Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Lightbulb Re: This is beyond scary

Like Talons said BS!

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...kers-web-site/

The story:
Is Big Brother snooping on Cash for Clunkers site?

By Robert Farley
Published on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:40 p.m.

Related rulings:
False
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

Kimbery Guilfoyle, Friday, July 31st, 2009.

Ruling: False | Details
Bookmark this story:
Buzz up!
ShareThis

Fox News anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested people who visit the Cash for Clunkers Web site would give the government access to their home computer.

On Glenn Beck's Fox News program on July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.

The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files. But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.

On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site, and we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.

But we ruled Guilfoyle's warnings about Big Brother worming its way into the home computers of an unsuspecting public False.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Like Talons said BS!

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...kers-web-site/

The story:
Is Big Brother snooping on Cash for Clunkers site?

By Robert Farley
Published on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:40 p.m.

Related rulings:
False
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

Kimbery Guilfoyle, Friday, July 31st, 2009.

Ruling: False | Details
Bookmark this story:
Buzz up!
ShareThis

Fox News anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested people who visit the Cash for Clunkers Web site would give the government access to their home computer.

On Glenn Beck's Fox News program on July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.

The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files. But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.

On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site, and we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.

But we ruled Guilfoyle's warnings about Big Brother worming its way into the home computers of an unsuspecting public False.
That's just the liberal media covering up his trail you Obama drone!

Quick, everyone! Smash your computers! Smash them before it's too late!888^%&^ug7398^%&788
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
On July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.
She didn't suggest. She said specifically that by agreeing to the privacy terms you know the rest. And note the date.

Quote:
The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files.
Yes, the site did have language that gave the gubmint sole rights to your computer and it's files, and by extension, your property.

Quote:
But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.
Or so the story goes.

Quote:
On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site,
Did they??!! Why, do you suppose?

Quote:
we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.
Do they??!! But everything's all better now. Right?

Quote:
Excuse me, but who the @#$% are "we"?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,406 Times in 3,547 Posts

PANIC!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
PANIC!!!

This sort of nonsense really burns my ass. I think this was just Beck trying to shoot a program that worked far better than he hoped down. Now Im not saying its been flawless, but its worked pretty damn well so far and at the very least gave the car companies some much needed business.
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
That's just the liberal media covering up his trail you Obama drone!

Quick, everyone! Smash your computers! Smash them before it's too late!888^%&^ug7398^%&788
I agree!

Obama is spying on us all right now...the only option is to destroy our computers!!!! That'll teach 'em. freir44riu4r093q3ru89qoijqqr0324u9te90ttq890U
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,406 Times in 3,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
the only option is to destroy our computers!!!!
hide all the women!

seriously... obama slept with my mom, wife, AND daughter last night and theres nothing i can do.

appearantly he owns them ALL now, just because i logged on to a government site.

(plus i googled "cash for clunkers" and my dog spontaneously combusted right before my eyes!)
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

I'm sorry, but Glen Beck is full of it.

The government doesn't need you to click on any site or agree to anything to be able to look at your computer files. They can look at anyone's files anytime they want, and they've been able to for a while now. The Patriot Act basically gave them permission to do so with little or no reason at all.

I'm not saying freak out over it, the government could pretty much care less what most people do on the computer, this was "supposed" to be for catching terrorists.

It's not something I necessarily agree with either, I'm just sayin' Beck is full of it, and is just doing his usual "sensational" reporting.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #19
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

You give the government far too much credit. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get me to believe the government is capable of looking into anyone's files at any time. I've been to the DMV, I'm in court rooms every day, government work is simply not that sophisticated.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #20
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
You give the government far too much credit. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get me to believe the government is capable of looking into anyone's files at any time. I've been to the DMV, I'm in court rooms every day, government work is simply not that sophisticated.
The government, at least certain government agencies such as DHS and the DoD, have hackers on the payroll. So yes, if they really wanted to, they could gain access to anyone's computer at any time. I'm not so paranoid that they are actually doing it, though.