Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default This is beyond scary

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

For those who were concerned about possible invasion of privacy under the Patriot Act - you will certainly want to watch this brief video VERY closely.

Do NOT go into the government website to look at this program, and "agree" to the privacy provisions! The “provisions” sign your computer and all files over to the government as their property, and by extension, everything on your property. Actually, it would be wise to not go to any gubmint website for ANY REASON.

What the Cash for Clunkers Program does is so scary it’s unbelievable...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Whoops! I've already been there and done that...thank God I did it while at work.

By the way, making "cash for clunkers" permanent probably will happen. The eco-wacko's minimal threshold is to pull 75% of the current "gas guzzlers" off the road...at ANY cost.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

Wow.
That IS freaky!!!! Somehow it doesn't surprise me at all, though, our government being what it is.
I am a longtime fan of Glen Beck, he's always got some compelling stuff to talk about.

Edit: And they are not getting my stinky old Jeep!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

For those who were concerned about possible invasion of privacy under the Patriot Act - you will certainly want to watch this brief video VERY closely.

Do NOT go into the government website to look at this program, and "agree" to the privacy provisions! The “provisions” sign your computer and all files over to the government as their property, and by extension, everything on your property. Actually, it would be wise to not go to any gubmint website for ANY REASON.

What the Cash for Clunkers Program does is so scary it’s unbelievable...

Pardon my french but this is...

BULLSHIT

Now good old, fake tears and fear mongering Beck has to twist the truth again doesn't he?!

Let me explain before you get your picket signs and try to impeach the president over this nonsense.

Quote:
  1. If you are a consumer visiting cars.gov (the "cash for clunkers" website) the Federal government cannot take control over your computer, nor will it ask permission to do so.
  2. The "Terms of Use" statement to which Beck refers in this clip is not from cars.gov. Rather it is a login page for dealer transactions located at esc.gov.
  3. The only people who can get login credentials for the esc.gov site are dealers who have been screened and registered for the "cash for clunkers" program.
  4. To summarize: the page in question isn't on cars.gov and can only be used by dealers who have already registered. Consumers won't be impacted by any of this.
This is to keep the tabs on the dealers involved in this. So everyone knows who's doing what and to keep a record of the whole thing. And of course to see if any underhanded things are occurring.

So who's the liar? Your nonsense spewing "watchdog" or me? Of course no one here will go look at the site to verify this because Beck has made you all think its the end of your freedom the moment you do.

That Uncle Sam will monitor you from now till the day you die.
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
I am fairly confident he will be a one termer, but the scary thing is how much damage he can do in the next 3.5 yrs. Look at what has changed in 6 months.
I pray to God you're right.

My larger fear is that they have the apparati in place to steal 2010. If we lose 2010, its all over.

These "people" aren't stupid. And they aren't liberals. They're Stalinists hell bent on destroying the republic that the Forefathers and so many since have sacrificed dearly for.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post
So who's the liar? Your nonsense spewing "watchdog" or me?
This seems to have struck a nerve with you, so I'll guess 'you'.

Quote:
Of course no one here will go look at the site to verify this because Beck has made you all think its the end of your freedom the moment you do.
Who in their right mind would go there?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Wow...such anger. It's wildly inaccurate and crazy of us to be protective of ourselves and question things a little bit?

This new Obamaized government seems capable of this...I'm glad to find out THIS particular infringement is probably not what we thought it might be, but I'm still quite en garde for the other 1,000 infringements this Presidents is considering implementing.

He DID, after all, EXPAND Bush's wiretap program after lying through his teeth and saying it was not only deplorable but that he'd instantly revoke it upon election.

So ease up, BIG CAPS MAN.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
SteelTalons
Starter

It struck a nerve with me, not because yall believe it. It struck a nerve with me because Glenn Beck is lying.

This is out right fraud. This isn't freedom of speech people.

If you wanna be ignorant to reality that's on you.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,756 Times in 1,787 Posts

Quote:
Pardon my french but this is...

BULLSHIT

Now good old, fake tears and fear mongering Beck has to twist the truth again doesn't he?!

Let me explain before you get your picket signs and try to impeach the president over this nonsense.

This is to keep the tabs on the dealers involved in this. So everyone knows who's doing what and to keep a record of the whole thing. And of course to see if any underhanded things are occurring.

So who's the liar? Your nonsense spewing "watchdog" or me? Of course no one here will go look at the site to verify this because Beck has made you all think its the end of your freedom the moment you do.

That Uncle Sam will monitor you from now till the day you die.
So your saying that somewhere in that user agreement, EULA or whatever that it specifically says unless your in your house or on a private computer that it would not be property of the US government? It seems to be just a lil broader than that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
SteelTalons
Starter

No Im saying that unless your are a registered dealer for this program. This terms don't effect you. If you are just looking to trade in a car or what have you. Then it don't effect you the slightest bit.