Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #21
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: This is beyond scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
You give the government far too much credit. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get me to believe the government is capable of looking into anyone's files at any time. I've been to the DMV, I'm in court rooms every day, government work is simply not that sophisticated.
My fiance is in computer forensics (he mainly works to catch hackers). He can get past most any firewall that people have set up, he doesn't even work for the government yet...but they have people who do his exact job working for them. I know for a fact that they can.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #22
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
The government, at least certain government agencies such as DHS and the DoD, have hackers on the payroll. So yes, if they really wanted to, they could gain access to anyone's computer at any time. I'm not so paranoid that they are actually doing it, though.
That was among my concerns with the previous "administration", and the creation of such organs as the DHS. Once established they're there for any subsequent "administration" to use and abuse as the apparatchiks do today.

I wonder what might have happened if the criminal Beck had not lied about the klunker "dealer" page. Do you suppose they would have removed the "controversial" language on 8/3? No, probably not.

And what was so threatening in the language to get all the "crazies" worked up?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #23
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post
Pardon my french but this is...

BULLSHIT

Now good old, fake tears and fear mongering Beck has to twist the truth again doesn't he?!

Let me explain before you get your picket signs and try to impeach the president over this nonsense.

This is to keep the tabs on the dealers involved in this. So everyone knows who's doing what and to keep a record of the whole thing. And of course to see if any underhanded things are occurring.

So who's the liar? Your nonsense spewing "watchdog" or me? Of course no one here will go look at the site to verify this because Beck has made you all think its the end of your freedom the moment you do.

That Uncle Sam will monitor you from now till the day you die.
Im a Beck fan and he actually clarifies that he was told that its a release for dealers. All he added was if the government took action and wanted to look into your computer they had te right. Say one of the dealers check his email ans forwards a rght wing message. The Government would then have the right to follow that email and check that persons computer as well. Its all in the agreement, With Acorn running the census and Obamas Czars being radicals all he was doing was showing this and letting people know.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's the government...TRUST THEM! You'll be fine...just trust them without question, people.

But if you DO question your government, be prepared to be labeled a panic-inducing pariah...

In Obama we Trust!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #25
J Dogg
Banned

Member Number: 13272

SteelMom got it dead right. The good old Patriot Act gave the government the right to do pretty much whatever they want with your virtual life. It was a Conservative initiative backed by prominent liberals (including our sitting President).
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #26
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
My fiance is in computer forensics (he mainly works to catch hackers). He can get past most any firewall that people have set up, he doesn't even work for the government yet...but they have people who do his exact job working for them. I know for a fact that they can.
Do you really think they have the resources and manpower to deal with 99.9% of the population? 300 people on a terrorist watch list sure, me you and or neighbors? Not buying it.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #27
J Dogg
Banned

Member Number: 13272

Quote:
Do you really think they have the resources and manpower to deal with 99.9% of the population? 300 people on a terrorist watch list sure, me you and or neighbors? Not buying it.
No, but 50% is a realistic number. Besides, you don't need someone sitting at a terminal scanning e-mails by hand. You can run a program that scans e-mails for keywords like tea party, town hall, etc. 3-4 teach can handle thousands of e-mails. Hell, one guy with the right software can take down a midesized company in a day.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #28
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
I'm not saying that they do. I'm just pointing out that they don't need you to click an agreement on a cash for clunkers site to have permission to look through your computer files.

I already stated in my first post on the topic that they could give a crap about what most people do, I'm just saying if they really wanted to check your computer and internet files, they don't need any kind of permission and you wouldn't even know about it.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #29
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I'm not saying that they do. I'm just pointing out that they don't need you to click an agreement on a cash for clunkers site to have permission to look through your computer files.

I already stated in my first post on the topic that they could give a crap about what most people do, I'm just saying if they really wanted to check your computer and internet files, they don't need any kind of permission and you wouldn't even know about it.
So basically, like Beck, you are saying it could happen?

However, you add the (extremely intelligent) addendum that it probalby won't happen to 99% of us.

Simply put, Beck isn't spouting BS. He's just not necessiraly spouting the rest of the info on the likelihood of it actually affecting you. The fact that the power to do so exists is troublesome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...and we've got someone in the office who is wanting to bring more power to less people...and reduce power in the greater numbers. Which is the exact opposite of what our founding father's wished.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #30
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
So basically, like Beck, you are saying it could happen?

However, you add the (extremely intelligent) addendum that it probalby won't happen to 99% of us.

Simply put, Beck isn't spouting BS. He's just not necessiraly spouting the rest of the info on the likelihood of it actually affecting you. The fact that the power to do so exists is troublesome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...and we've got someone in the office who is wanting to bring more power to less people...and reduce power in the greater numbers. Which is the exact opposite of what our founding father's wished.

No, I've already known it could happen for a while now. There's a lot of things in the Patriot Act that are disturbing as hell. I just call bs on Beck for saying that they need you to click on some kind of argreement lol. So yeah, I agree with you on that.

I'm very untrusting and wary of the government (and hackers in general). That's why I don't keep any kind of financial or private records on my computer. I use good old fashioned file cabinets lol.

I agree that the power of the government is unsettling, I just don't blame it on democrats or republicans. They are scratching each others backs as far as I'm concerned. That's a whole other argument from me though lol.