Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Gridiron Gab 2009 AFC North Preview

Gridiron Gab 2009 AFC North Preview
http://nationalsportsreview.com/spor...north-preview/
By: Joseph Clifton

Pittsburgh Steelers

This team is still loaded from last years championship, They rolled through the offseason with no roster departures to speak of. The team seems to be satisfied with the unit in place as they made no additions to speak of either. So for the first time in years the defending superbowl champions return intact, and are looking to repeat. Pittsburgh is blessed to be in the North and has no competition to speak of. They have one of the best defenses in the league each and evry year, so donít look for that to change. If there is one negative I can label the Steelers with it is a lack of explosive ability on offense. They consistently rely on there defense to make the game changing play.

With all that being said look for the Steelers to steam roll into there bye week at at least 7-1, The only question is the week 7 matchup with Minnesota. If Pittsburgh can pull out a win against Minnesota then watch out. The second half of there season is loaded with sub-par teams, and the victories will mount. There competition in the second half includes each division opponent, as well as Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Green Bay, Miami. Those are all games that Pittsburgh should win. This team has a chance to roll through the regular season undefeated.

Absolute win total = 15

Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals are a team I have been waiting on for years. They have as much talent as any other team in the league. I question there heart. The offensive line should be helped with the addition of Andre Smith, so look for an improved running game. I still expect the Bengals to be able to move the ball through the air. The lose of T.J will affect the team on 3rd and medium situations, where moving the chains are a priority. But they have other receivers who are able to contribute. Look for the Bengals to be much improved on defense this season. They are loaded with youth and athletic ability. This is a team that will be very competitive, But do they have what it takes to reach out and take the game away from the opponent.

The Bengals have 5 games on the schedule I would consider a toss up. Week 2 at Green Bay, week 6 match up with Houston, week 7 game with Chicago, Week 9 game with Baltimore, and week 11 at Oakland. If the Bengals can win 3 of those 5 games they will be a wild card contender. The Bengals will start the season with a victory against Denver. They get 2 wins against Cleveland, and also have wins against Detroit and Kansas City. I look for the Bengals to be in contention for the wild card and they will prove they have heart with a week 17 victory over the New York Jets.

Absolute win total = 6

Baltimore Ravens

The Baltimore Ravens are a team that every year no matter what the record looks like they contend every week. They have a chance to win every game they play, due to there abilities on defense. The defense is getting older and the offense is not helping with there struggle every week to put points on the board. I consider the Ravens a one dimensional offense. They have never had the ability to throw ,and there offense consistently suffers for it.

The Ravens week 1 game with Kansas City is a dead even pick em, game is a toss up. They should alternate wins and losses until the bye week, Losing to San Diego, New England, Minnesota. The Ravens have a chance to be 3-3 at the bye. They should struggle in the second half of the season losing to Denver, Indy, Pittsburgh twice, and Green Bay. They only sure wins I see in the second half are games with Cleveland, Detroit , and the season finale with Oakland.

Absolute win total = 5

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland made a few roster moves this offseason to strenghten the core of the team. They are looking to develop depth at nearly every position. Cleveland landed one of the best players in the draft this year with the selection of Brian Robiskie out of Ohio State. Now I live and die with the Buckeyes and I have been told by many in the Ohio State family Robiskie should be a carbine copy of Cris Carter in 3-4 years. Unfortunately that doesnít help in the now. Cleveland has one of, if not the worst roster in the NFL for the 2009 season. There schedule doesnít help much either. Look for Cleveland to contend for the number 1 overall pick in 2010.

I donít expect Cleveland to go 0-16, but looking at there schedule I cant find a single game I expect them to win. This team will struggle against every opponent on there schedule. Cleveland will be lucky to win 2- 3 games this season. I feel sorry for those that are Cleveland fans, you are going to have to endure a long season.

Absolute win total = 0 :r ofl:
(Cleveland Clownies 0-16 what a nice thought. - mesa)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Hotrodder07
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13485
Default Re: Gridiron Gab 2009 AFC North Preview

Wow. He says we have a chance at going undefeated, and the Brownies have a chance at going winless? If that would happen, you have no idea how happy I would be.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
rick723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodder07 View Post
Wow. He says we have a chance at going undefeated, and the Brownies have a chance at going winless? If that would happen, you have no idea how happy I would be.
Is he a real writer? never heard of him.
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

So, lemme get this straight..the same national media that predicted the Browns to finish dead last in 2007, 12 wins in 2008 are now predicting them to not win a game?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
So, lemme get this straight..the same national media that predicted the Browns to finish dead last in 2007, 12 wins in 2008 are now predicting them to not win a game?

Well at least that bolds well for you, that they have been wrong each of the last 2 years.
pancake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:31 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,418 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodder07 View Post
I don't think you would be by yourself that would be funny if it happened.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #7
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick723 View Post
LMAO, no, I don't believe so. He may be a writer for a local sports bar but he sure as heck isn't on the national market.

Quote:
By: Joseph Clifton

Pittsburgh Steelers

This team is still loaded from last years championship, They rolled through the offseason with no roster departures to speak of. The team seems to be satisfied with the unit in place as they made no additions to speak of either. So for the first time in years the defending superbowl champions return intact, and are looking to repeat. Pittsburgh is blessed to be in the North and has no competition to speak of. They have one of the best defenses in the league each and evry year, so don’t look for that to change. If there is one negative I can label the Steelers with it is a lack of explosive ability on offense. They consistently rely on there defense to make the game changing play.

With all that being said Oh yeah, you really said a mouthful Joseph. look for the Steelers to steam roll into there bye week at at least 7-1, The only question is the week 7 matchup with Minnesota. If Pittsburgh can pull out a win against Minnesota then watch out. The second half of there season is loaded with sub-par teams, and the victories will mount. There competition in the second half includes each division opponent, as well as Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Green Bay, Miami. Those are all games that Pittsburgh should win. This team has a chance to roll through the regular season undefeated.

Absolute win total = 15
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:17 AM   #8
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Pittsburgh is blessed to be in the North and has no competition to speak of.
What? What about the Ravens????
Old 07-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #9
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by redst3 View Post
What? What about the Ravens????
No doubt about it, as far as I'm concerned, the AFC Championship Game was the "Real Super Bowl".
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick723 View Post
It's a bloggers site....which means anybody can write a "story".

"To get your own blog on National Sports Review right away, click here."
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote