Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #91
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Stay classy Republicans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
friends that have to be "bought" aren't really friends. , and how much return, do you think we get on these "investments" ? i seem to recall a few years ago we gave mexico a big chunk of change "to stimulate thier economy" and provide jobs to the mexican people. the reasoning our elected liars gave was if they had jobs there, they wouldn't come here... well in the end we'll get the last laugh, because there won't be any jobs here...maybe thats the new strategy.
but anywho...shouldn't the US citizens be the biggest interest to this country? it sure don't seem like it is. they have no problem handing our money over to other countries, but yet cut funding for education and aid programs here to trim the budget...sorry but thats just freakin wrong !!!
Hell froze over - I agree with a Democrat!

Good post, MOP. I've said it for years upon years - even when Bush was in office -

TAKE CARE OF AMERICA FIRST!!!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 AM   #92
J Dogg
Banned

Member Number: 13272

If you really believe that this whole dust up over health care "reform" is about hekping people, then you trust the government more than I do.

And I work for them.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #93
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

I remember a few years ago President Bush came here to Parkersburg for a rally. Not sure what it was about but it was held at my HS Alma Mater. Anyways I was working across the street at a pizza joint and the protestors were from as far away as California. There was a line about 4 miles long of protestors and on the other side of the street there was pro bush supporters. There was even a van painted pink and pulling a trailor that was decorated as a piggy pank. Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream paid for the van. Now I wasnt a Bush supporter but where is that kinda stuff now? Obama has spent more money then Bush did. I complained about Bush and I complain about Obama. Im a Independent. It dosent matter the letter after your name. We should all be able to agree on fundamental principles. Im so tired of being called a racist because I dont support or like Obama. I have a Impeach Obama bumper sticker on my truck and my wifes car. I went to Charleston Tuesday and was confronted by a man that had a anti Bush sticker and a Obama 08 as well. He wanted to tell me about how bad Bush was. I let him talk and afterwards I said take off the blinders and tell me how bad of a job Obama has done. He then told me not to change the subject and told me that because Im white I couldnt accept a black man as my leader.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #94
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Back to the topic at hand, we could go back and forth all day long posting YouTube videos of this party or that party acting up...believe me, there is an INEXHAUSTIBLE SUPPLY OF THEM! The jackassery being displayed by both sides, especially on this powder keg of an issue is disgusting.

The bottom line is this: Healthcare is as polarizing an issue as I've ever seen. I have serious reservations about ANYTHING being done about it now, which is too bad because we do need some reforms, mostly along the lines of the the system of paying/billing/pricing. That may never get done now because the first bills set forth sucked, and all the subsequent compromises suck worse and move us FURTHER from what we need.

Whay Obama wanted (single payer, everyone covered) is unacceptable to all but the furthest fringy MOONBATS. What the GOP WAS offering (staus quo) is equally unacceptable. I truly hope we can find some middle ground and make some common-sense changes that benefit all of us before the country tears itself apart.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #95
J Dogg
Banned

This isn't hasn't even come close to generating the level of animosity or violence that abortion has.

As the whole racist thing is a crutch for the weak minded idiots out there. I'm in the military. My current supervisor is black. I've had black superintendents, NCOICs, OICs, and Commanders.

I'd LOVE for someone to play that tired race card with me.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #96
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
I remember a few years ago President Bush came here to Parkersburg for a rally. Not sure what it was about but it was held at my HS Alma Mater. Anyways I was working across the street at a pizza joint and the protestors were from as far away as California. There was a line about 4 miles long of protestors and on the other side of the street there was pro bush supporters. There was even a van painted pink and pulling a trailor that was decorated as a piggy pank. Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream paid for the van. Now I wasnt a Bush supporter but where is that kinda stuff now? Obama has spent more money then Bush did. I complained about Bush and I complain about Obama. Im a Independent. It dosent matter the letter after your name. We should all be able to agree on fundamental principles. Im so tired of being called a racist because I dont support or like Obama. I have a Impeach Obama bumper sticker on my truck and my wifes car. I went to Charleston Tuesday and was confronted by a man that had a anti Bush sticker and a Obama 08 as well. He wanted to tell me about how bad Bush was. I let him talk and afterwards I said take off the blinders and tell me how bad of a job Obama has done. He then told me not to change the subject and told me that because Im white I couldnt accept a black man as my leader.
Shouldn't a fundamental principle be respecting the Constitution, including the part that says impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors (as opposed to because you don't support his policies)?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #97
J Dogg
Banned

Oh and I almost forgot, my role model in the military is a black man. My first CMsgt. He's the measuring stick I use to see where I am in my life and career.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #98
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dogg View Post
This isn't hasn't even come close to generating the level of animosity or violence that abortion has.

As the whole racist thing is a crutch for the weak minded idiots out there. I'm in the military. My current supervisor is black. I've had black superintendents, NCOICs, OICs, and Commanders.

I'd LOVE for someone to play that tired race card with me.
I, too, am in the military and just had a fellow Soldier use the race card on me. I was a bit amazed (and very much angered) over the whole episode. My current supervisor is black and I work with a large contingent of black supply sergeants in another unit (in the same building.) First time in over 10 years that someone has ever attempted it on me. His claim was as ridiculous as the first one.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #99
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Abortion is different: For all the moral posturing by both sides, Roe v Wade is never actually going to be overturned.

Healthcare reform actually has a chance to get some traction.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #100
J Dogg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I, too, am in the military and just had a fellow Soldier use the race card on me. I was a bit amazed (and very much angered) over the whole episode. My current supervisor is black and I work with a large contingent of black supply sergeants in another unit (in the same building.) First time in over 10 years that someone has ever attempted it on me. His claim was as ridiculous as the first one.
Did you talk about the incident with your supervisor?