Step-Daddy Dearest Rapist) for going through with the abortion, but was overturned, now 'his holiness' is arguing the reversal, condemning the mom for going through with the abortion.

http://www.progressivepuppy.com/the_...-abortion.html

So in esscense, the Pope supports the rapist instead of the little girl that suffered. Bravo, Benedict, Bravo. Holy Shit in the finest, folks.

Last edited by Edman; 07-28-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: The Pope: Abortion > Child Rape.

I just don't have words for how angry the whole story makes me.

I feel so bad for the young girl. I couldn't even imagine. Best wishes to her and her mother in the future. I hope they're able to get through this difficult time, with or without the Popes approval.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
*The following is Extremely offensive. If you cannot handle things like this, please leave the topic now.*

A 9-year old Brazilian Girl was sexually assaulted by her stepfather since she was six. So much that she became pregnant with twins. She had an therapeutic abortion as a result. The bishop excommunicated her mother (but not Step-Daddy Dearest Rapist) for going through with the abortion, but was overturned, now 'his holiness' is arguing the reversal, condemning the mom for going through with the abortion.

http://www.progressivepuppy.com/the_...-abortion.html

So in esscense, the Pope supports the rapist instead of the little girl that suffered.
Bravo, Benedict, Bravo. Holy Shit in the finest, folks.
That is quite a twist to what is really happening.

I am far FAR from being a Papist. Even by the use of that term, you can see my derision for the hierarchy and the history of the Catholic church (please, no offense meant to those who are catholic here, I am referring to the 400 + year history). However, be honest with what is going on.

The Pope is not supporting the rapist as opposed to the little girl. Rather, the pope is looking at the actions and is surmising that

1. While rape is a horrible thing, it ultimately, according to catholic teaching, is a moral failure.

2. Abortion is the ending of a human life and as such, is equitable to murder.

3. Murder is worse than rape.

Personally, I believe that the father should have been removed as well. Furthermore, the church should have stepped in and offered to support the child, the mother, and either help her raise, or find an appropriate home for the children. Because I too, do not believe there is any reason to demand an innocent life be killed. Yes, that little girl was also innocent and her life is destroyed, but why triple the destruction with abortion?

I have a bigger question however, why didn't the mother do something about it before? Statistics will tell us that she knew, and turned a blind eye.

IMO, the father should get the chair for what he did. The mother however, is probably quite guilty as well, statistically. That poor girl is going to need a lot of help.

Last edited by Preacher; 07-28-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Ditto, Preach.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

That's what I would've guessed his reasoning is. But I don't think looking at every case as THAT black-and-white is smart at all. The church should've just stayed out of this one if you ask me; they're just making a bad situation even worse.

As a side note, I did find this incredible story as a result. I had no idea that was even possible.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
That's what I would've guessed his reasoning is. But I don't think looking at every case as THAT black-and-white is smart at all. The church should've just stayed out of this one if you ask me; they're just making a bad situation even worse.

As a side note, I did find this incredible story as a result. I had no idea that was even possible.

As far as the rest of the statement... I think the church has to be involved, as it is part of the life of the people. However, what needs to happen is the church has to find out a much better way of EXPRESSING itself.

A lot of hatred towards Christianity is brought on because Christians do not stop and think before they express themselves. As a result, we end up saying really stupid stuff, and then when challenged, try to run to God or scripture to back it up, instead fo saying, "oops, I probably should have said that a lot better."
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

The most outrageous thing is the fact that people actually care about what the Pope says. Hello, Dark Ages...glad to see you again.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #8
SteelCurtain
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
That is quite a twist to what is really happening.

I am far FAR from being a Papist. Even by the use of that term, you can see my derision for the hierarchy and the history of the Catholic church (please, no offense meant to those who are catholic here, I am referring to the 400 + year history). However, be honest with what is going on.

The Pope is not supporting the rapist as opposed to the little girl. Rather, the pope is looking at the actions and is surmising that

1. While rape is a horrible thing, it ultimately, according to catholic teaching, is a moral failure.

Personally, I believe that the father should have been removed as well. Furthermore, the church should have stepped in and offered to support the child, the mother, and either help her raise, or find an appropriate home for the children. Because I too, do not believe there is any reason to demand an innocent life be killed. Yes, that little girl was also innocent and her life is destroyed, but why triple the destruction with abortion?

We are talking about a F'ing 9 year old girl having twins! How could you possibly believe that an abortion wasn't necessary? When things are screwed up in a pregnancy nature has its way of taking care of it, by a miscarriage. When things are screwed up in a pregnancy that nature can't take care of, man has a way of taking care of it, by an abortion. I believe there are definitely instances when abortions are needed. If your 9 year old daughter got pregnant by her teacher at school and was pregnant with twins then I believe you would be singing a different tune.

Last edited by SteelCurtain; 07-29-2009 at 07:45 AM.
SteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
The most outrageous thing is the fact that people actually care about what the Pope says. Hello, Dark Ages...glad to see you again.
I didn't think a bungals fan could make me laugh outside of their football rhetoric!

KUDOS to you for that one.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
We are talking about a F'ing 9 year old girl having twins! How could you possibly believe that an abortion wasn't necessary? When things are screwed up in a pregnancy nature has its way of taking care of it, by a miscarriage. When things are screwed up in a pregnancy that nature can't take care of, man has a way of taking care of it, by an abortion. I believe there are definitely instances when abortions are needed. If your 9 year old daughter got pregnant by her teacher at school and was pregnant with twins then I believe you would be singing a different tune.
What you are talking about is situational ethics...which is a WHOLE different thread.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote