Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter
 
Stlrs4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Bedford, Pa
Posts: 5,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 419
Thanks: 14
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Lightbulb Re: This is beyond scary

Like Talons said BS!


http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...kers-web-site/




The story:
Is Big Brother snooping on Cash for Clunkers site?

By Robert Farley
Published on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:40 p.m.

Related rulings:
False
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

Kimbery Guilfoyle, Friday, July 31st, 2009.

Ruling: False | Details
Bookmark this story:
Buzz up!
ShareThis

Fox News anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested people who visit the Cash for Clunkers Web site would give the government access to their home computer.

On Glenn Beck's Fox News program on July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.

The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files. But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.

On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site, and we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.

But we ruled Guilfoyle's warnings about Big Brother worming its way into the home computers of an unsuspecting public False.
__________________

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
The Patriot
Head Coach
 
The Patriot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,722
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7750
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Like Talons said BS!


http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...kers-web-site/




The story:
Is Big Brother snooping on Cash for Clunkers site?

By Robert Farley
Published on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:40 p.m.

Related rulings:
False
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

Kimbery Guilfoyle, Friday, July 31st, 2009.

Ruling: False | Details
Bookmark this story:
Buzz up!
ShareThis

Fox News anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested people who visit the Cash for Clunkers Web site would give the government access to their home computer.

On Glenn Beck's Fox News program on July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.

The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files. But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.

On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site, and we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.

But we ruled Guilfoyle's warnings about Big Brother worming its way into the home computers of an unsuspecting public False.
That's just the liberal media covering up his trail you Obama drone!

Quick, everyone! Smash your computers! Smash them before it's too late!888^%&^ug7398^%&788
__________________
"That's the thing about Brett Favre; he's not afraid to throw an interception. That's one of the things I most admire about him." - Tom Jackson
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
On July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.
She didn't suggest. She said specifically that by agreeing to the privacy terms you know the rest. And note the date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files.
Yes, the site did have language that gave the gubmint sole rights to your computer and it's files, and by extension, your property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.
Or so the story goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site,
Did they??!! Why, do you suppose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.
Do they??!! But everything's all better now. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
But we ruled Guilfoyle's warnings about Big Brother worming its way into the home computers of an unsuspecting public False.
Excuse me, but who the @#$% are "we"?
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,317
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,933
Thanked 8,406 Times in 3,547 Posts
Default Re: This is beyond scary

PANIC!!!
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
SteelTalons
Starter
 
SteelTalons's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 585
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11867
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
PANIC!!!


This sort of nonsense really burns my ass. I think this was just Beck trying to shoot a program that worked far better than he hoped down. Now Im not saying its been flawless, but its worked pretty damn well so far and at the very least gave the car companies some much needed business.
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
That's just the liberal media covering up his trail you Obama drone!

Quick, everyone! Smash your computers! Smash them before it's too late!888^%&^ug7398^%&788
I agree!

Obama is spying on us all right now...the only option is to destroy our computers!!!! That'll teach 'em. freir44riu4r093q3ru89qoijqqr0324u9te90ttq890U
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,317
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,933
Thanked 8,406 Times in 3,547 Posts
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
the only option is to destroy our computers!!!!
hide all the women!

seriously... obama slept with my mom, wife, AND daughter last night and theres nothing i can do.

appearantly he owns them ALL now, just because i logged on to a government site.

(plus i googled "cash for clunkers" and my dog spontaneously combusted right before my eyes!)
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
SteelCityMom
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: This is beyond scary

I'm sorry, but Glen Beck is full of it.

The government doesn't need you to click on any site or agree to anything to be able to look at your computer files. They can look at anyone's files anytime they want, and they've been able to for a while now. The Patriot Act basically gave them permission to do so with little or no reason at all.

I'm not saying freak out over it, the government could pretty much care less what most people do on the computer, this was "supposed" to be for catching terrorists.

It's not something I necessarily agree with either, I'm just sayin' Beck is full of it, and is just doing his usual "sensational" reporting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #19
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: This is beyond scary

You give the government far too much credit. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get me to believe the government is capable of looking into anyone's files at any time. I've been to the DMV, I'm in court rooms every day, government work is simply not that sophisticated.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #20
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
You give the government far too much credit. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get me to believe the government is capable of looking into anyone's files at any time. I've been to the DMV, I'm in court rooms every day, government work is simply not that sophisticated.
The government, at least certain government agencies such as DHS and the DoD, have hackers on the payroll. So yes, if they really wanted to, they could gain access to anyone's computer at any time. I'm not so paranoid that they are actually doing it, though.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts