Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Steelers Nation in Ocean City, MD

so, i recently went to Ocean City, Maryland for a nice little vacation a week or so ago. i must say, i had a blast. i'm not the biggest beach goer in the world, but it was nice to relax and dip out of society for awhile. needless to say, all of the problems i left behind for a week are back ten fold and it's pretty annoying. but i'll manage. i got my ass burnt to a crisp, but i managed to protect my tattoos and not get bitten by a horseshoe crab like last year. haha! if anyone is familiar with the area, we stayed at the 45th Street Astoria beach side. it was gorgeous. i saw a dead woman, lightning strike 100 yards from my car, 2 mini hurricanes, and a horse go apeshit at the horse races and almost crash through the fence. i also won the championship of an 8 person, round robin, double elimination beer pong tournament in our condo. i can't wait to defend my title next year. ha!

while i was in OC, i shared a lot of fun stories and a lot of great football tales with fellow Steeler fans from all over the Eastern seaboard. i know OC isn't that far from Pittsburgh (7 hours) but everywhere i turned there was a Steelers fan. from toddlers to elders and soooo many cars with decals for the City of Champions...and the Pirates. you almost had to beep and give them a nod or if you are really ballsy, a drive-by-fist bump! haha! even being 300 miles away made me feel at home. it was so cool to be riding the OC bus and people saying, "hey! you're the guy with the Steelers beach towel on the beach!" i just thought that was the coolest thing that Steelers fan look out for and look for fellow Steelers fans everywhere they go. there were more Steelers fans than Ravens fans. even though i seen a few here and there, i seen a lot more Redskins and Eagles fans too.

a side story, i went to a beach boutique across from our condo called Doggystyle. it was all beachwear and what not for dogs. a great store for anyone who travels with dogs or loves their dogs enough to purchase them stuff while on vacation..(like me)! well, they happen to sell homemade organic dog treats wit NFL cross references. such as dog treats shaped like footballs, and bone shaped treats with team names on them. well, i walk in there and i was checking out the treats for my Bella and i noticed there was a 20 treat stack of bone shaped Ravens treats and no Steelers bones. i asked the lady behind the counter, "what's up with that? no Steeler love?" she said, "we sold out of those within 20 minutes of opening up this morning." i said, "that's what's up." she was from Pittsburgh vacationing and working for the summer and we had a nice discussion about the Steelers. i had to chuckle because no matter where you go, there is a Steelers fan in every little nook and cranny of the world. you can't get that with other teams from any sport in any country, but you get that with the Pittsburgh Steelers. and i love that. it makes me proud to be from Western Pennsylvania and be born in Pittsburgh.

i hope you enjoyed my boring story, but i wanted to share with you fellow members of the Steelers Nation and i'm sure you all have other stories just like mine...if not cooler and more R-rated. haha!

also, if you are reading this: old man on the beach with the Ravens hat...i'm sorry i did the butt floss dry off with my Steelers towel two feet away from you. i'm not sorry i did it, i'm sorry i got sand in your eyes. that was rude. haha!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Steelers Nation in Ocean City, MD

Glad you had a good time. We experienced the same while were down there a couple of years ago.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Glad you had a good time. We experienced the same while were down there a couple of years ago.
it's a really nice place. i know people who move there every summer just to work and make money, come home for school, and then love off that money. i think that'd be a swell idea. there are a few tattoo shops down there i would love to try and get into. i love the boutiques down there and of course, the women aren't bard at all. haha!

it's a nice enough drive and it's a great plaace to spend a few days. if you love the beach, make it a week or two. there are a lot of Steelers bars down there too. like they say, every city has one. Ocean City is one of those cities.

my girlfriends family goes down EVERY YEAR. i've only gone down 2 times with them. it's a trip indeed. i wouldn't mind living there...but i hate tourists in my neck of the woods too. haha!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

We had a few kids around here that did that. Made big bucks as waiters in the restaraunts there.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
We had a few kids around here that did that. Made big bucks as waiters in the restaraunts there.
my buddy from high school moved down there after he graduated to live with his mom. now he runs and manages all of the Candy Kitchens on the Coastal Highway. big break for him. haha!

i'd like to go down there and live with the bear minimum. just have fun and live a little more stress free while your down there. plus, i have family in Fairfax, VA and D.C. and Baltimore. so, i have people close, ya know?

but the Steelers love down there is ridiculous...i love it. haha!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
there were more Steelers fans than Ravens fans. even though i seen a few here and there, i seen a lot more Redskins and Eagles fans too.
Maryland is extremely divided, with parts of the Eastern Shore and most of Western Maryland being Steelers fans, all of Southern Maryland being Skins territory, and the rest belonging to the Ravens. The entire Eastern Shore is pretty much neatly divided between Ravens/Steelers/Eagles/Redskins fans. Ocean City doesn't even get one newspaper as there are DC/Annapolis/Baltimore publications outside most restaurants.

There are a ton of Pittsburgh defects in Ocean City especially, though.

Last edited by Ravnet; 08-05-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
WindyCitySteelerFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10940

There's several Steelers bars in Ocean City too!
WindyCitySteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post

also, if you are reading this: old man on the beach with the Ravens hat...i'm sorry i did the butt floss dry off with my Steelers towel two feet away from you. i'm not sorry i did it, i'm sorry i got sand in your eyes. that was rude. haha!

Well, I truely enjoyed your story, I really did, I love stories like that. But when I read this part, I literally laughed out loud. haha.
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
stlrz fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10982

Salty Dog in OC is a Steelers Bar, owner from Pgh and a great fan. RAvens fans HATE so many Steeler fans down there!!
stlrz fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrz fan View Post
Salty Dog in OC is a Steelers Bar, owner from Pgh and a great fan. RAvens fans HATE so many Steeler fans down there!!
I know that guy. Buxsy. Friend of a friend.
I met him last year at a tailgate at the Ravens game in B-more.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote