Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393
Default Philly fans = scum

as if we already didn't know

I didn't hear this story on the national news at all but heard it from a friend, pretty shocking IMO

A 22-year old fan was beaten to death outside a Phillies game last week

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...eaten_To_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Arrests In Phillies Fan
Beating Death
Charges Pending; Fans Express
Disbelief
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police have two men in custody and expect to arrest another person in connection with Saturday night’s beating death of a Phillies fan outside Citizens Bank Park.

Investigators said a fight began inside McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon at the ballpark and then spilled out into a parking lot, where the 22-year-old man was beaten to death, Fox 29's Steve Keeley reported.

The man has been identified as David Sale of Lansdale. Police said he was punched and kicked repeatedly in the head.

It's not yet clear what sparked the altercation during the closing innings of a game between the Phillies and the St. Louis Cardinals.

Philadelphia police said the argument that began inside McFadden's was between a bachelor party and another group of men who took a bus there from the Fishtown section of the city. The fracas may have involved as many as 30 people.

The men took their dispute outside to a parking lot near 7th and Pattison Avenue. That's where detectives say Sale was brutally beaten.

Sale was pronounced dead at the hospital. He suffered injuries to his head and chest.

A 36-year-old man was also hurt. He was taken to Methodist Hospital and later released.

Police have questioned dozens of people and are building a case against a couple of men.

The two men in custody are expected to be charged Monday, along with another person police expect to have into custody sometime Monday.

Phillies fans, on their way to a Sunday afternoon game, expressed their disbelief that a fan was killed after a fight in a stadium parking lot.

"That's just messed up to do something like that," said fan Hank Clark Sr. "I don't care what the man did, nothing justifies that. It's a game. We're here to enjoy ourselves."

"It's so sad that we came out here to have a good time and people came out here and somebody actually gets killed. It's really sad," added Scott Bentz.

"I can't imagine what kind of argument broke out that it made someone lose their life over it. It's just sad," said Ellen Corazo.

"Stuff like that doesn't really happen. That's terrible and my thoughts and prayers go out to that family," said Veronica Watkins.

Cardinals fans Fox 29 News talked to weren't worried. And don't see this as a reflection on all Phillies fans.

"I know I'm walking into a hostile territory, but it's a baseball game for crying out loud," said Monte Schisler, a Cardinals fan.

Still, many Phillies fans are worried this unfortunate incident will give the team and its fans a black eye.

"The vast majority of fans act well at games, act well outside of games. And are cordial with opposing fans, but it's a select group of knuckleheads that take it a little too far and then give the whole city of Philadelphia a bad name," said Hank Clarke II.

Most fans look at this as an isolated incident that won't keep them away from the games, especially with World Series Champions performing as well as they are right now.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Steel Head
Banned

Default Re: Philly fans = scum

so that article implies that the kid who died was beaten to death because he was a CArdinals fan?

disgraceful
Old 08-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
so that article implies that the kid who died was beaten to death because he was a CArdinals fan?

disgraceful
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police have two men in custody and expect to arrest another person in connection with Saturday night’s beating death of a Phillies fan outside Citizens Bank Park.

Never said the suspects were Cards fans either...what, are Phillies fans beating the hell out of each other now ? For all we know, it all started when the victim yells to the bachelor "hey man, I had you're fiance' last night"

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Philly has a disgraceful fan base. Worst part is there, are a few who don't deserve that title.(I have met a few of them to).

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Pittsky
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10024

thats crazy. i went to philly for a wedding and met some phillies fans at big charlies (legendary chiefs bar) couldnt have been nicer people. one guy that worked there also worked at citizens park. told me to stop by his stand. hooked me up big time...beer, food, shirts...his generosity blew my mind...as far as other fans go, i dunno....good thing my GF wanted phillies hats....i could be dead.
Pittsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

It isn't called KILLadelphia for nothing. Bunch of scumbags.

Can we PLEASE sell them to New Jersey? They can always use another garbage dump.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
It isn't called KILLadelphia for nothing. Bunch of scumbags.

Can we PLEASE sell them to New Jersey? They can always use another garbage dump.
The air always smelling like crap there.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

The beating had nothing to do with the baseball game. Granted, Philly fans can be idiots most of the time but this was not sports related.

Group A was a bachelor party attending the game. Group B was a group from a local bar that organized a trip to the game.

Both groups left the game (either thrown out or left on own accord, I do not know) early on and went to a bar that resides right outside the stadium.

Someone from Group A either spilled beer or threw beer on someone from Group B in the bar. A fight ensued and both parties were removed from the bar.

Of course, the fight resumed in the parking lot which led to the beating death of the one guy from Group A who was the brother of the bride-to-be.

Bunch of drunken morons that just happened to be outside a baseball stadium.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #9
Steel Head
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
The beating had nothing to do with the baseball game. Granted, Philly fans can be idiots most of the time but this was not sports related..
it was in the stadium parking lot during a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
Both groups left the game (either thrown out or left on own accord, I do not know) early on and went to a bar that resides right outside the stadium.
They were thrown out of McFadden's. That bar is not "right outside the stadium", it is connected to the stadium (actually "in" the stadium). You can drink there and walk right to your seats
Old 08-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
it was in the stadium parking lot during a game

They were thrown out of McFadden's. That bar is not "right outside the stadium", it is connected to the stadium (actually "in" the stadium). You can drink there and walk right to your seats
It had nothing to do with sports. They were all a bunch of drunks and they were all Philly fans. It wasn't a Phillies' fans vs Cardinals' fans fight that led to a death.

It was stupid male testosterone drunken stupidity that lead to a fight over a spilled beer which could've happened anywhere. That is my point. It just so happens that it was at the bar in/outside the stadium.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote