Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Halloween 2

With all the political threads posted I thought what would be better then to talk about a slasher flick. Anyone gonna go see it? I looks pretty good.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Halloween 2

why keep remaking classic movies???? halloween was one of the great horror movies when it came out. and no i am not going to go see it, b/c the original scared the living crap out of me when i was young.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

i really cannot wait for this movie. when i first heard they were remaking the original Halloween, i thought, "oh crap! not again." but oncve i heard Rob Zombie actually got John Carpenter's blessing to make the film, i thought, "sweet. this'll rock." and it did. the sequel looks like it's going to be even better and from what i hear, keep your eyes peeled for "Weird" Al Yankovic. he makes a cameo. haha!

Rob Zombie is now a bonafide horror film director and if he makes this a trilogy, the skies the limits for him. i can't wait for this film...period.

on a side note, i always like when people bitch and whine about filmmakers remaking classic films. but i always ask them, "why not remake it? Hollywood obviously can't think of anything original and i don't see you or me out there making movies. if you don't like it...don't go see it. quit crying and give it a chance." the new Friday the 13th was off the hook and The Amityville Horror was way better than the original. the only remake i didn't like was The Omen. it was basically the same damn film but with better special effects. equally creepy, but eh. =)

horror movies are a great topic of conversation for me. haha!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
why keep remaking classic movies???? halloween was one of the great horror movies when it came out. and no i am not going to go see it, b/c the original scared the living crap out of me when i was young.
the original Halloween was a great film. it was a trailblazer in the horror/slasher genre, i'll give you that. but in retrospect, it really wasn't that good. in my eyes, it was like "The Exorcist". really scary...but really boring. it didn't grab me like i thought it would when i first seen it. and to this day it doesn't quite hit me like a horror movie should. good film...but lackluster for our generation.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
i really cannot wait for this movie. when i first heard they were remaking the original Halloween, i thought, "oh crap! not again." but oncve i heard Rob Zombie actually got John Carpenter's blessing to make the film, i thought, "sweet. this'll rock." and it did. the sequel looks like it's going to be even better and from what i hear, keep your eyes peeled for "Weird" Al Yankovic. he makes a cameo. haha!

Rob Zombie is now a bonafide horror film director and if he makes this a trilogy, the skies the limits for him. i can't wait for this film...period.

on a side note, i always like when people bitch and whine about filmmakers remaking classic films. but i always ask them, "why not remake it? Hollywood obviously can't think of anything original and i don't see you or me out there making movies. if you don't like it...don't go see it. quit crying and give it a chance." the new Friday the 13th was off the hook and The Amityville Horror was way better than the original. the only remake i didn't like was The Omen. it was basically the same damn film but with better special effects. equally creepy, but eh. =)

horror movies are a great topic of conversation for me. haha!
I forgot about the new Friday the 13th. Damn. Ill have to stop by the video store in the morning and grab it and the new Madden. The Amityville Horror remake was damn good.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
arge5809
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13245

The remake of the first Halloween was awesome, the sequel should be just as good... How about the remake of My bloody valentine?
arge5809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
the original Halloween was a great film. it was a trailblazer in the horror/slasher genre, i'll give you that. but in retrospect, it really wasn't that good. in my eyes, it was like "The Exorcist". really scary...but really boring. it didn't grab me like i thought it would when i first seen it. and to this day it doesn't quite hit me like a horror movie should. good film...but lackluster for our generation.
i think halloween 5 was the scariest to me. i went to the movies and seen it, and after that i never watched another horror movie again.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

First off the Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Boring? sure, to the person that wants a hack and slash film where the bad guy just runs around hacking up pretty little coeds with a butcher knife with boob shots and panty covered butts on screen.

But if you want Real Horror, the Exorcist is it. From the discovery of the statue in Iraq to the end sequence where one preist dies and the other goes for a ride out the window, the Movie is one big stress out. The scene wear Reagan pisses on the floor during the dinner party or works herself over with a Crucifix screaming let Jesus Fck You...will never be matched. Ever.

"See what she did, your cnting daughter"

Go watch it again Uncut, on DVD with no interuptions and then get back to me.

If I want Hack and Slash, sure, I'll watch one of these Countless Remakes, F13, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, or what not. But when I'm in the mood for just a good movie, that is horror based, I'll watch the Exorcist or Jaws. You can have your "modern blood fest gore" crap. I like Films, not garbage. House of a Thousand corpses was pathetic. The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when the chick trying to escape just flat out books down a hall and knowing she is on the 2nd floor dives right through the glass window not caring because she is flat out That Freaking Scared for her life, now that's Horror. That's Fear.

Oh, great Horror movie, little known staring Jeff Goldblum, called Mr Frost. Totally recommend that one.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

another good horror movie was salems lot.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
First off the Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time.
I agree.

First time I watched I didn't sleep for two weeks. Kept waiting for my bed to move.
Although I was only 12-13 years old at the time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote