Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #81
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: Stay classy Republicans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I think one of the main issues for me re: Obamacare was the alacrity at which they were pushing the bill through. I would expect a careful thought out debate, however it seemed they invited the panic by attempting to railroad it.

I'm right with you on the coverage for illegals though. I'd like 1 person to stand up and say, "No, I ill not give care to illegals." No one has the balls to do that on the Dem side. Not sure any Repubs do either.
well of course they'll SAY they won't support a bill that includes illegals, like specter did...but......we'll see.
but yeah i'm with ya on the rushing thing. if they think they got something golden there, then they shouldn't have a problem with taking thier time and breaking it down to the american people so EVERYBODY understands exactly whats being proposed.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #82
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
sorry dude but i think the rules say you gotta be one or the other. it seems that "riding the fence" means you are lesser than either of the 2.

However, if you are one of the other two you are automatically grouped into the extremists versions of each respective party. Either a wife spitter or a nazi. Take your pick, but choose wisely.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #83
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post

I'm right with you on the coverage for illegals though. I'd like 1 person to stand up and say, "No, I ill not give care to illegals." No one has the balls to do that on the Dem side. Not sure any Repubs do either.
what if we provide free abortions to all the illegals? that way none of their offspring become american citizens under our law, and we dont have to provide them welfare for the rest of their lives?

Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #84
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
sorry dude but i think the rules say you gotta be one or the other. it seems that "riding the fence" means you are lesser than either of the 2.

well i don't think i'd share a high enough percentage on eithers views or policies to qualify for either party. i was registered as an independant until a few years ago i wanted to vote in the primaries, so i just checked demo...but like i said, i don't consider myself to be either... i'm just a citizen caught in an outdated 2 party system thats destroying the country...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-13-2009, 01:23 AM   #85
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
what if we provide free abortions to all the illegals? that way none of their offspring become american citizens under our law, and we dont have to provide them welfare for the rest of their lives?

And mandate abortion, because you know some of them will want to have kids.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #86
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
and once again you ducked the question , so is it ..
1. you were unimformed and ingnorant to the facts...which is what you accuse of obama supporters of, which makes you a hypocrite
2 your a hypocrite towing the party line
3 all of the above..
Wasn't ducking the question, just using a little humor to ease you into what we're in store for for the next three and half years. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Here's a few of the points of contention I had with Bush. I think beginning the bail outs was not the wisest thing for Bush to do. I think Bush should have done more to push legislation to secure the borders and deport illegals. I wish he'd focused in on Afghanastan and getting OBL, but I'm not gonna cry over a deposed murderous dictator from Iraq being taken down. Now that Obama has apparently turned up the heat in Afghanastan, I wish him well in that endeavor and hope we finally get the SOB. I'll cheer as loudly as anyone if it happens under Obamas watch and give credit where credit is due.

I won't lie, I liked Dubya overall. But you see, I look at more than policies alone. I think one of the greatest qualities in a United States President is pride in this country and it's people. I think it's very important how he represents us abroad. For one thing, when foreign countries look at our President, they see either a wimp or somone not to be F'd with. I was very proud to watch Bush stand before the U.N. and remind them that we ARE a sovereign nation, and tell them "while we come asking for a resolution from the U.N., if you decide not to give us one, it won't keep us from acting in our own best Interest "....I'm paraphrasing of course. It's been a while since a U.S. President showed that kind of courage. Compare that to Obamas "AMERICA APOLOGIZES 2009 WORLD TOUR". Compare that to Obama standing with a foreign leader in Mexico saying that those who were opposing his healthcare plan "back home" were "scared of the boogeyman". Did you once hear of Bush ridiculing the American people while standing on foreign soil in front of foreign leaders, dignitaries and the press ? Did you once hear him talk down his detractors "back home" while in a Global spotlight ? Not on your life.

As for lies and deception, you are being lied to and deceived right now by Obama. He says he's not going to remove the "private option". But that doesn't match up with what he's been saying the last 5 years. Ya might wanna look into that.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:50 AM   #87
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

so once again... did it piss you off when your "american champion" was handing over YOUR tax dollars to aid people burning your flag ? or does it only piss you off that the "other" party did it ? i myself am against ALL foreign aid until poverty in THIS country is a thing of the past, so i have no problem saying obama can eat shit for it.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #88
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
so once again... did it piss you off when your "american champion" was handing over YOUR tax dollars to aid people burning your flag ? or does it only piss you off that the "other" party did it ? i myself am against ALL foreign aid until poverty in THIS country is a thing of the past, so i have no problem saying obama can eat shit for it.
Can I answer that one?

I am for foreign aid when it benefits the US interests, whether it be military, business, or intelligence.

In the end, foreign aid is to garner alliances and-or support for the united states.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #89
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Can I answer that one?

I am for foreign aid when it benefits the US interests, whether it be military, business, or intelligence.

In the end, foreign aid is to garner alliances and-or support for the united states.
friends that have to be "bought" aren't really friends. , and how much return, do you think we get on these "investments" ? i seem to recall a few years ago we gave mexico a big chunk of change "to stimulate thier economy" and provide jobs to the mexican people. the reasoning our elected liars gave was if they had jobs there, they wouldn't come here... well in the end we'll get the last laugh, because there won't be any jobs here...maybe thats the new strategy.
but anywho...shouldn't the US citizens be the biggest interest to this country? it sure don't seem like it is. they have no problem handing our money over to other countries, but yet cut funding for education and aid programs here to trim the budget...sorry but thats just freakin wrong !!!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 AM   #90
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
friends that have to be "bought" aren't really friends. , and how much return, do you think we get on these "investments" ? i seem to recall a few years ago we gave mexico a big chunk of change "to stimulate thier economy" and provide jobs to the mexican people. the reasoning our elected liars gave was if they had jobs there, they wouldn't come here... well in the end we'll get the last laugh, because there won't be any jobs here...maybe thats the new strategy.
but anywho...shouldn't the US citizens be the biggest interest to this country? it sure don't seem like it is. they have no problem handing our money over to other countries, but yet cut funding for education and aid programs here to trim the budget...sorry but thats just freakin wrong !!!

See, here is where we have fundamental disagreements. I don't think that the federal govt. SHOULD be funding education and local aid. I think the local and state govts. should be funding those. THe less money to the fed. govt., the less powerful the fed. govt. is.

Furthermore, You DONT have friends at that level of govt. You give money to Iraq in the 80's, not because you like them, but because between Iraq and Iran, they are the lessor of two evils. You support Afganistan in the 80's not because you like or agree with them, but because by supporting them, you learn more about your enemy, the USSR, more about their helicopters, small squad tactics, etc.

Statecraft is an entirely different ballgame, and you have to pay to play.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote