Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Who's gonna stop us?

Our division? B'more? Pats? Chargers?

I don't think so. Read em and weep pretenders.

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Who's gonna stop us?

I seriously think we will repeat.

IMHO, our defense got better with Timmons and Gay taking over starting roles in the defense.

On offense, we lost Nate Washington...an inconsistent third receiver. No biggie.

We gain Rashard Mendenhall who I think will have a breakout season.

In the division?

Baltimore is in for a shock. Mason looks like he is gone, Bennett also retired. Who is Flacco going to throw to? They have a three headed running attack, but they won't be able to run on Pittsburgh.

The Bengals? Their defense could be pretty decent, or it could be a typical Bengals defense, just plain bad. The offense has potential, IF Palmer can stay healthy and Ochocinco plays like the old Chad Johnson. I don't expect much out of running back Cedric Benson, he isn't speedy and he doesn't like contact.

The Browns? Hahahahahahahahahaha! Yeah, right.

The Patriots? Tom Brady has only thrown more than 28 touchdowns once in his career, in 2007 when he threw 50. Palmer hasn't been back to his old self since his knee injury, and I do not expect Brady to throw 50 touchdowns this year.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10597

We have to have some luck and avoid injuries. Injuries will kill a championship run instantly. Just look at what happened in NE. Brady, Adalius, Maroney, Harrison all on IR with Welker missing some time.

We could be two injuries at key positions from missing the playoffs......even in this division.

Ive learned not to take anything for granted in this league anymore.
GodofGridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
Hotrodder07
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13485

I think we're capable of beating any team in the league. We had the #1 defense last year, and I honestly believe that it got better. If Rashard Mendenhall and Limas Sweed contribute, and the O-line gets even a little bit better, we will have a pretty darn good offense. Can't wait for the season to start!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
BlockMonsta
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13642

I have to agree that we have a strong chance at repeating. I do not think the Ravens will do anywhere near as good as this past season. They lost Rex Ryan, Jim Lehonard and Bart...wow his name slips me right now...Anyways, who knows how Brady is going to be, he played what 12-15 snaps last season? They still have a weak 2ndary (I think). I dont know if Gay is going to be an improvment over B-Mac, well see. I just remember him giving up a big fouth down to Amani Toomer. LT, I see being a big improvement over Foote. But I also remember him getting run over at the goal line, not saying it wouldn't have happend to anyone else but it stands out. Deep at reciver, I think Mike Wallace is going to play a big part in ST. I really hope Sweed is worth that second round pick, Mendenhall I hope he hangs on to the ball! We should be good to go, not to much longer until preseason.
BlockMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:43 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,296 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockMonsta View Post
I have to agree that we have a strong chance at repeating. I do not think the Ravens will do anywhere near as good as this past season. They lost Rex Ryan, Jim Lehonard and Bart...wow his name slips me right now...Anyways, who knows how Brady is going to be, he played what 12-15 snaps last season? They still have a weak 2ndary (I think). I dont know if Gay is going to be an improvment over B-Mac, well see. I just remember him giving up a big fouth down to Amani Toomer. LT, I see being a big improvement over Foote. But I also remember him getting run over at the goal line, not saying it wouldn't have happend to anyone else but it stands out. Deep at reciver, I think Mike Wallace is going to play a big part in ST. I really hope Sweed is worth that second round pick, Mendenhall I hope he hangs on to the ball! We should be good to go, not to much longer until preseason.
I hope you are right about Mendenhall hanging on to the Ball. He seemed to be doing better before he got hurt and hopefully he will improve this year.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

There is a little girl out in Nevada trying her best too

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
steelersfanman92
Starter

Member Number: 3372

The only thing that can stop the Steelers are themselves. As long as they avoid playing stupid and think that they are just going to roll over every team on their way to the Super Bowl they should repeat. The talent is definetly there they just can't be contenet with winning last year.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #9
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofGridiron View Post
We have to have some luck and avoid injuries. Injuries will kill a championship run instantly. Just look at what happened in NE. Brady, Adalius, Maroney, Harrison all on IR with Welker missing some time.

We could be two injuries at key positions from missing the playoffs......even in this division.

Ive learned not to take anything for granted in this league anymore.
My thoughts exactly. We have a great team that will need to play hard every single week, be fortunate not to have injuries, and get some breaks along the way in order to repeat.

Even last year could have been very different if we didn't have late drives to win against Jacksonville, Dallas, Baltimore x2, and San Diego.

Great seasons can go bad with a few bad bounces or breaks. Bad Seasons can go great with the same.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #10
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

On any given Sunday....

As long as Tomlin can keep the team COMPLETELY focused and not resting on the Laurels of last year's success they will have a great chance