Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
• Intelligent and friendly discussions.
• It's free and it's quick. Always.
• Enter events in the forums calendar.
• Very user friendly software.
• Exclusive contests and giveaways.
Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
|Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact||Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.|
|08-02-2009, 10:24 PM||#1|
A Son of Martha
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Member Number: 10438
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Timmons doesn't practice + Day 3 of training camp tidbits
Timmons doesn't practice
Posted August 2, 2009 9 :10 PM
Here are some news and notes of interest from Day 3 of training camp: (Day 3? I thought Saturday was the first and Sunday was the second day but what do I know. - mesa)
· The Steelers held starting inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons out of practice Sunday after he couldn’t complete the afternoon practice Saturday because of cramps caused by dehydration. Coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers were simply being cautious with Timmons and indicated that the third-year pro will practice Monday.
· Think there is a chance we’ll see third-year quarterback Dennis Dixon running the Wildcat this season? Think again. Here is what offensive coordinator Bruce Arians had to say on the subject today: “I’m not a Wildcat guy, and Dennis would get broken in half.” As talented and athletic as he is, Dixon is still a work-in-progress and has made some poor decisions in 11-on-11 drills. It is early but Dixon is a longshot at best to overtake veteran Charlie Batch for the No. 2 spot behind Ben Roethlisberger.
· Rookie Kraig Urbik is not off to a great start, which makes you wonder how much of a factor the third-round draft pick will be in the battle for the starting job at right guard. He struggled during Saturday afternoon’s practice, and Ziggy Hood got the better of Urbik during a pass rush/block drills Sunday. Speaking of Hood, the word that best describes the Steelers’ first-round pick: relentless.
· Don’t discount Mewelde Moore in the running game even if Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall stay healthy this season. Arians hasn’t forgotten how valuable Moore was to the Steelers when injuries plague Parker and sidelined Mendenhall. “If we didn’t have Mewelde last season,” Arians said, “we wouldn’t have been in the Super Bowl last season.”
· Rookie running back Frank “The Tank” Summers got a rude welcome to the NFL Sunday. William Gay lowered his shoulder into the 5-foot-10, 240-pound rookie during a running play near the end of practice, causing a fumble. Gay is listed at 50-pounds lighter than Summers, but he packed a pretty good wallop as “The Tank” can attest. “When you carry a nickname like ‘The Tank,’ guys are going to try you,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “They want him to prove that that nickname is earned. That’s the story of the National Football League. This is a show-me game. He’s starting to understand that.” (Welcome to the NFL Rook! - mesa)
|08-03-2009, 04:43 AM||#2|
The Virginia Hillbilly
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Member Number: 3287
Thanked 4,405 Times in 1,842 Posts
Re: Timmons doesn't practice + Day 3 of training camp tidbits
I am glad there is nothing major wrong with Timmons. Hopefully he will be ready to go Monday.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|