Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #21
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: Moral Outrage and the Hypocracy of Double Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
One of the problems with this whole line of reason is that the Republicans are claiming to have a higher set of standards, so when they fall, it's a bit farther to fall because they've raised the bar a little higher for themselves. It also makes them susceptible to their own hypocrisy.

Does that mean it's OK or expected for Democrats to cheat and philander around? Of course not, but it does mean there is sort of a sliding scale of moral turpitude...
Good points rev, and so true. It really makes me sad that the sliding scale you speak of is a fact. I guess I just wish that ALL Americans would hold ALL elected officials to the SAME standards. Even with that, I mean, even among private citiezens, people falter. Affiars happen. Are these elected officials to be held to a HIGHER standard than say, the average American ? I suppose one could make the argument that an affair by an elected official especially at the federal level, can kinda be a black eye to the nation and yes, bring in to question that persons character and the fact how he or she does their job and conducts themselves effects the nation.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #22
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: Moral Outrage and the Hypocracy of Double Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Oy...I think I've seen and heard it all now

What kind of absolute friggin IDIOT blames the recession on gays? See, this is the main reason why I would never join the Republican party. They have allowed the extreme kook religious nuts to gain way too much power and influence over the party. I have no problem with people practicing religion - I'm a believer in God myself. But good grief...that kind of thinking is just ridiculous, and I can't deal with that. And the sad part is that there are a whole lot of complete dullards out there who'll eat that up.
If I thought for a second that Representative Kern's views were prevelant in the thinking, speaking, or actions of the Republican party, I would not remain a registered Republican. Period. If I didn't think her views and statements were nothing more than a single, no bigger than a pin point, blip on the radar, I'd be gone. I hear so many on the outside of the Republican party say we need to practice more 'tolerance'. Well, from where I stand, inside, I see tolerance. And as a Republican, I make this vow. I promise not to judge the entire Democrat party on the thinking, speaking, or actions of Nancy Pelosi.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote