Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Re: Halloween 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
why keep remaking classic movies???? halloween was one of the great horror movies when it came out. and no i am not going to go see it, b/c the original scared the living crap out of me when i was young.
Why? Because Hollywood is all about $$ and there is no originality any longer...

Recycle this...Recycle that...make 15 Batman movies... *yawn*
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

The Batman remakes have been awesome darnit! :P That being said, I'd love to see more originality as well. However, if the remake is done right, it's worth seeing. Not like the remake for The Longest Yard. Funny, but not nearly as good as the original.

That being said (and back on topic)

I doubt I'll see this movie. The Horror thing is meh to me. The wife really doesn't like it and most of my friends are much more into comedy/drama/action movies than they are Horror.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #13
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

to me, the all-time greatest horror movie would have to be "The Shining." it was a flawless book and a great adaptaion by one of films most distinguished directors, Stanley Kubrick. amazing visuals, brilliant performances, and one of the greatest horror movie epics. you can't touch this movie for screams and chills. "The Shining" tackles something that has never been seen before in film. an unknown horror. nobody knows why that movie was so scary. it wasn't a ghost or a killer and it wasn't an actual object that was the catalyst of the film. it was the human nature of fear and cabin fever. the fear of isolation and dementia causing unknown terrors and delusions that can't be explained causing thoughts of homocide and rage that one would never expect to act on. it's something that everyone can experience...unlike a burnt up child molester who haunts your dreams. haha!

"The Exorcist" was good and it's still prevelant in pop-culture today. but to me, it was a "shock value" movie. the only reason it was so scary was because nobody had ever seen anything like that back in it's heyday. my mother say it in the theatre and she loved it. but she even said to me, "i watched 'The Ring' and it was even scarier than 'The Exorcist." granted, i don't agree with her. but to me, you can't touch "The Shining."

that's just me throwing that out there. "The Exorcist" - great movie and extremely boring. "The Shining" - cult classic and probably one of the finest films ever made. not just horror movies, but of all time.

IMDB Ranking:
"The Exorcist" - #210 of 250
"The Shining" - #52 of 250
Old 08-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #14
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Zombie did one hell of a job on his first Halloween. I don't see why this one would be any different. Can't wait to check it out!
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I HATE horror movies, so . . . NO.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I think there has to be a separation here within the genre. THere are teen horror movies, and adulti horror movies.

For Teen horror movies, I think the original Nightmare on Elm Street, in the day was brutal. At that point, who else thought about a guy that would enter your dreams and kill you while you slept?

Sadly series became a caricature of itself quite fast.... Until the final movie. Believe it or not, it too was a great movie, mainly because it crossed the lines, and the actors played themselves in the movie, talking about the characters until they began to be haunted by the demon that was driving Wes Craven's original picture (he was writing it out of dreams he had, or soemthign like that).

That blurring of movie and "real life" was a fascinating plot.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #17
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

I just recently saw the remake of The Last House on the Left, which was ok...They took away alot of the old corniness that was present in the original, but there was something missing.
I'll eventually see the new Halloween, but on DVD so we'll see.
I agree with the poster who spoke of the fear factor in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre-and it's not half as gory as the remakes-it didn't have to be. Crazy families are scary enough!
I saw the Exorcist when I was a kid-my family members took me to the drive-in, thinking I'd be asleep thru the whole thing-oops! The movie that freaked me out as a kid the worst was Night of the Living Dead-it was on my mind for weeks!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #18
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post
I just recently saw the remake of The Last House on the Left, which was ok...They took away alot of the old corniness that was present in the original, but there was something missing.
I'll eventually see the new Halloween, but on DVD so we'll see.
I agree with the poster who spoke of the fear factor in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre-and it's not half as gory as the remakes-it didn't have to be. Crazy families are scary enough!
I saw the Exorcist when I was a kid-my family members took me to the drive-in, thinking I'd be asleep thru the whole thing-oops! The movie that freaked me out as a kid the worst was Night of the Living Dead-it was on my mind for weeks!
"The Last House on the Left" was a really good movie. i never seen the original, but the remake was REALLY intense and REALLY brutal. almost to the point when i had to look away. it was a great tense and taut thriller and totally worth it if you like solid horror movies.

i just got done watching "My Bloody Valentine" and i must say, i was impressed. it was really suspenseful and some of the deaths were really original and gut wrenching. a nice twisted plot and a beautifully directed movie...it's a must own for horror fanatics too.

i also recommend "High Tension" and the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" was beyond crazy. i love me some horror flicks. =)
Old 08-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #19
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I think there has to be a separation here within the genre. THere are teen horror movies, and adulti horror movies.

For Teen horror movies, I think the original Nightmare on Elm Street, in the day was brutal. At that point, who else thought about a guy that would enter your dreams and kill you while you slept?

Sadly series became a caricature of itself quite fast.... Until the final movie. Believe it or not, it too was a great movie, mainly because it crossed the lines, and the actors played themselves in the movie, talking about the characters until they began to be haunted by the demon that was driving Wes Craven's original picture (he was writing it out of dreams he had, or soemthign like that).

That blurring of movie and "real life" was a fascinating plot.
Speaking of teen horror movies I read that they are making a Scream 4.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #20
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

The last good horror flick I personally saw was "Stir of Echos". It was a nice change to see a movie that was more "Frightening" than "Shock and Gore"

Also like the original "Alien".

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 08-16-2009 at 12:21 PM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote